Elton’s guest list…

Welshinexile

The poster's printed on white paper. Surely that means the White Stripes will be joining him. The word 'farm' clearly shows The Farm will be on stage with him too. The word 'hello' has ELO in it, meaning the whole Electric Light Orchestra will be there. The word 'ready' is, I'm sure, an allusion to Simply Red, so Mick Hucknall will be joining him on stage. 'Elton' is clearly a reference to Ben Elton, who therefore will be there. The question mark at the end of the sentence suggests Therapy? will be joining him too. The poster in the photo is also clearly in the sunshine, and who was it that was walking on sunshine? Katrina and the Waves, so I imagine they'll be joining him on stage too.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, G1T said:

The poster's printed on white paper. Surely that means the White Stripes will be joining him. The word 'farm' clearly shows The Farm will be on stage with him too. The word 'hello' has ELO in it, meaning the whole Electric Light Orchestra will be there. The word 'ready' is, I'm sure, an allusion to Simply Red, so Mick Hucknall will be joining him on stage. 'Elton' is clearly a reference to Ben Elton, who therefore will be there. The question mark at the end of the sentence suggests Therapy? will be joining him too. The poster in the photo is also clearly in the sunshine, and who was it that was walking on sunshine? Katrina and the Waves, so I imagine they'll be joining him on stage too.

After all this, who really did join Elton on stage?

You guessed it… Frank Stallone

EB0675A1-8078-4AFD-A140-19BDB87EFF38.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Poster or no, I'd be shocked if Billy Joel didn't turn up considering how many years they spent touring together and the fact hes in town.

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

After all this, who really did join Elton on stage?

You guessed it… Frank Stallone

Frank Stallone is responsible for one of the worst 3 minutes every committed to tape.

Edited by The Nal
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Just watching Elton's chat with Clara Amfo on iplayer and he said he's opening with a song he hasn't performed live in about 10 years. Anyone have any guesses as to what it might be?

'You Suffer' by Napalm Death. Although it may, tbf, be longer than 10 years since he's performed that song. In fact, come to think of it, he may never have performed it at all.

Still though, stranger things have happened at Glastonbury before now.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Just watching Elton's chat with Clara Amfo on iplayer and he said he's opening with a song he hasn't performed live in about 10 years. Anyone have any guesses as to what it might be?

Pinball Wizard. Last played in 2009?

33 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Are You Ready For Love. Last played June 24th 2013. I doubt it will be anything else.

1 minute ago, Enkidu said:

It's not going to be Britney nor the Spice Girls.  There are much better modern pop artists he can bring on such as Dua, Rina, Lil Nas etc

I think if you’re in the field for Elton you’re probably not too fussed about better modern pop artists. Not taking anything away from him, but he’s pure nostalgia.  

Bring me the Spice Girls and Britney. 

• Like 2