Efest member "Workers" meet-up

yehbutnobut

8 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We can double up Skip, T&H and onto Maceos , via the tractor train 

I vaguely remember getting the tractor back from Maceos last year on the Monday night... must have been about 3am... I thought I dreamt it at first. I was just very drunk. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We did, I have no recollection of a whatsapp group - blimey, although it was a year ago and I think I was there .... help me out @dondo

Yes you were there but I think we let you know about it outside of the WhatsApp group I set up

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Bumping this as I'm going to be onsite on Tues so would be bang up for a beer on the Tues evening.

All my friends apart from me will be in the east camper fields so flying solo on the Tues.

I’ll probably be in Maceos on Tuesday - no shift until Thursday so what time do they stay open until on Tuesday?

What's the deal with the crew bars? 

I'm intending on going to site Monday morning, registering / do any bits I need to do then go back off site and come back on Tues.

Is it worth me wondering around on the Monday late morning / early afternoon to the bars and getting bands etc? Or wait until Tues?

An idiots proof guide if possible please!

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'm intending on going to site Monday morning, registering / do any bits I need to do then go back off site and come back on Tues.

Is it worth me wondering around on the Monday late morning / early afternoon to the bars and getting bands etc? Or wait until Tues?

I think you're more likely to pick up bands on Monday evening but I've got them on Tuesday. 

If it's just you, probably won't even need bands most of the time.  If you can get some, you'll be able to get your non crew mates in to the bars. 

Maceo's tend to be a bit strict with giving out the bands
Tow & Hitch a bit more giving 
The Broke Britain give them away easy enough. 

Holy Grail - The Rabbit Hole crew band 

41 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Bumping this as I'm going to be onsite on Tues so would be bang up for a beer on the Tues evening.

All my friends apart from me will be in the east camper fields so flying solo on the Tues.

There's a recycling crew (and others) bar crawl that starts from Tom's Field on the Tuesday night which I'll be on.  Feel free to join.  Started off small in 2019 but was lot bigger last year and good fun

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Late morning / early afternoon on the Monday, you probably won't find many if any open - most of their potential customers will either be hard at work on the build at that point, or not yet arrived and settled. It's more approx 6pm onwards that you'd want to do the rounds.

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2023 at 6:40 PM, Johnnyseven said:

I'll aim to be there if I get a volunteer spot but depends on work commitments though, it'll be good to meet some of you folk if I can get there.

Managed to get an Oxfam spot last night. Not sure if i'll be going down Monday or Tuesday yet but if i'm there Monday i'll be up for a few. What's the advantage of being there Monday, just being able to wander the site and visit the crew bars without GA ticket holders about? Is most of the site open for a wander on the Monday/Tuesday?

3 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Managed to get an Oxfam spot last night. Not sure if i'll be going down Monday or Tuesday yet but if i'm there Monday i'll be up for a few. What's the advantage of being there Monday, just being able to wander the site and visit the crew bars without GA ticket holders about? Is most of the site open for a wander on the Monday/Tuesday?

Yes, the whole site.  Apart from the odd cordoned off area for safety. 

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Are you likely to end up in Maceos?

Most likely will be in Maceosat some point.  As the number on the crawl has grown the organisers generally split people into groups so there's not a shed load of people descending on the one bar.  

Just bumping this thread as seen people getting Oxfam places recently

Plan is to meet at Tow and Hitch on the Monday evening from 7pm

There is a WhatsApp group which was set up for last year which has been resurrected so if people want to DM me their details I can add them 😁

Keeping an eye on the very variable weather forecast, so not sure whether to arrive on monday or tuesday just yet...

I'll be first timer with Recycling Crew, but not via Oxfam - Will you lot stand out like sore/drunken thumbs at the T&H ?  Otherwise I might end up talking to other random strangers/drunks...

On 6/7/2023 at 3:14 PM, dondo said:

Just bumping this thread as seen people getting Oxfam places recently

Plan is to meet at Tow and Hitch on the Monday evening from 7pm

There is a WhatsApp group which was set up for last year which has been resurrected so if people want to DM me their details I can add them 😁

Hi @dondoI'll PM you now... is this an efest workers whatsapp?

Thanks 🙂