Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

45 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Snap their hands off!!! It is insane to think that you can pay that for a hotel / B&B and others pay more for a tent in a field!!!

Yes, but that field is a worthy farm field 😊. Anyway after three hours of intense discussion and soul searching we’ve decided to confirm the booking so no worthy view for us next year.

I will miss the worthy view duck egg omelettes , that touch of culinary sophistication .

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Yeah there were a handful of catering options, maybe somewhere between four and six at a guess and they're a minute or so from the flushing loos and showers. I did ever buy tea or a bite to eat, but often carried on walking to the site for other choices - you also pass the co op on one of the common routes. 

Yeah I'd have said about 5 or 6 food stalls. The bakery was very good and gave very generous discounts to crew which may or may not have made it taste even better.

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Aye think those prices confirm it’s not for me.

It’s only shower I really care about - are the only options WV, Stinklinch, Lost Horrizons, Green Peace and Kidsfield?

There’s no like 100 quid post toilets shower option I can stump up for?

This is to the only one I know of https://zootopia.uk/accommodation/  I won a pass in 2017 but it was so far away from the festival I never got to see what they offered! 

31 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

This is to the only one I know of https://zootopia.uk/accommodation/  I won a pass in 2017 but it was so far away from the festival I never got to see what they offered! 

Their 250 quid pamper option makes the 400 quid for showers, flushing loos plus a 2 person tent seem better value 😉 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

Which of the two person options did you think were more than 850? 

I am fairly sure you've jumped to the conclusion that I was referring to official camping when I wasn't actually talking about SL or WV... I stayed at SL last year and would have happily stayed there again... But here goes, how about these...

camp2.thumb.jpg.666a6c330297a0dfb8e09c5a89f373d9.jpg

camp1.thumb.jpg.f17a2e964b94d910651a7f0ccb9689d4.jpg

camp3.thumb.jpg.9b3aeff37007f0ab427343f9640d2818.jpg

Or... How about my personal favourite... 

The 'if you have to ask, it's too expensive, so we don't put the prices on our site' option...

camp4.jpg.5b59ca214eaf3f46e665e2d6c1be7ab8.jpg

Tents in a field, for more than he paid for his B&B... Considerably more!!!

5 hours ago, Alvoram said:

If anyone scooped the Euromillions last night, there are more expensive options too! 😬

https://www.thepopuphotel.com/book/

you do get access to a swimming pool though! 

EF8D10C1-EA2F-438E-9494-2124CDB6BCA9.png

17 hours ago, WhatADin said:

We've ended up getting a pitch at https://ashcombepark.com/. Think we've paid an extra £30 but there's no gamble of getting a spot, it's secured and I don't have to think about it, and no hill of death. LOL

Have you stayed here before? Whereabouts is it located in relation to the festival? It seems a no brainer compared to CV East for only £30 more if it’s a bit closer, and it’s got showers? I guess there is also no need to access on the Tuesday?

18 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Have you stayed here before? Whereabouts is it located in relation to the festival? It seems a no brainer compared to CV East for only £30 more if it’s a bit closer, and it’s got showers? I guess there is also no need to access on the Tuesday?

I actually booked it based on a thread on here. There's a map and stuff. Basically it's by.. the orange car park. I think a few quid for a shower and flushing loos. The general concensus seems to be 10/15 walk on a dry day.

19 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

About 1km to gate D. I was going to stay they're this year but stayed in bath west shitground instead 😭 I'd definitely prefer to stay in aschombe car park

IMG-20220404-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220404-WA0006.jpg

48 minutes ago, WhatADin said:

I actually booked it based on a thread on here. There's a map and stuff. Basically it's by.. the orange car park. I think a few quid for a shower and flushing loos. The general concensus seems to be 10/15 walk on a dry day.

Thanks for your help, I’ll check that thread out.

8 hours ago, Alvoram said:

I am fairly sure you've jumped to the conclusion that I was referring to official camping when I wasn't actually talking about SL or WV... I stayed at SL last year and would have happily stayed there again... But here goes, how about these...

camp2.thumb.jpg.666a6c330297a0dfb8e09c5a89f373d9.jpg

camp1.thumb.jpg.f17a2e964b94d910651a7f0ccb9689d4.jpg

camp3.thumb.jpg.9b3aeff37007f0ab427343f9640d2818.jpg

Or... How about my personal favourite... 

The 'if you have to ask, it's too expensive, so we don't put the prices on our site' option...

camp4.jpg.5b59ca214eaf3f46e665e2d6c1be7ab8.jpg

Tbh I thought this whole thread was about the 1st December sale and prices, though clearly it's a lot broader today. 

30 minutes ago, Al2006 said:

Are you able to add on a double airbed to any of these? And if so does anyone know how much?

think I’ll end up in tangerine fields again as it’s cheaper.. £330+£30 with blow up bed vs 400 here without

Podpad, bunkpad and octopad are (i think) the three options which include beds, it's mentioned in the link below. I stayed in a bunkpad and they were comfy enough. I coached and am lazy so desperately wanted to avoid surplus weight. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Fingers crossed. Really don’t fancy lumping my camping equipment on the coach 😬

After 3 years miserable waiting some magical people in the resale group helped me secure a ticket.

I managed to get sticklinch in the accommodation resale with comparative ease. Full disclosure - I initially plumped for what I could get (some like scout were more available than others). I then tediously monitored the page until my preferred one came up (as it was rarer they came back on sale) and booked that as well. They were kind enough to update my booking minus a nominal sum of course. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I think 2p scout tents are not hard to get. But the time of the sale makes things trickier... Personally I can't refresh for half an hour at that time . It's probably on purpose so that the weight on servers is lighter and it is for a lot lunchtime but I'd have preferred a bit of peace of mind with a time for coach travelers.

14 hours ago, clarkete said:

Which of the two person options did you think were more than 850? 

The 850 price is for 7 nights , two people, with free parking and full breakfast. A two person scout is 400 plus parking plus cost of breakfast and for only five nights. We would then have had added a few nights in the town as well.  Seems transport to festival isn’t too much of a problem, shuttle bus from town or even a shared cab with other B and B residents.  But I’ll still miss the festival camping😞

Edited by Ayrshire Chris