Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

She’s too big for such a festival, and pretty sure Strokes / FATM / Arcade Fire are our 3 main headliners.

Simz to Paredes de Coura in mid-August. Does not seem to play any Spanish festival yet unless I’m missing one. She would be a wonderful addition.

Edited by VCF

5 minutes ago, VCF said:

She’s too big for such a festival, and pretty sure Strokes / FATM / Arcade Fire are our 3 main headliners.

I think the headliners are the most logical reason. The fact that she is too big... you can always make a lowcost day.

Still, kinda strange if she didn't play Portugal and Spain this summer.

Edited by joaommaia
Mistake.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

March tomorrow and we still only have 14 names in total. 

In your own time, guys!

Its still over 6 months away and we've already got a solid set of acts announced! Many a festival don't announce anything until around 6 months or less, so this is nothing out of the ordinary.

Saying that, i am fully ready for the next lineup drop. Few friends on the fence but i feel a few extra solid bookings and this'll be booked in no time.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Jamoriquai, Phoenix, Boy Genius, LCD - any of them would do nicely

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

If it’s so obvious that they’ve got bands as Yeah, yeah, yeahs or Moderat as we have been assuming for months why not announce them and valm the masses? I dont really get it…

Completely agree with you.

They obviously have more names in their pocket and crucially they are a new festival in the market that needs to sell tickets and there is enormous competition for people’s time in August.

What’s the downside of announcing more names?!

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Completely agree with you.

They obviously have more names in their pocket and crucially they are a new festival in the market that needs to sell tickets and there is enormous competition for people’s time in August.

What’s the downside of announcing more names?!

i dont know...maybe contracts, maybe clauses...you complain when Mad Cool announce stuff earlier than they should.....

is there an August festival that has the whole lineup announced yet? Rock En Siene hasnt, Pukkelpop hasnt...

Just now, pryce said:

i dont know...maybe contracts, maybe clauses...you complain when Mad Cool announce stuff earlier than they should.....

is there an August festival that has the whole lineup announced yet? Rock En Siene hasnt, Pukkelpop hasnt...

Wonderful strawman, bravo!

I didn’t say they should release the whole lineup (and incidentally End of the Road the same weekend as CM pretty much has with 85 names announced) but some more names.

And by highlighting RES and PP you’ve only argued the case for me.

Both have already announced twice the number of names…

Green Man and Reading have announced full lineups more or less for August.

And Pukkelpop has now added these names (potential for overlap?) so now have three times as many as Cala Mijas. 

Tom Odell
Ben Böhmer
Jessie Ware
Aitch
Giant Rooks
Dylan
Luude
VTSS
Knocked Loose
Muna
Altin Gün

TV Girl
2ManyDJs

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Green Man and Reading have announced full lineups more or less for August.

And Pukkelpop has now added these names (potential for overlap?) so now have three times as many as Cala Mijas. 

Tom Odell
Ben Böhmer
Jessie Ware
Aitch
Giant Rooks
Dylan
Luude
VTSS
Knocked Loose
Muna
Altin Gün

TV Girl
2ManyDJs

Great, so providing Cala Mijas announce's something in the next week or so they'll all be at similar stages in relation to the gap between announcements and the festival starting.

Would much rather wait a little longer and get a few extra surprises than some of the sub-par lineups around this summer. 

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Great, so providing Cala Mijas announce's something in the next week or so they'll all be at similar stages in relation to the gap between announcements and the festival starting.

Would much rather wait a little longer and get a few extra surprises than some of the sub-par lineups around this summer. 

Yesterday's Instagram post says stay tuned for more news, so really expecting something today or tomorrow 

Just now, Sarahw2 said:

Yesterday's Instagram post says stay tuned for more news, so really expecting something today or tomorrow 

Yeah don't think it'll be long now, last year they had a second poster drop on the 2nd March (i think that was the date) so assuming nothings changed we should have one soon 🙂 

27 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Yeah don't think it'll be long now, last year they had a second poster drop on the 2nd March (i think that was the date) so assuming nothings changed we should have one soon 🙂 

Last year when they did this March, they had made two previous name announcements.

This year there’s only been one.

26 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

They just completed the line up for BBK. Heading to see young fathers tonight and buzzing to see they are on the poster. Would love to see them added to la cala also. Up there in the top 5 live bands for me 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Last year when they did this March, they had made two previous name announcements.

This year there’s only been one.

Ahh i didnt realise that, hopefully means this next drop will be a big one then

13 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

They just completed the line up for BBK. Heading to see young fathers tonight and buzzing to see they are on the poster. Would love to see them added to la cala also. Up there in the top 5 live bands for me 

Wow, just seen the final poster now. Was extremely underwhelmed by their first announcement but its shaped up to be one hell of a lineup! Yeah Young Fathers would be great, their latest album is AOTY for me so far. Enjoy the gig tonight!

• Like 1

New Order were announced for Primavera today. They would be a great addition and in line with the line up last year 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:44 AM, TheFullShaboo said: