Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, FloorFiller said:

They sold a branded brick for $30 that sold out in minutes and then was selling for thousands on the resale market. People are idiots when it comes to this kind of stuff, but in terms of marketing, it works.

IMG_2322.jpeg

FFS

I did, out of interest just go and have a look... Ironically, for a skating brand, the only things not sold out are skateboards, trucks and wheels... 🤣 Dunno why, but that just made me laugh, I remember thinking about the last person I saw wearing Supreme "I bet you don't even know what a skateboard looks like." And I figure this now proves my point. 

18 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Didn't know they use this type of marketing... Never had the slightest interest in their products...

So you're telling me that they only do limited releases and their clothes are hard to get?

Wow, in that case, I guess I need a supreme collection **Goes off to buy**

🤣

Go by the Supreme store in London every Wednesday and youll see a queue. The La location uses an online signup so there isnt anymore people camping for the newest products. Used to be people in camping chairs waiting overnight to be first. Maybe we shouldnt tell you about the world of sneaker sales. Youll think theyre dirtier than ticket touts. They all use bots. 

47 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

So then he shouldnt have announced gigs after the festival. Same for Astley and a few others.

Foos made special Churnups shirts for their set. Are you against that too? 

are artists not allowed to earn a living? They have to conform to your version of capitalism?

I suspect between his immensely wealthy family and his hugely successful career that Fred is doing OK in the financial department 

33 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Go by the Supreme store in London every Wednesday and youll see a queue. The La location uses an online signup so there isnt anymore people camping for the newest products. Used to be people in camping chairs waiting overnight to be first. Maybe we shouldnt tell you about the world of sneaker sales. Youll think theyre dirtier than ticket touts. They all use bots. 

Oh I know all about scalpers and trainers… Think that’s bloody stupid too…

Think I’ll keep shopping at Tesco, Primark and Sports Direct… Save my hard earned money for posh toilets and showers at Glasto and other ‘experiences’ throughout the year, that I can’t really afford either… 🙈

Never have given a sh*t what I’m wearing and what people think of it. Not going to start now, I’m still with my 20 year old daughter’s mum, don’t need to impress anybody 🙈😂

But if that’s your thing, and what you wanna spend your own money on, good for you, you do you, life’s too short to not do or have the things you enjoy. 🙂 

I want to know and apologies if I’ve missed this. 

Did we get the record for most people on shoulders at a gig? 

And for the record, with another years worth of material, he will headline the Other next year. You heard it here first. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Franky said:

And for the record, with another years worth of material, he will headline the Other next year. You heard it here first. 

The size of the crowd would’ve been noted, I’m with you, it’s an easy win headliner for other stage 

6 hours ago, El Matador said:

I suspect between his immensely wealthy family and his hugely successful career that Fred is doing OK in the financial department 

Not the point. If he came from a poorer backround you would have said the same thing and thought he was ripping everyone off. Fred needs to play for free now cause he is "rich". Same goes for Taylor. If this why all glasto talent plays for pennies? Cause theyre all immensely rich and have zero need of income or even the people the employ?

Football shirts are pricey to make but £80 OTT. I was considering buying one if they were £60 given the Glasto 2023 stuff on them - and they’ve sold (not just been listed) for £180 on ebay. Mental.

@gfa - who generally seems to make v good points - is right re his scarcity factor. Think his trajectory will be fascinating to watch. If he continues to make genuinely innovative (in the mainstream sense) music then it’s a wee bit unpredictable. He’s a class act live and on record. Tho suspect the haters/backlash are going to ramp up at an increasingly pace.

17 hours ago, Jose Pose said:

Were they not ultra limited edition, sold out within minutes, cost £80 and don’t even ship until September, as of that sale there were only a handful in existence that his crew and a couple of fans had, what bit will people be throwing in the bin? 

There were about 5,000 of them

17 hours ago, Alvoram said:

They're pre order, as in they don't exist yet... Which kind of leans into somebody's point here about using manufactured scarcity to make something more popular... Great marketing.

I mean, how can they be sold out, if they're pre order? The only way is if they're a very limited run...

Why a very limited run if they're not even beginning to be shipped until Sept? To keep that 'scarcity' train running... 

17 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Yeh I know... I'm agreeing with you lol... 

As in pointing out that these are definitely not the ones the crew and family wore, that would otherwise end up in the bin. They are a limited run of the same design that do not begin shipping until Sept.

My little rant was just my annoyance at the fact that rather than give everybody that was there a chance to own one, they've chosen 'marketing' over looking after their fans and restricted the numbers to keep the hype train rolling... 

Preorders are limited all the time - happens with vinyls too e.g. limited amount of xyz version taylor swift vinyl or something that will be shipped in 6 months time.

People wouldn't want them as much if they weren't limited anyway - far fewer people would buy say a £100 triple vinyl with loads of fan stuff in it if it wasn't limited to say 500 units.

16 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I'd bet good money that he will, it will be PHM somewhere... 

I really don't think so - there's clearly nowhere safe other than a main stage now

They also said they aren't doing it again didn't they - not that i hold much to that

8 hours ago, Hags said:

Football shirts are pricey to make but £80 OTT. I was considering buying one if they were £60 given the Glasto 2023 stuff on them - and they’ve sold (not just been listed) for £180 on ebay. Mental.

@gfa - who generally seems to make v good points - is right re his scarcity factor. Think his trajectory will be fascinating to watch. If he continues to make genuinely innovative (in the mainstream sense) music then it’s a wee bit unpredictable. He’s a class act live and on record. Tho suspect the haters/backlash are going to ramp up at an increasingly pace.

Not heard that one before 😂

Haters/backlash is already in full swing, not helped by how minted he is!

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Preorders are limited all the time - happens with vinyls too e.g. limited amount of xyz version taylor swift vinyl or something that will be shipped in 6 months time.

People wouldn't want them as much if they weren't limited anyway - far fewer people would buy say a £100 triple vinyl with loads of fan stuff in it if it wasn't limited to say 500 units.

I really don't think so - there's clearly nowhere safe other than a main stage now

They also said they aren't doing it again didn't they - not that i hold much to that

Yeh, my rant is me in selfish mode, I know why limited runs are a thing, it's clever marketing and it works... From a purely selfish view though, given there were no risks attached for them (wasted stock etc) as it is a pre order job... I would rather they hadn't limited it, would they have sold less? I very much doubt it, given how many of us logged on pretty quickly to buy one to find they were gone already. (without even knowing it was a limited run.) 

Didn't know they'd said they weren't doing it again tbf, so don't know how much weight it carries... I still fully expect Fred to be performing next year on the farm. But we'll just have to wait and see, one of can say 'told ya so' with a really smug grin this time next year. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Not the point. If he came from a poorer backround you would have said the same thing and thought he was ripping everyone off. Fred needs to play for free now cause he is "rich". Same goes for Taylor. If this why all glasto talent plays for pennies? Cause theyre all immensely rich and have zero need of income or even the people the employ?

I think it's poor form to exploit the performance to promote an item of over priced merchandise

41 minutes ago, El Matador said:

I think it's poor form to exploit the performance to promote an item of over priced merchandise

All major artists sell their overpriced merch at the merch stand

this is no different

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 11:46 PM, Franky said:

They missed out on the record by 1 😞

15 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably on saturday since he said a lot of new music was going to be debuted.

saturday is one called adore you that was played at glasto, maybe some others - but i don't think the baby keem one

• 1 month later...