The 2023 food stall thread!

Franky

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

Harry Krishna tent for you then? 

Where was that last year btw, seems to have floated about a bit over the last few years.  Last place I remember it was near BBC Introducing, I think

I used to use The Krishna tent, but not for maybe a couple of decades, no need I get fed as crew. 

Just now, p.pete said:

That sucks.  Is there much choice?

Saturday (pre festival) until Wednesday - no choice at all

Thursday until Sunday - one meal ticket per day usable at a wide range of stalls, so loads of choice. Rest of meals I cook/prep in my van.

May buy the odd snack or coffee out and about.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2022 at 10:42 AM, eatingglitter said:

I’m excited for Taste of Tibet Momos! Had them at victorious a few years ago and they were amazing. Unfortunately they didn’t return as the organisers wanted a cut of all the food stall revenues. The fact they are almost always at glasto makes me super happy though!

Is this the same place as the Tibetan Kitchen?

If so they were in a new location this year to the RHS of the Other Stage.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Might have to start a skippy thread for discussion about things he does like 😂

He's done it a few times when talking about bands or headliners.  I noticed it cos several of them I also enjoyed - but he obviously wouldn't want to be a populist 😉

4 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

https://tastetibet.com/events/

These guys. So, so good. I'll be staking them out immediately, lol

Any chance that these guys were in the Green Futures field a few years ago, just by where the tunnel pops out from Greenfields?  They had a shaded / gazebo type seating area set up opposite their stall.  I think they gave me a free salad and a pot of tea, and were interested in sharing information about Tibet and getting signatures of support.  Possibly more of a charitable outreach team than a full-on food stall, so maybe not these guys at all!

11 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Several places open from Monday onwards. Discounts on some for workers

Our crew cook communally in our own field kitchen up until the Wednesday, cost is paid for by Green Traffic. It proved to be easier that way as we couldn't always get enough meal tickets.

36 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Any chance that these guys were in the Green Futures field a few years ago, just by where the tunnel pops out from Greenfields?  They had a shaded / gazebo type seating area set up opposite their stall.  I think they gave me a free salad and a pot of tea, and were interested in sharing information about Tibet and getting signatures of support.  Possibly more of a charitable outreach team than a full-on food stall, so maybe not these guys at all!

I don't think it was them. It's going back quite a few years now but I'm reasonably confident that the place you mention was a small scale campaign group with very pleasant tactics. Don't think I've noticed them for ~10 years or so though.

3 hours ago, gazzared said:

This year I couldnt find fish finger heaven so not sure if they were there , my mate got me onto them in 2016 and they were really nice. on twitter is says they were at deershed so maybe they dont do glasto anymore ?

I had a banging fish finger and cheese ciabatta from a stall by Glebeland but don’t recall the name.