Vodafone App

William Mann

Surely they uploaded for approval by Apple/Google before today!?

(For those who don't know, apps have an approvals process before they can be put live and Apple can be pretty strict on their rules).

On a similar note has anyone used the Vodafone daily battery pack charger before or is it new for this year (realise it was EE before but maybe they did it too)? Quite tempted as long as not huge queues for it each time you want to replace it. Any thoughts? https://vodafone.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-battery-pack-hire/vodafone-connect-charge/2661786

5 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

On a similar note has anyone used the Vodafone daily battery pack charger before or is it new for this year (realise it was EE before but maybe they did it too)? Quite tempted as long as not huge queues for it each time you want to replace it. Any thoughts? https://vodafone.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-battery-pack-hire/vodafone-connect-charge/2661786

You could buy 2 decent 20kmah+ power banks outright for that cost. You’ll keep them forever and there’s no need to worry about swapping them over. Will easily last the entire weekend. 

4 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

You could buy 2 decent 20kmah+ power banks outright for that cost. You’ll keep them forever and there’s no need to worry about swapping them over. Will easily last the entire weekend. 

Please could you share where I can buy 2 decent  20 Ah batteries for £20 please? As i am after 2 for my son for the festival. (The £5 is a refundable deposit.) 

Found a few on Amazon for £15ish each, but hardly decent, lots of the reviews claiming they don't hold anywhere near 20 Ah. All of the well reviewed ones seem to be £25+ each... So it might be cheaper just to hire him this for £20 and not have to worry about how many charges he'll get out of it. 

My only issue with this is that they're only 5 Ah, after losses, that won't charge a lot of modern flagships fully... Won't even charge the Apple flagship, and they're not exactly known for their battery capacity.  

Edited by Alvoram

I’ve got 2 of these but the older version. Had them for a few years and got them when they were on offer. The price has increased a lot but these are £24 right now. Can get 7-8 iPhone charges out of it so still better value than the on site ones. 

HETP Power Bank, Portable Charger 25800mAh [Newest Black-Red Design] High Capacity Power Banks with 2 USB Ports External Battery Pack with 4 LED Lights for Smart Phones,Tablet and Other Devices https://amzn.eu/d/9i5OhNw

Map is the best one yet... 

Clashfinder / Lineup seems better than EE one to me aswell. Can change between list or timeline, and even search by artist or stage to add acts to your itinerary, and can then view just your itinerary. 

Running very quickly and smoothly on Iphone. All in all, a win for Vodaphone for me. 

Needs a feature to make the lineup page more manageable - like on clashfinder where you can hide whole stages that you’re not interested in

I ended up looking at clashfinder and Vodaphone side by side to manually copy my timetable across

Edited by Twiggy553

• 2 weeks later...

Whispers 

I'm quite liking the official app.

Click on an act in your list, tells you where they are, click on map and blue dot shows you. 

Nice and simple if you're feeling a bit impaired. 

Edited by clarkete

I didn't mind it initially but it annoys me the map has the location button but doesn't zoom in on your location. What does that button do if not that? Also the toggling doesn't work. I appreciate some people may need to know where the deaf zone is, but I don't so why can't I stop it coming up.