Transferring a ticket

Drfoxxx

Hi guys, might sound a bit of a stupid question but worth asking I think. A friend of ours has just found out he can’t go to the festival. If he spoke to Glastonbury do you think he’d be able to transfer the ticket to his cousin who is registered? I know they say non transferrable but seems a waste. Cheers in advance x

1 minute ago, Drfoxxx said:

Hi guys, might sound a bit of a stupid question but worth asking I think. A friend of ours has just found out he can’t go to the festival. If he spoke to Glastonbury do you think he’d be able to transfer the ticket to his cousin who is registered? I know they say non transferrable but seems a waste. Cheers in advance x

Then what’s stopping me transferring mine to my ‘cousin’ for a grand? The answer will always be no I’m afraid. 

no chance.. unfortunately.. or fortunately depending how you look at it.. if they are both male and similar age and look like each other some people have got away with using the ticket. This is not guaranteed and it could be a long journey home if not successful

4 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

can you ?  I am now working so do not need my coach ticket but assumed I could not get a refund?

refunds are available right up to near the end of May - edit first week of May

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/customerservice

Edited by paulshane

14 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

If his cousin looks remotely like him, his cousin would most likely be fine with it

29 minutes ago, Drfoxxx said:

Are we talking same gender, same age, able to pass off a realistic resemblance to the cousin in the photo on the ticket? Cut your hair, wear shades... and most likely you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, paulshane said:

Secret Resale Confirmed 😄

If the last few years are anything to go by, the refunded tickets will most likely be absorbed by the festival for performer / guests and very expensive hospitality tickets, so don't pin your hopes on a secret resale happening.

10 minutes ago, BambooShanks said:

If the last few years are anything to go by, the refunded tickets will most likely be absorbed by the festival for performer / guests and very expensive hospitality tickets, so don't pin your hopes on a secret resale happening.

Exactly this. I was told by a glamping site last year that they may get a couple of expensive camping plus tickets to offer in May. Assumed those would be the returns before the May deadline. 

40 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Are we talking same gender, same age, able to pass off a realistic resemblance to the cousin in the photo on the ticket? Cut your hair, wear shades... and most likely you'll be fine.

Assuming this is 100% legit and the ticket really is going to a similar looking relative then adding one of their cards to Apple Wallet, which you can then show the name and billing address matches the ticket if challenged, would go a long way to allaying any concerns at the gate. 

2 hours ago, t0paz said:

Assuming this is 100% legit and the ticket really is going to a similar looking relative then adding one of their cards to Apple Wallet, which you can then show the name and billing address matches the ticket if challenged, would go a long way to allaying any concerns at the gate. 

That's an amazing idea. It's one level higher on the totem of gate deception!

If I had a cousin within 2-3 years of my age, looked reasonably like me, I'd even probably lend them an ID of sorts for the weekend. Perhaps not a passport or driving licence, but maybe an old credit card, membership cards, enough to fill a wallet and make look authentic, which can then be fanned out, all in the same name etc.