Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

6 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hold on, is someone going to explain? Is this Prodigy aren't playing statement a cross-site wind-up or does someone have genuine information to back it up? 

Just with so many acts in the mix it's hard to see them being there 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I like the Chems but there is absolutely no need to have them back headlining the Other yet again, especially only two festivals since they last did. It would be a phenomenally lazy and uninspired booking when there are so many other options.

I do find the irony of certain posters moaning about the Pyramid headliners being "stale, uninspiring and past it" whilst simultaneously called for yet another Chems set amusing...

album won't even be out

no doubt will be there in 2024

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

we are on the same fucking page

I was never defending Matt Healy and i don't know why your defending Axl Rose

I’m not defending him, but it’s just whataboutery, and bringing up something someone didn’t actually get convicted of 40 years ago to defend the actions of someone in the here and now is pretty damning/slimy.

Edited by Jose Pose

Just now, Hugh Jass II said:

I like the Chems but there is absolutely no need to have them back headlining the Other yet again, especially only two festivals since they last did. It would be a phenomenally lazy and uninspired booking when there are so many other options.

I do find the irony of certain posters moaning about the Pyramid headliners being "stale, uninspiring and past it" whilst simultaneously called for yet another Chems set amusing...

I certainly wouldn't call the Chems past it tbf, No Geography was only 2019 and there's new stuff in the pipeline  (I think?) so they're certainly still current. It's not like NG was late career filler either, really good album.

But as a booking for the stage, definitely stale.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jose Pose said:

I’m not defending him, but it’s just whataboutery, and bringing something someone didn’t actually get convicted of 40 years ago to defend the actions of someone in the here and now is pretty damning/slimy.

But it did happen regardless of conviction? Its hardly defence anyway, its just stating that clearly glasto don't care about booking creeps whether its GNR or the 1975. Never said anywhere i want either of them to be booked nor am i defending matt healy

Lets break it down for you

Matt Healy - creepy with minors, no conviction

Axl Rose - creepy with minors, no conviction

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I certainly wouldn't call the Chems past it tbf, No Geography was only 2019 and there's new stuff in the pipeline  (I think?) so they're certainly still current. It's not like NG was late career filler either, really good album.

Simultaneously relevant and irrelevant

i.e. Schrodinger's Relevance.

Outside of QOTSA who seem nailed on for that slot now, The Prodigy seem like the most obvious OS headliner for this year to me, so I’m gonna go ahead and say that the info on one of Wizkid or Sam Smith is wrong rather than count The Prodigy out, whether that means one or both of those two are actually subbing Other, playing another stage, or just not playing at all. 

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

But it did happen regardless of conviction? Its hardly defence anyway, its just stating that clearly glasto don't care about booking creeps whether its GNR or the 1975. Never said anywhere i want either of them to be booked nor am i defending matt healy

Lets break it down for you

Matt Healy - creepy with minors, no conviction

Axl Rose - creepy with minors, no conviction

Yeah fair enough, but I do think there is a distinction in that I can see why Emily would want to take a stand against that sort of behaviour happening in 2023, vs that sort of behaviour having happened nearly 40 years ago. The 1975 fans just don’t like to hear that though. Hence why JP (at least for now) still has a stage there.

Edited by Jose Pose

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Past it was more a reference to the complaints about other headliners, but the point stands that you can't really complain about those acts whilst simultaneously championing the Chems.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Outside of QOTSA who seem nailed on for that slot now, The Prodigy seem like the most obvious OS headliner for this year to me, so I’m gonna go ahead and say that the info on one of Wizkid or Sam Smith is wrong rather than count The Prodigy out, whether that means one or both of those two are actually subbing Other, playing another stage, or just not playing at all. 

Well if one of them is wrong then a clash makes no sense.

Can’t see the Prodigy against GNR.

Plus, we’ve never actually heard a solid piece of info saying the Prodigy are there.

Just now, Jose Pose said:

Yeah fair enough, but I do think there is a distinction in that I can see why Emily would want to take a stand against that sort of behaviour happening in 2023, vs that sort of behaviour having happened nearly 40 years ago. The 1975 fans just don’t like to hear that though.

I agree its slightly different but not sure on this.

Lets not forget the nonce tent still stands, something that sure relates to something that happened 15+ years ago but would take about an hour to sort out + some new signs

Just now, Matt42 said:

Well if one of them is wrong then a clash makes no sense.

Can’t see the Prodigy against GNR.

Plus, we’ve never actually heard a solid piece of info saying the Prodigy are there.

We’ve had info The Prodigy are there, albeit not anything about where they’re playing.

And yeah, Prodigy vs GnR would be a bit odd, but we have reason to believe Plan A didn’t work out so could be the case that Prodigy were originally supposed to be against another headliner.

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I've never even HEARD of WizKid. No way headlining other.

Same boat as you, but looking at the stats I'm gonna give it a listen.  Was in the same position with Burna Boy last year, and while I didn't end up seeing him I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed what I heard beforehand.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

I concur, I’d be very surprised if that’s where he ends up, just seems totally off, even with the festival seemingly broadening it’s horizons when it comes to booking the big slots across the board. 

He's playing the Spurs ground so must be pretty big.

Have to admit it's a bit of a watershed moment for me when an act is playing stadiums and (potentially) taking a major festival slot and I've never heard of them.