MEO Kalorama 2023

Daniel Ferreira

2 hours ago, young_contra said:

Blur? Too big? 

this festival has a lot of potential!  firstly it works together with cala mijas , secondly it is in the biggest place in Portugal to host festivals is the same place where rock in rio takes place , thirdly MEO is a strong sponsor of telecommunications in Portugal , fourthly the booker of the festival is former NOS Alive booker, worked at NOS Alive from 2007 to 2019, the festival was held for the first time in 2022 and has a lot of potential to be one of the biggest in Portugal.

blur are possible if they are on tour in august

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, young_contra said:

Blur? Too big? 

Seem to be doing late summer but definitely if they are still about. If they can get AM they can do Blur - that French fest Blur are doing is a similar size to kalorama i'd say

13 hours ago, young_contra said:

Blur? Too big? 

I'd have thought the timing they're around favours NOS Alive more, but of course with Normandy and Wembley booked in the week, it makes that logistically tricky bordering on impossible.

Depends as much on whether they're extending the tour that far into the summer after these two shows in early July.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Seem to be doing late summer but definitely if they are still about. If they can get AM they can do Blur - that French fest Blur are doing is a similar size to kalorama i'd say

Kalorama has capacity for 40,000 people ... but the venue has a capacity for 90,000 people.

6 hours ago, charlierc said:

What was the crossover between Cala Mijas and Kaorama in 2022? Feel like the two shared most of the bill, if not quite all (for instance, I seem to recall Liam Gallagher did CM but was already in Lisbon for Rock in Rio before Muse/National).

All Cala Mijas headliners besides Liam Gallagher were at Kalorama.  Their replacement were Disclosure.