Bearded Theory 2024

12 minutes ago, si_t said:

Bit gutted by this lineup tbh. Very little reggae / ska (perhaps being phased out) and not that much to get excited about, for me. 

Will obviously explore those I don't know, but hoping there's much, much more to come. 

Well yesterdays lineup drop was a definite win for us, and tickets bought last night! But yeah, looking at the last few line-ups, I've also noticed that. Clearly DHP are taking it in a slightly different direction...

Due to a whole bunch of reasons, I've not personally not been since 2019...so it should be interesting to see what else has changed, and how it affects the vibe etc...(although fair play, loads of mates were very complimentary about this years do).

Hopefully 'Janes' will show up (and play). Loved them for years, but never managed to see them...that said, there is loads for us even if they 'no-show'!

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I certainly hope there are 2 pallet stage headliners to be announced. At the moment 2023 looks a lot stronger than 2024 so far (May be just my taste in music of course).

I think there is now I have slept on it. I can see Jane's and Orbital headlining, still think James will be announced as Sunday headliner. Also a smaller band to headline Thursday - possibly someone like Vaccines?

1 hour ago, si_t said:

Will obviously explore those I don't know, but hoping there's much, much more to come. 

That's probably less than a 1/3rd of acts announced so far, am sure there will be a load more that will please lovers of all genres.

I also think there's at least one more Pallet Headliner to come.

1 hour ago, spudthemariner said:

Well yesterdays lineup drop was a definite win for us, and tickets bought last night! But yeah, looking at the last few line-ups, I've also noticed that. Clearly DHP are taking it in a slightly different direction...

Due to a whole bunch of reasons, I've not personally not been since 2019...so it should be interesting to see what else has changed, and how it affects the vibe etc...(although fair play, loads of mates were very complimentary about this years do).

Hopefully 'Janes' will show up (and play). Loved them for years, but never managed to see them...that said, there is loads for us even if they 'no-show'!

Hey spud, yeah similar for us. We were drawn in around 2013 by a Sunday afternoon of pama International  / the beat  / transglobal... (or something like that.)

Went every year til about 2019 and now back after a break. We've had some great times at the festival, I'd go as far as to say some of the best weekends of my life.

Also interested to see where we are now, and how it feels. Hopefully subsequent lineup drops will tickets my fancy.

Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll habe a great weekend.  One of the great things about bearded was thar we did it pre kids, late nights, messy times... and now we can do it with kids, and still enjoy loads of whets on offer. 

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

That's probably less than a 1/3rd of acts announced so far, am sure there will be a load more that will please lovers of all genres.

I also think there's at least one more Pallet Headliner to come.

Yeah, good point. I forget how heavyweight it is now, and just how many acts play over the weekend 

Definitely needs a little ska adding but I'm sure it will come, Convoy Cabaret and Maui Waui should come through on that front.

I remember reading the act descriptions in the programme back around 2013/2014 and having a laugh as every act description seemed to be a pick and mix of punk/ska/reggae/rockabilly. I like that it has expanded its musical horizons but the old line-ups never stopped me having a great time.

Edited by Gnomicide

Can't see them really pulling in someone the size of Vaccines for Thursday considering last years headliners were on the 7th line of the Poster.

I reckon it will look something like this for my penny:

Friday

Pallet - Orbital (closing set) - Amyl and the Sniffers

Meadow - Bob Vylan

Saturday

Pallet - Jane's Addiction - Sleaford Mods

Meadow - TBC

Sunday

Pallet - Future Islands - TBC

Meadow - Dinosaur Jr

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Definitely needs a little ska adding but I'm sure it will come, Convoy Cabaret and Maui Waui should come through on that front.

I remember reading the act descriptions in the programme back around 2013/2014 and having a laugh as every act description seemed to be a pick and mix of punk/ska/reggae/rockabilly. I like that it has expanded its musical horizons but the old line-ups never stopped me having a great time.

Ha - yeah - agree.

It has expanded, feels like its growth has opened up more options, which is generally a good thing. 

Watching the growth from athlete headlining, to the likes of janes addiction has been cool. 

5 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Can't see them really pulling in someone the size of Vaccines for Thursday considering last years headliners were on the 7th line of the Poster.

I reckon it will look something like this for my penny:

Friday

Pallet - Orbital (closing set) - Amyl and the Sniffers

Meadow - Bob Vylan

Saturday

Pallet - Jane's Addiction - Sleaford Mods

Meadow - TBC

Sunday

Pallet - Future Islands - TBC

Meadow - Dinosaur Jr

I don't see Future Islands as a main stage headliner? Maybe a sub.

4 minutes ago, si_t said:

Ha - yeah - agree.

It has expanded, feels like its growth has opened up more options, which is generally a good thing. 

Watching the growth from athlete headlining, to the likes of janes addiction has been cool. 

What year was Athlete? My first was 2012, we had Adam Ant, The Damned and Dreadzone has headliners. Fair to say it's moved on. 

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

I don't see Future Islands as a main stage headliner? Maybe a sub.

Headlined End of the Road last year which I don't think is is a dissimilar capacity and previously headlined Green Man. Not a huge fan myself but think definitely a headliner.

Sleaford Mods subbed last time out at EOTR and don't think they've grew any bigger so Sub seems right with them as well or maybe put them on The Meadow on the Saturday

• Upvote 1

I am away with limited internet but I have read on several pages including the official site that all headliners are announced - so why are people still speculating about more to come?

We have what we have at the top of 2 stages - some I like, some I don't some I have never heard of...................

The festival will be amazing and I cannot wait to be there again.................................. as for the FB chat group - so much moaning oit is depressing!!

40 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I am away with limited internet but I have read on several pages including the official site that all headliners are announced - so why are people still speculating about more to come?

We have what we have at the top of 2 stages - some I like, some I don't some I have never heard of...................

The festival will be amazing and I cannot wait to be there again.................................. as for the FB chat group - so much moaning oit is depressing!!

From what I read those 6 are headliners BUT there are 9 headline slots if we include Pallet, Meadow and Woodland hence the 3 more to come. That's how I look into it anyway.