West holts lineup

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, churlie100 said:

Kelis is headlining? Don't think anyone expected that one. Worry that Emily might have taken this missive to not overcrowd the fields a little too far...

EDIT: Actually listened to her single from last year and it's a bop. Maybe that's my Friday headliner sorted after all.

yeah she's got some good songs - I like Acapella

22 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Well pleased to see Gabriels back after missing their Park set last year but catching the ruined one on Lonely Hearts Club. They’re on Friday which is already looking stacked for me.

Might see Barrington Levy and The Hu. Would have seen Kelis during the day but not sure about headlining. Some nice additions there.

Gabriel’s on Friday? 

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Breakfast pints and kedgeree soundtracked by Say She She

Yeah absolutely stoked about this. Perfect first on morning act. 

As a whole it’s certainly a weaker year… 

Kelis being bumped up to headliner after being lined up to sub in 2020 is an odd one and screams that they’ve struggled to fill headliner slots this year. Don’t get me wrong, it’ll be a total party and I might even be there, but not a top choice considering I was half expecting her to be stuck in Silver Hayes or something.

Feel like WH is suffering from former success in that they’ve pretty much already had all the old disco and funk legends headline/play in the past and have run out of acts of that kind to book which has taken away something special. Maybe it’s just a temporary thing and they’ll come back swinging in future years, but the magic of former lineups is missing here for me, even if there are a couple of great acts here I hope to see.

27 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

It does seem likely. Guess I should just resign myself to it now. Most of the acts I'd be excited about are headlining a stage on Friday 😂

Funny, I'm not fussed about any of the heads or subs on Friday so far (bar Hot Chip perhaps), so Manics headlining park would be really nice. Sunday will be clash hell though.

I’m really happy with this, as always I’ll be spending plenty of time at WH during the day.

I’ve several near unmissables, seeing Gabriel’s again, the HU (Just discovered, Mongolian Folk Metal is the sort of crazy thing I love about Glastonbury), BCNR, Sudan Archives, Candi Staton, Third World, and maybe Say She She (I’m seeing them this weekend so I’ll decide). I’ll likely be elsewhere for headliners.

Just now, Punisher said:

Given this is the earliest they’ve announced WH, and shortly after the first poster, is it possible they’ll release most of the stage lineups by balance day in April?

Could be a new strategy for announcing the lineup.

Park headliner? Only conflict is she played in 2019 and hasn’t released an album since then. One is on the way though.