Cala Mijas 2023

gfa

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Still keeping an eye on whether the Strokes announce anymore EU dates before booking.

For those that went this year, how does it compare to other EU festivals? I've attended NOS, Mad Cool, Primavera and FIB / Benicassim before, and feel this is likely to be most similar to FIB, in terms of attendees, setup, facilities? Also, private accommodation for it seems to be way cheaper than any of the others i've attended? Anyone else noticed this?

Looking forward to the next additions to the lineup, last year they added both Liam Gallagher and Chemical brothers following the first drop, so another two high calibre names and it'll be up there as one of the best lineups this summer im sure!

I've been to Mad Cool and FIB. Its a similar vibe to FIB but on a larger scale and better surroundings. 2 main stages, a smaller stage and a good sized dance area. Attendees quite a mixed well behaved crowd.

Accommodation in the area is very reasonable this year and last year. 

After been the first year its not a festival I think I'd ever miss if the line up is even half decent. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sarahw2 said:

I've been to Mad Cool and FIB. Its a similar vibe to FIB but on a larger scale and better surroundings. 2 main stages, a smaller stage and a good sized dance area. Attendees quite a mixed well behaved crowd.

Accommodation in the area is very reasonable this year and last year. 

After been the first year its not a festival I think I'd ever miss if the line up is even half decent. 

Thanks for the response!

Is it possible to get the festival from La Cala de Mijas on foot? Seen there's a few good accommodation options there, so be ideal if we didnt have to rely upon taxis / shuttle buses to get back and too.

Is there much going on in the town during the day? One of my favourite things at Beni was being able to wonder into the town during the day and having a few drinks and some food away from the campsite, so would love something similar! 

11 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Thanks for the response!

Is it possible to get the festival from La Cala de Mijas on foot? Seen there's a few good accommodation options there, so be ideal if we didnt have to rely upon taxis / shuttle buses to get back and too.

Is there much going on in the town during the day? One of my favourite things at Beni was being able to wonder into the town during the day and having a few drinks and some food away from the campsite, so would love something similar! 

Yes it's possible to get there on foot. But taxis are not scarce like in FIB.

I think I've mentioned here before we stated in Los Amigos Beach club apartments with supermarket on site, swimming pools, restaurant and pool bar. 8 minutes in a taxi to the festival gates and cost 11 euro. Can't recommend enough. The front desk called a taxi for us and never waited more than a few minutes. 

Lots going on in the day in La cala, the festival actually put on free gigs in the town during the day. 

Edited by Sarahw2

Might try this one this year as I’d like to finally see The Strokes, while Arcade Fire are a favourite and the early line up seems decent enough.

Bilbao BBK was a great experience last year but this year’s line up doesn’t appeal to me that much... and the sound wasn’t good.

We’ll see in the coming weeks!

Edited by VCF

5 minutes ago, VCF said:

Might try this one this year as I’d like to finally see The Strokes, while Arcade Fire are a favourite and the early line up seems decent enough.

Bilbao BBK was a great experience last year but this year’s line up doesn’t appeal to me that much... and the sound wasn’t good.

We’ll see in the coming weeks!

If you liked BBK you will love La Cala. Very similar but La Cala location tops it

Can somebody provide some more intel about the location and how to reach it? It looks a little far from Malaga and as far as I saw, Booking already run out of options and I'd like not to camp (ah, my poor back...).

Do I need a car or is the public transportation efficient? How is the taxi situation and what is a likely expense for it per route?

It’s seems that Last Tour International are following a strategy of doble contract for artist between BBK Live and Cala Mijas (Florence, The Blaze… this year, or Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers, Royksopp, Love of Lesbian… the year before). I would love to share M83 and Phoenix with BBK for this edition too…

11 minutes ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

It’s seems that Last Tour International are following a strategy of doble contract for artist between BBK Live and Cala Mijas (Florence, The Blaze… this year, or Arctic Monkeys, Chemical Brothers, Royksopp, Love of Lesbian… the year before). I would love to share M83 and Phoenix with BBK for this edition too…

I was thinking the same. Really hoping to see LCD Sound System. There has to be an announcement any day now 🤞

2 hours ago, Yelo, the Parmiggiana said:

Can somebody provide some more intel about the location and how to reach it? It looks a little far from Malaga and as far as I saw, Booking already run out of options and I'd like not to camp (ah, my poor back...).

Do I need a car or is the public transportation efficient? How is the taxi situation and what is a likely expense for it per route?

You need to go to Malaga, then you can pick a bus or train to Fuengirola, and from there, you can takea bus to Cala Mijas. It's not terrible you know, easy to get. That bus stop is about 15 minutes walking from the festival venue (and wristband exchange) and the bus stop to take the bus to the camping, (15 minutes). 

The waiting times for the buses are aceptable, not great, not terrible. Day 0 was awful, but they were improving their services day by day. 

If you have more specific questions just ask. I cannot tell you about taxis because I didn't take any. 

Camping is Ok, not a proper camping, and it's a oven from 09:00 AM (as almost every festival camping, to be fair), but, you can take a inflatable matress and your back would be ok. 

Edited by davidoffescassi

1 hour ago, Daniel Comino Royuela said:

In another spanish forum someone said that Moderat in sign in for this. Hope so…

This could very well be true with the double bookings between BBK and Cala Mijaes. I hope it is as might see LCD Sound System after all ... There has to be announcement this week 🙈 the second wave of acts were announced in December for last year's festival and BBK have already made the second one before Christmas.