Stadium Ticket Pricing

stanh

Given U2 just announced an additional seven concerts as part of this Las Vegas run to go with the five already announced, the demand is clearly there. Maybe the nature of the beast is that even though these prices are insane, people are still willing to fork out for them.

Edited by charlierc

On 4/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, charlierc said:

Given U2 just announced an additional seven concerts as part of this Las Vegas run to go with the five already announced, the demand is clearly there. Maybe the nature of the beast is that even though these prices are insane, people are still willing to fork out for them.

They have a contract for a certain amount of shows. Theyre just slowly rolling them out. And who doesnt want to go to the Sphere to see the concert. Never be surprised at a vegas residency adding more dates due to demand. They already know how many people want tickets. Thats the point of verified fan, just data collecting and seeing how many shows you could add and all that in the future for a tour or on a tour.

year end numbers for touring. BTS did what they did because they have viewing partys and also PPV streams. So they sold an extra million+ "tickets" just to watch it either in an arena or online at home.

• 1 month later...

Mid Year Box Office numbers have ce in. This is Nov 1 2022 - April 30th 2023. Beyonce, Taylor and Coachella are missing though. The 2 solo artists will have their numbers be public by the end of the year though. Elton is going to finish his run this month and end up with the highest grossing tour ever at over $900 million btw.

IMG_5616.webp

IMG_5615.webp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How it started:

On 12/13/2022 at 2:45 PM, Drinky said:

This is the pricing for Robbie Williams’ show at Luxexpo Open Air next July… (which is not even a stadium but a temporary stage in a convention centre car park). Mad.

image.thumb.jpeg.d60297c2aeddf2cdb3b61df7880ac549.jpeg

(for reference Arctic Monkeys are playing the week before and tickets are €73.50)

How it’s going:

When they said, 'come to Luxembourg, we've got a HUGE show for you', I thought, yes, that sounds lovely... where will this show be? In a grand amphitheater? Across a green grassy green vista? In front of a huge and beautiful palace? No! It's in a f**king car park!" he says, acknowledging the unorthodox locale

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Suprefan said:

$780 mil  gross for Taylor. $305 for her which translates to just over $5 mil a night.

That’s gross alright. 

Goes to show her tickets could be a lot cheaper but she’s all about the cash. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

That’s gross alright. 

Even grosser is that suprefan will reply within a few hours praising her and shagging capitalism

20 hours ago, stuie said:

That’s gross alright. 

you speak the truth.
and probably upwards of 5-10% of those poor cun*s paying all that money are in seats behind the stage watching it on a screen in the vague hope she'll appear on the walkway at some time.

sorry state of affairs, like.

On 10/16/2023 at 4:11 AM, stuie said:

That’s gross alright. 

The funny thing is that no tickets were dynamically priced, or, had the chance to be. So this mightve been double the gross if it had been allowed. I would be more curious to have seen the resale market for this leg and how much came on that front. Look at Beyonce's figures, those include dynamic and platinum prices. Ed sheeran had none either.  

And lets not even bring up the $50 mil in bonuses she gave away. Theres a high chance a tax loophole was exploited when it came to that.

Edited by Suprefan

The weirdest thing about that run for The Weeknd is just how little cultural footprint it seems to have left in its wake.

Like, plenty of the other biggest runs in history seem to have had something of a moment about them - U2's 360 run, Elton John's Farewell Yellow Brick Road, even Coldplay's Music of the Spheres jaunt. 

Then obviously, there's The Eras Tour, which should overhaul old Reg for the highest grossing run in history before the year is up, and may well remain unbeaten. (Taylor Swift should catch the adjusted inflation tally set by U2 too, for that matter, with ease.)

But yeah. After Hours Til Dawn just kind of seems to have hoovered up excellent sales with very little in the way of impact.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Neville Street said:

285 pounds for the Eagles Manchester gigs in presale.

Think it’s going to be a tribute band or Greatest Hits on full volume in the car. That is next level pricing!!

Absolute state of it

£200 for the central upper tier.

Yeah no thanks I'll just stay at home and do both days of Baltic Weekender.

1 hour ago, Neville Street said:

285 pounds for the Eagles Manchester gigs in presale.

Think it’s going to be a tribute band or Greatest Hits on full volume in the car. That is next level pricing!!

Couldn't believe it mate.... I know its the last time you'll see them but wow... gutted as well, would have loved to go but I can't justify that sort of price. Problem is, it will sell out so the price is justified.

What everyone else has said goes for me.

I saw it coming and was excited. Eagles are on my bucket list, being of a certain age, and having Steely Dan on the bill would make it amazing. I know they've both lost members, but we take what we can get.

Looked on setlist and both bands setlists were amazing, not a song I didn't know and at least like, if not love.

But F*ck me! Nosebleed seats at 200quid and I'm out. I had access through the co-op presale yesterday and spent most of the time up until this morning agonizing about it. I really really wanted to go, and am fairly sure that this will be my last chance. Ultimately though the experience on offer for 200quid is to be in the room with a distant view. 300quid to be close enough for my taste and it's just too much.

Goes to show what an absolute bargain Glastonbury still is.