Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

59 minutes ago, elviiin said:

Is this a thing? You'd be pissed off if you bought at full price.

23 minutes ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Not really but early bird discount is a thing so I guess there is something of a precedent?

Yeah not really a thing but if it’s selling really poorly we’ve seen it in festivals such as APE & BST early days. Just don’t know whether to keep holding out or just bite the bullet. They’ve also done discounts on merch as an incentive previously. I just think £110-120 for a day ticket is excessive when festivals like Victorious who arguably have bigger headliners of a different genre are currently offering day tickets at £65. Or are we thinking it’ll sell enough at the price point but just be a quieter year on site? 

41 minutes ago, foolee said:

Yeah not really a thing but if it’s selling really poorly we’ve seen it in festivals such as APE & BST early days. Just don’t know whether to keep holding out or just bite the bullet. They’ve also done discounts on merch as an incentive previously. I just think £110-120 for a day ticket is excessive when festivals like Victorious who arguably have bigger headliners of a different genre are currently offering day tickets at £65. Or are we thinking it’ll sell enough at the price point but just be a quieter year on site? 

Personally I don't think anyone willing to buy a ticket an pay for what they are getting here can moan about ticket prices for anything anywhere else. It is by far the most overpriced day ticket for a festival this year.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, FindTheGhost said:

Are there likely to be further additions to the Line-up or is the current one the final one? 

2023 had 58 acts and currently there is 39 listed on their 2024 poster so they definitely will add more. As for how big the additions are I have a feeling you might have seen most of the big names and the key club "smaller" bands will likely take up the majority of the additions with a few big names to headline each release of names (there was decent talk earlier of tonight alive coming back in some form for slam dunk this year)

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed on the poster that it has the Kerrang logo in the bottom-right. In 2023, that was a big stage.
Have we actually got another major lineup reveal coming at some point instead of bands here and there?

Edited by huh

3 hours ago, huh said:

Just noticed on the poster that it has the Kerrang logo in the bottom-right. In 2023, that was a big stage.
Have we actually got another major lineup reveal coming at some point instead of bands here and there?

Surely we’re due an announcement soon with trees and download announcing this week if there’s anything more to add. Although not sure what else they could add at this point. Very much doubt they’ll be another big stage announced. 

22 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

As that was the final names for this year we're down to 46 acts from 57 last year, I think we're looking at 5 single stages with no left/right stages or end-to-end tent.

If they are dropping the smaller stages they need to up their game next year for the money.

Any recommendations for acts pre 5pm on the current clashfinder would be welcome please! Maybe a if you’re a fan of this band you’ll like these as bar Bob Vylan and The Blackout I barely know any bands pre 5pm. 

Still considering a 2 day ticket still as it works out around 90 a day which whilst still being expensive I’d be able to watch You Me At Six, All American Rejects, I Prevail, Funeral for a Friend, Palaye Royale, LS Dunes, The Blackout & Bob Vylan twice without having to really worry about any clashes. 

8 hours ago, LazyDavid said:

As that was the final names for this year we're down to 46 acts from 57 last year, I think we're looking at 5 single stages with no left/right stages or end-to-end tent.

Mad price increase considering. Wonder if costs have increased to book everything that much or they’re trying to make more profit. After being a really good selling year last year I wonder whether they can afford a quiet year but probably not best to push your luck considering the backlash and bad press last year. Feel like a lot of Slam Dunk clientele may head to Download or Reading/Leeds this year due to the strong pop punk presences. Makes me think they might be trying to push SD into liquidation. Especially with the economy many people can potentially only afford one festival in the summer and when you factor in travel and hotels slam dunk will be similar to Download/R&L prices. 

9 hours ago, northernangel said:

If they are dropping the smaller stages they need to up their game next year for the money.

I'm hoping they're spending a bit more on facilities, planning ahead to reconfigure it a bit etc, including costs going up, definitely need to up their game! 

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Mad price increase considering. Wonder if costs have increased to book everything that much or they’re trying to make more profit. After being a really good selling year last year I wonder whether they can afford a quiet year but probably not best to push your luck considering the backlash and bad press last year. Feel like a lot of Slam Dunk clientele may head to Download or Reading/Leeds this year due to the strong pop punk presences. Makes me think they might be trying to push SD into liquidation. Especially with the economy many people can potentially only afford one festival in the summer and when you factor in travel and hotels slam dunk will be similar to Download/R&L prices. 

Yes the only reason I'd planned for Slam Dunk this year is that I live close, Download is firmly top on my radar this year with potentially the Blink day at R&L (line up depending)!

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Any recommendations for acts pre 5pm on the current clashfinder would be welcome please! Maybe a if you’re a fan of this band you’ll like these as bar Bob Vylan and The Blackout I barely know any bands pre 5pm. 

Still considering a 2 day ticket still as it works out around 90 a day which whilst still being expensive I’d be able to watch You Me At Six, All American Rejects, I Prevail, Funeral for a Friend, Palaye Royale, LS Dunes, The Blackout & Bob Vylan twice without having to really worry about any clashes. 

Check out Arm's Length for something on early! Caskets are decent too, also looking for more recommendations pre-Bob Vylan! 

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, foolee said:

I know what you mean ref. Victorious but the size and quality of the bands down the billing drops dramatically were there is more of a healthy balance across the middle for Slam Dunk.

Edited by huh

• 2 months later...

Splits worked out mostly ok for me, looking like for me:

The Dangerous Summer > Arm's Length > The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus > ??? > Bob Vylan > Mallory Knox > State Champs > ??? > Funeral For A Friend > The Wonder Years > end of You Me At Six

Probably see One Step Closer before Bob Vylan and L.S Dunes before FFAF but will see closer to the time

I got offered the chance to go to this for free the other day and I still passed it up. There’s not even enough on this lineup to justify the beer money for me this year. 

With prices like they have, they need to be offering something bigger and better. 

Edited by Andre91

I didn't get a ticket this year either and have been a consistent attendee over the years.  Just didn't feel worth it.  Looking at the clash finder, my day would be :

Snuff - As December Falls - Mad Caddies - Skints - H2O - Pennywise - Goldfinger - Interrupters (with maybe finding time for AAR or FFAF)

Which is a decent day for me, but I've seen a lot of them over the last few years, so really doesn't justify the increase.  Hoping they have a bad year attendee-wise and learn their lesson.