Thread Again

CaledonianGonzo

His show seems tailor made for a stage like Holts in my eyes, but there’s no denying that he’s incredibly popular at the moment and could fill the Other field to a comfortable level if he were given that slot.

Who knows if that would be looked back on as a wise booking or not in the future, but in terms of giving a new act a bit of a bump up the lineup in 2023 I don’t think there’s currently a more obvious choice than him right now. 

3 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

What’s his production like for a stage such as West Holts? Assuming he’s got a little bit to go before he matches Bicep for example?

He'll definitely need something like that on one of the larger stages. He's fairly derivative of Bicep anyway so he may as well half inch their live show too.

• Thanks 1

I can't see him going for something like Bicep.

His currently setup reminds me of a Liam Gallagher's a bit (maybe quite a rogue statement), with the faces on the screens around him - albeit in a far less self-absorbed way.

Not too sure what he will do, i think what he has now works well to be honest, just chuck some extra lights etc in

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So where's his Firestarter / Hey Boy Hey Girl / Open Up / Born Slippy / Chime?

Have you ever listened to him? Big Edm style drops with singalongs is kinda his thing.

But also… maybe the dance crowd has moved on from tunes like that and wants something different?

Bicep’s biggest tune is a slow banger

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Have you ever listened to him? Big Edm style drops with singalongs is kinda his thing.

Yes. I have.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

But also… maybe the dance crowd has moved on from tunes like that and wants something different?

Bicep’s biggest tune is a slow banger

Possibly. But we know exactly Bicep’s status at the G. They're West Holts headliners - possibly Other Headliners one day - and aren't going anywhere near El Pointo.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yes. I have.

Possibly. But we know exactly Bicep’s status at the G. They're West Holts headliners - possibly Other Headliners one day - and aren't going anywhere near El Pointo.

Fred again has leapfrogged Bicep already. 

Fred makes songs ppl can sing along to. Which Bicep don’t.

Edited by Matt42

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Seems the obvious WH dance headliner to me.

Hmm I’m perplexed at the silence around Chase and Status being a possibility for WH. They are back on the road and have played Glasto quite a few times. Thought they’d be very likely and predicted. I think Fred has a bigger audience at the moment.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I’m perplexed at the silence about Chase and Status being a possibility for WH. They are back on the road and have played Glasto quite a few times. Thought they’d be very likely and predicted. I think Fred has a bigger audience at the moment.

Looking at the likelys for this summer we already have a fair few acts who can fit the Other headliner/Pyramid sub bracket - Prodigy, Lizzo, QOTSA, Sam Smith, Pulp, Halsey, Lewis Capaldi…

Not sure there’ll be space for Frederick Once More in amongst that lot.

55 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He'll definitely need something like that on one of the larger stages. He's fairly derivative of Bicep anyway so he may as well half inch their live show too.

Whenever I’ve found myself really enjoying Fred, I’m always thinking ‘this sounds like Bicep’.