Campervan Queues

Meself

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

I recall people last year posting photos of themselves queuing and it hadn't even reached 9pm on Tuesday evening. 

Very true, i arrived at 1200 and had a few beers so wasn't sure what time it was when we pootled down to have a look but id say about 30-40 people leaning against the fence for the night and it was still daylight.  Admire that kind of commitment TBH 

On 1/24/2023 at 8:27 PM, Jose Pose said:

Think there were even pictures of some lads doing the rounds queuing from around midday Tuesday? 

Yeah i guess they might have, lift in with a mate in a van and then at the front of the queue. I will make an effort to go down towards the gate a few times this year to feedback for 2024 info.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:39 AM, Lycra said:

I recall people last year posting photos of themselves queuing and it hadn't even reached 9pm on Tuesday evening. 

Gate C queue starting to form at 18:15 Tuesday5D4F3054-56E0-4615-80F9-AE11D9C0BD42.thumb.jpeg.176cbbe9e56a0ce16660f79d6f8d4ada.jpeg

Gate B queue at 04:30 Wednesday84801ACD-B7D6-4562-9068-28C0FB19DC57.thumb.jpeg.67b2a5f0c64e0071ed119a29790c53d8.jpeg

On 1/28/2023 at 12:49 PM, stuie said:

Gate C queue starting to form at 18:15 Tuesday5D4F3054-56E0-4615-80F9-AE11D9C0BD42.thumb.jpeg.176cbbe9e56a0ce16660f79d6f8d4ada.jpeg

Gate B queue at 04:30 Wednesday84801ACD-B7D6-4562-9068-28C0FB19DC57.thumb.jpeg.67b2a5f0c64e0071ed119a29790c53d8.jpeg

That is exactly what Gate C was like at 05:30 on the Wednesday morning when i joined, so expect it was like it through the night as well. Got to admire their commitment 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Can anyone tell me what the daily re-entry queues are like at PGC please? This will be the first year I stay off site and I hadn't thought about it at all until just now. 

Up to an hour at busy times going both in and out, 20 minutes when it's quieter. It's best to take everything you need for the day and evening to avoid queuing twice!

On 2/11/2023 at 10:28 AM, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

Can anyone tell me what the daily re-entry queues are like at PGC please? This will be the first year I stay off site and I hadn't thought about it at all until just now. 

If you only tend to go in for the first act of the day it can be a bit busier but we tend to get in a good bit before hand and always go right through. 

It was my first time in the east campervan field last year, I've previously stayed in the west campervan field, which doesn't exist anymore unfortunately.  I queued for over an hour to get back in through gate C most days, a few people I chatted to in the queues said it's not normally that bad.. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

I'm developing a small amount of anxiety about keeping my ticket/pass out safe. This will be the first time I need to do this (staying at Love Fields) and paranoid about losing it. Does anyone put it in the lock ups or just keep it on you? 

I keep it with me in a sealable lanyard pass holder, I also have a small torch attached to the lanyard for use in the loos. 

5 hours ago, BlueJeansAndWhiteTshirts said:

I'm developing a small amount of anxiety about keeping my ticket/pass out safe. This will be the first time I need to do this (staying at Love Fields) and paranoid about losing it. Does anyone put it in the lock ups or just keep it on you? 

as a tip take photos of your and your groups tickets and share... My daughters BF lost his (we are in CVE) and spent the best part of 2 hours being questioned in the Security Hut on the HoD... I have taken pics since then 

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

as a tip take photos of your and your groups tickets and share... My daughters BF lost his (we are in CVE) and spent the best part of 2 hours being questioned in the Security Hut on the HoD... I have taken pics since then 

Photo of ticket is a Great easy backup as long as you don't also lose your phone.i lost my mind one yeah but kept hold of my ticket. Thank gawd.

18 hours ago, Neil said:

Photo of ticket is a Great easy backup as long as you don't also lose your phone.i lost my mind one yeah but kept hold of my ticket. Thank gawd.

18 hours ago, Neil said:

Good advice. Thanks both

1 hour ago, irnkrtn said:

What time do the campervan gates open on the Tuesday? We are going to travel down nice and early to take our time on the pootle to site, but we would be keen to get as close to gate C as possible. Officially it's midday right?

It can be around 8 am, however if you arrive and it isn't open there is no option to queue or park up as this isn't allowed. You will be moved on. Watch this forum for a heads up that they are open.

Closeness to gate C is dependent on which campervan pass you have. All the quiet ones are fairly near, the normal ones can be a bit of a hike! 

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

It can be around 8 am, however if you arrive and it isn't open there is no option to queue or park up as this isn't allowed. You will be moved on. Watch this forum for a heads up that they are open.

Closeness to gate C is dependent on which campervan pass you have. All the quiet ones are fairly near, the normal ones can be a bit of a hike! 

Thank you that's super useful. I messed that one up as well because quiet would have suited us perfectly I just didn't pay enough attention before buying! I'm quite relaxed about the journey down AND i'm the driver so they'll have to go at my pace. One of our group has already suggested skipping Gloucester Services to get on site quicker, which might lead to excommunication from the convoy!!!

This might be covered elsewhere but I can't find anything on the search - once you're in the CV fields on the Tuesday are you allowed to exit on foot and pop to the town?

A few people I am with are keen for a civilised drink/meal on that evening, but as we won't be able to get Wristbands until the Wednesday I'm pretty sure they won't let you leave and walk along Blue Route and back.

4 hours ago, mungo57 said:

This might be covered elsewhere but I can't find anything on the search - once you're in the CV fields on the Tuesday are you allowed to exit on foot and pop to the town?

A few people I am with are keen for a civilised drink/meal on that evening, but as we won't be able to get Wristbands until the Wednesday I'm pretty sure they won't let you leave and walk along Blue Route and back.

I wouldn't recommend it, Pylle lane doesn't have any footpaths or street lights. Shepton Mallet is the closest town, almost 5 miles away. Take a BBQ and some beers and have an uncivilised night with the rest of us! 😂

• Like 1