2023 line up thread

Guy Incognito

WH Lung have a new single/video out this week apparently, I liked them on Big Top but have really loved them having seen them a couple of times afterwards, don't understand how they're not bigger (personally!). I'd love them as a sneaky Wunderhorse replacement or a late addition somewhere.

(This is just personal, if I could add something to the lineup vibes haha)

Edited by jplewes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jplewes said:

WH Lung have a new single/video out this week apparently, I liked them on Big Top but have really loved them having seen them a couple of times afterwards, don't understand how they're not bigger (personally!). I'd love them as a sneaky Wunderhorse replacement or a late addition somewhere.

(This is just personal, if I could add something to the lineup vibes haha)

Love them, but they feel like a band out of time - if they'd been around in like 07/8/9 they'd be huge

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, robith said:

Who on the line up already do we think will do a late night show? For me MADMADMAD got to be a shoo in right, especially with their criminally early regular slot - reminds me a bit of AKDK a few years ago

They're on early because they're straight off to play Smugglers Festival in Deal later the same day, having been at Manchester Psych the night before. Rather them than me.

The Mary Wallopers are definitely doing an extra set somewhere, aren't they? Either stripped back at the piano stage or drunk late night.

1 hour ago, SweepingTheNation said:

They're on early because they're straight off to play Smugglers Festival in Deal later the same day, having been at Manchester Psych the night before. Rather them than me.

The Mary Wallopers are definitely doing an extra set somewhere, aren't they? Either stripped back at the piano stage or drunk late night.

I've just seen the 2 brothers are doing a country music set as an extra at Electric Picnic so maybe that's a possibility. 

4 hours ago, robith said:

Who on the line up already do we think will do a late night show? 

My guesses:

Folly 

Friday: Say She She, Mary Wallopers

Saturday: Personal Trainer, PVA

Sunday: Geese, Caitlin Rose

piano 

Friday: Sylvie, Cass McCombs, Charlotte Cornfield

Saturday: Samia, Runnner, Anchoress

Sunday: Joan Shelley, Kara Jackson, Charley Crockett

Well I am happy to report that Deerhoof were awesome in Bristol last night, can't wait to see them on the big stage next week. And this morning I'm off to Spain to get a preview of King Gizz, Panda Bear/Sonic Boom, Crack Cloud and Lime Garden at Canela Party (along with EotR alumni such as Oh Sees, Black Midi, Squid and Shame). I'll let you know.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hooskerdoo said:

Well I am happy to report that Deerhoof were awesome in Bristol last night, can't wait to see them on the big stage next week. And this morning I'm off to Spain to get a preview of King Gizz, Panda Bear/Sonic Boom, Crack Cloud and Lime Garden at Canela Party (along with EotR alumni such as Oh Sees, Black Midi, Squid and Shame). I'll let you know.

Enjoy , looks fantastic 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not sure what implications (if any) it has for the 24 lineup but the Electric Picnic 2024 is on two weeks earlier now, 16th August. 

Did they see the absolute horrorshow of weather last week and think "damn wouldn't it be great to put a festival on during that?" 😃

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Not sure what implications (if any) it has for the 24 lineup but the Electric Picnic 2024 is on two weeks earlier now, 16th August. 

I don't think it would really, there's still plenty of other European festivals in the same weekend or the one before as EOTR. The date for next year's Supersonic would probably have more of an effect.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

On 8/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, robith said:

Love them, but they feel like a band out of time - if they'd been around in like 07/8/9 they'd be huge

They've teased a date for which tkts will be available tomorrow in an 'intimate' venue, so going to cling to the hope they might still pitch up for a late dropout!

Convinced myself the ??? will be The Walkmen. They played Eotr before and are currently on a 10 year comeback tour of the UK, playing London the week of the festival with no dates that weekend. 

They were originally UK festival exclusives for Green Man, but were added to the All Points East lineup where most of the new Eotr additions can also be found. They are the right size for the slot, and the Green Man billing explains the contractual reason to not announce it sooner! 

Am I right??

Probably not

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Edbendo said:

Convinced myself the ??? will be The Walkmen. They played Eotr before and are currently on a 10 year comeback tour of the UK, playing London the week of the festival with no dates that weekend. 

They were originally UK festival exclusives for Green Man, but were added to the All Points East lineup where most of the new Eotr additions can also be found. They are the right size for the slot, and the Green Man billing explains the contractual reason to not announce it sooner! 

Am I right??

Probably not

it is the likeliest answer imo

It's a weird line up this year isn't it? I don't think you can really deny it's a bit light on established names...and yet work your way through the clashfinder and there's barely an hour when you haven't got a tough choice between a couple of absolutely great sounding bands. If the weather plays ball and some of the upncomers really rise to the occasion I think this could end up being a vintage year.

I wonder if there'll be noticeably less people on site...with all the tickets still available on twickets...

Really buzzing for it now 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, domjon said:

It's a weird line up this year isn't it? I don't think you can really deny it's a bit light on established names...and yet work your way through the clashfinder and there's barely an hour when you haven't got a tough choice between a couple of absolutely great sounding bands. If the weather plays ball and some of the upncomers really rise to the occasion I think this could end up being a vintage year.

I wonder if there'll be noticeably less people on site...with all the tickets still available on twickets...

Really buzzing for it now 

There's admittedly far more on resale sites this year than last, but last year there were a good 200 odd tickets on twickets when the resale closed and I thought it might feel empty, but there was no difference in all honesty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robith said:

it is the likeliest answer imo

If it's the Walkmen, in a way it'll be slightly disappointing since everyone expects it to be the Walkmen and it won't feel like a rabbit's been pulled out of a hat, whereas if EOTR come up with something monumentally left-wing and unexpected then we can all go Whooooh, didn't see that one coming!

10 hours ago, Edbendo said:

Am I right??

Probably not

I went to see them on Sunday in case they're not ??? So, they probably are.