Trolley Recommendations

HH46810

6 hours ago, clarkete said:

My recollection of smaller hard tyres and pulling trolleys in years with any wet mud was grim.  Pretty much dragging it anywhere that didn't have a track.  The thought leaves me distinctly flaccid, but then I am old.

Well you see, there's the rub. My hard unit is actually quite large. I don't want to boast but it is easily capable of dealing with any festival scenarios and conditions.

A very good fishing trolley with two thick wheels is the one, had it years and never failed me. Pump the tires up pre festival. 4 wheelers always seem to break and the trolleys with small wheels won’t hack it either, the trolley stand too low to the ground is always a bit of a disaster too. 

15 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Its the age old discussion: one journey taking absolutely everything, or a streamlined tent only trip followed by a second one carrying more stuff? I think its easier to just concentrate on tent and bed first trip, get most things sorted and shipshape, then out for a second bash for clothes and food, which is a far more relaxed and sedate affair almost certainly featuring a stop for a beer and a sitdown.

Its a tightrope though. One trippers break themselves on that one go, and then smile smugly at the two trippers. But the two trippers arent mouthing swears at everyone around them in the queues. well, not as much. 

I think I prefer the one trip and done despite how hard it can be. Been to a lot of festivals and only done 1 (that I can remember) 2 tripper and hated having to go back, never again. 

I use a bike trailer like this

Originally purchased to transport the kids when they were younger but now used for transportation of stuff between car and where I pitch.  I like the fact it's a push rather than a pull and you can get a decent amount in it.

cRx98a188d878815f.jpg.webp

49 minutes ago, dondo said:

I use a bike trailer like this

Originally purchased to transport the kids when they were younger but now used for transportation of stuff between car and where I pitch.  I like the fact it's a push rather than a pull and you can get a decent amount in it.

cRx98a188d878815f.jpg.webp

I'm considering getting one of these for this year as our boy will be two and a half and too big to sleep in the four wheel trolley we've converted for him used the last two years.

It's either this or a four wheel with a longer wheel base.

This looks good but a bit worried he won't be able to lie flat in it.

Also it's another bloody thing to find storage space for!

Edited by HotChipWillBreakYourLegs

1 hour ago, foolee said:

A very good fishing trolley with two thick wheels is the one, had it years and never failed me. Pump the tires up pre festival. 4 wheelers always seem to break and the trolleys with small wheels won’t hack it either, the trolley stand too low to the ground is always a bit of a disaster too. 

Yes I've seen some with fishing trolleys that looked well capable, also that one of @dondo's looks very deluxe 😊

2 hours ago, foolee said:

I think I prefer the one trip and done despite how hard it can be. Been to a lot of festivals and only done 1 (that I can remember) 2 tripper and hated having to go back, never again. 

I volunteer these days, so annoyingly my sack truck that has served through many muddy pushes and pulls on and offsite has enjoyed a bit of a retirement in my mate's shed. i'm parked in the field next to where oxfam camp, its no more than a five minute wander at the very, very most from tent to car so i can bring a foamy mattress, a duvet, a variety of eats, and all the spare socks a centipede would need.

I've done my hard yards in hiking 40 kilos over two miles of rutted slush, thankfully 😄

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

I volunteer these days, so annoyingly my sack truck that has served through many muddy pushes and pulls on and offsite has enjoyed a bit of a retirement in my mate's shed. i'm parked in the field next to where oxfam camp, its no more than a five minute wander at the very, very most from tent to car so i can bring a foamy mattress, a duvet, a variety of eats, and all the spare socks a centipede would need.

I've done my hard yards in hiking 40 kilos over two miles of rutted slush, thankfully 😄

I've run out of upvotes.

12 hours ago, balti-pie said:

its no more than a five minute wander at the very, very most from tent to car so i can bring a foamy mattress, a duvet, a variety of eats, and all the spare socks a centipede would need.

Sounds ace.

Enjoy your comfortable Glasto.*

* - I recall the hard yards you mention. 

For me, a P handle Sack truck is the only answer. I make a 50x40cm board that slots into the bottom so that I can carry bigger items a bit easier - the constant leaning back in the queue caused a few problems but now I can bring a big plastic storage box with my big tent on top for an easy first journey in 

Screwfix link but cheaper options may be available 

I also bring a spare wheel and a bag of split pins in case of failures 

2 minutes ago, BagpussSeesAllThings said:

Do these sort of sack trucks survive well at Glasto? I've never used one before but this looks pretty durable, could be completely wrong though.

spacer.png

You can't pull these ones with the weirdly angled handles - the P handle variant is far more versatile, can be pushed or pulled

My current one has lasted 4 festivals with no issues so yes - pretty hardy

Edited by EavisAintDead
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Guys I found the holy grail of trolleys - Unsure if I posted last year.

But this babys got it all - used at Latitude + Glastonbury. Packs nice and small which is amazing considering. 

CLICK HERE

Seen too many of these with snapped off wheels - the fact they all move independently leaves them at risk of a big hit while facing sideways

3 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

Seen too many of these with snapped off wheels - the fact they all move independently leaves them at risk of a big hit while facing sideways

OK - Mine was fine at 3 seperate festivals across all sorts of terrain. 

Garden Trolley Cart | Free Delivery (theworkplacedepot.co.uk)

I've something along these lines.  Give it an MoT pre-fest every year and pump/check the tyres.  Debuted at 2013 and has been to every fest since with no drama.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Garden Trolley Cart | Free Delivery (theworkplacedepot.co.uk)

I've something along these lines.  Give it an MoT pre-fest every year and pump/check the tyres.  Debuted at 2013 and has been to every fest since with no drama.

Yep they're brilliant just obviously more heavy duty, harder to pack down and transport. 

A simple rule … don’t overladen them . The weight limit on these things will likely be measured on flat terrain , not the ruts of worthy farm . I’d not even think of going near the max weight , I’d probably halve it tbh