Private Camping Options

AshSlattery

8 hours ago, wiremog said:

For similar money in a frankly horrendous location miles away from anything! Looked at that (and all the other options) and location swung it for Love Fields. We're not driving so none of the "park your car bear your tent" stuff means anything to us, we're gonna have a hike from the coach park wherever we camp.

I thought it was a good location, flat walk, near co op and gave me a chance to check out the opposite side to the cv fields where I've spent a few years. Also suited me that some options included pre-erected beds. 

4 hours ago, clarkete said:

I thought it was a good location, flat walk, near co op and gave me a chance to check out the opposite side to the cv fields where I've spent a few years. Also suited me that some options included pre-erected beds. 

Fair enough - everyone wants something different, after all. I'd have loved proper beds but those options were out of our group's budget range sadly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Are there pre erected bed options at Sticklinch? What about WV? 

Done WV lots of time but only in the 2 man scout - find it quite small tbh. 

3 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Done WV lots of time but only in the 2 man scout - find it quite small tbh. 

We had a 2 person Bellepad which was quite big. There were some other options we walked past which looked like they had beds though. The Podpads looked like kennels though!! 

7 hours ago, wiremog said:

Fair enough - everyone wants something different, after all. I'd have loved proper beds but those options were out of our group's budget range sadly

Yes fair enough.

In my case I got a coach  resale ticket this year which reduced my available options and I'm years past the age where I wanted to carry a tent or find a pitch. 

7 hours ago, Phoenix Girl said:

Doesn't look like any of them have beds at WV, maybe they all moved to Sticklinch? 

http://web.archive.org/web/20220125200147/https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/worthy-view-pre-erected-camping/tent-types-and-prices/

4 hours ago, sedra said:

We had a 2 person Bellepad which was quite big. There were some other options we walked past which looked like they had beds though. The Podpads looked like kennels though!! 

I got a 4 person bunkpad, as above I was getting it in the resale and they were very rare - I had to revisit the page every hour for a couple of weeks. I'm sure I'd have taken a two, but that didn't come up.  This was like a carpeted shed with beds, couple of small windows that can be opened for fresh air, couple of sets of shelves. 

Tbh for two of us in our fifties 400 quid each for a week of comfy accommodation with plenty of room wasn't bad, I've certainly paid more caravans or motor homes. In our case we could spread stuff out on the spare beds. 

http://web.archive.org/web/20210813163336/https://glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/sticklinch-accommodation-options/

We've decided to avoid the stress of the accomodation sale and have booked Love Fields.

It just seems to have a better location than Sticklinch, which wasn't a bad walk by any means, but was a little out of the way. I like the idea of being smack bang next to Gate C, walking through it and being straight in the action. The field seems to be closer to the gate than most of the official campervan pitches!!!

It's around the same price as Sticklinch for our group, but we need to pitch our own tents. Not a problem, because we can drive right up to the pitch to unload. And I think I'll prefer my own tent to the pre erected ones, especially as we can take our bigger setup with 2 connected pitches at 6m x 6m each to work with. 

I also liked the fact it has it's own late bar, communal fire pits, and under cover seating, Sticklinch didn't, as well as charging facilities, which again, Sticklinch didn't have. 

14 hours ago, Alvoram said:

We've decided to avoid the stress of the accomodation sale and have booked Love Fields.

It just seems to have a better location than Sticklinch, which wasn't a bad walk by any means, but was a little out of the way. I like the idea of being smack bang next to Gate C, walking through it and being straight in the action. The field seems to be closer to the gate than most of the official campervan pitches!!!

It's around the same price as Sticklinch for our group, but we need to pitch our own tents. Not a problem, because we can drive right up to the pitch to unload. And I think I'll prefer my own tent to the pre erected ones, especially as we can take our bigger setup with 2 connected pitches at 6m x 6m each to work with. 

I also liked the fact it has it's own late bar, communal fire pits, and under cover seating, Sticklinch didn't, as well as charging facilities, which again, Sticklinch didn't have. 

See ya there!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 1:06 AM, Leyrulion said:

I'm a camp in Oxylers guy so all these luxury campsites seem so far away from all the action.

They’re not everyone’s choice and I understand they are also unaffordable for many but it works for us. 

We always used to camp in Pennard and then moved to Wicket when we started taking our children. Now Love fields works for us. 

On 11/12/2022 at 11:30 PM, Alvoram said:

21 hours ago, wiremog said:

See ya there!

We will see you both there lol

I have been to every Glastonbury since 2007 and camped in Worthy View every year 2013.

Only found out about Love Fields from reading this thread and for the same money as Worthy View we are closer to action avoiding that hill and parking in the same field as our tent.

You do have to take your own tent but I have a 5 meter Bell Tent anyway which goes up it under 10 minutes and is fair better than those sweat nylon "Worthy Bells" in Worthy View.

Bit of a struggle to find all the money now, but just managed it phew.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Genuinely curious how you work this out? There are 5 people in our group and I can’t see how Love Fields isn’t several hundred pounds more than a 6 or even 8 man tent in WV.

£1750 for 5 people in pitch your own at Love Fields (£350 each). We paid £310 each because we got a £200 for not using the car passes (coach tickets).

Don't know what the equivalent is for WV but that location doesn't work for me so I didn't even look at it. Other option was 8 man tent in Tangerine Fields for £1350 (£270 each) but location isn't as good there either.

54 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Genuinely curious how you work this out? There are 5 people in our group and I can’t see how Love Fields isn’t several hundred pounds more than a 6 or even 8 man tent in WV.

6 of us, with a toddler, so we were going to try for a tipi (£1500) but stood no chance, next option might have been 2 x Bunk pads at Sticklinch (£1600 last year, my guess 1800-1900 this year with inflation?) or if we failed then our least favourite option was to get an Octopad (£1150 last year, maybe £1300-1400 this year?)

Love fields cost us £1750... Potentially cheaper, potentially a little more. We'll have to wait and see. But certainly a 'similar' price category. 

Sure there are technically cheaper options available at Sticklinch, but they were not suitable for our group, with the youngster, and all that entails. 

Edited by Alvoram

On 11/12/2022 at 11:30 PM, Alvoram said:

It is a tiny bit closer but the cost of bringing your own caravan to Love Fields is the same price that I pay to have a hired one delivered to CV East. I'll take a 5 minute extra walk for that. 

30 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

It is a tiny bit closer but the cost of bringing your own caravan to Love Fields is the same price that I pay to have a hired one delivered to CV East. I'll take a 5 minute extra walk for that. 

Sounds like it's the perfect choice for you, and who can argue with that?

Out of interest, do you still have to join the race for campervan tickets if having one delivered? Or do they take care of that for you? 

Don't think it'd work for us this year anyway, we'd need either need 2 campervans for 6, or a very big expensive one. Last time I checked it was coming in at just under £2k for one that would have suited just me, Cara and our (grown up) son. No way we could have got the other couple and their toddler in there too. 

But I'll definitely keep it in mind if we ever find ourselves alone as a couple / family again. 🙂 

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

If you compare pre-erected Bell Tents at Worthy View and Love Fields yes Love Fields is more expensive, cant actually do the comparison between with "Worthy Bells" a 4 meter sort of Bell Tent and an actual 4 meter Bell Tent at Love Fields as they have sold out of 4m Bell Tents on Love Fields and they have taken the price down.

However comparing a 6 x 6 meter PYO pitch at Love Fields in which I can get my 5 meter Bell Tent and a 4 meter Worthy Bell:

Worthy View Worthy Bell (2022) £700 (This price will no doubt rise for 2023)

Pitch your own at Love Fields 6 x 6 meter (2023) also includes car park ticket £750

You do have to pitch your own tent as the name implies at Love Fields but not such a big deal when parked in the same field as your tent 🙂

2 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Sounds like it's the perfect choice for you, and who can argue with that?

Out of interest, do you still have to join the race for campervan tickets if having one delivered? Or do they take care of that for you? 

Don't think it'd work for us this year anyway, we'd need either need 2 campervans for 6, or a very big expensive one. Last time I checked it was coming in at just under £2k for one that would have suited just me, Cara and our (grown up) son. No way we could have got the other couple and their toddler in there too. 

But I'll definitely keep it in mind if we ever find ourselves alone as a couple / family again. 🙂 

No you still need to get the CV ticket yourself but as much as it is a bit of a bunfight to get them they do come up in resale and even after that again so I have never known someone not get them. Bearing in mind you can put a tent beside a caravan if you wanted to it probably enough for a large group. 

3 minutes ago, worthyraver said:

Worthy View Worthy Bell (2022) £700 (This price will no doubt rise for 2023)

Pitch your own at Love Fields 6 x 6 meter (2023) also includes car park ticket £750

Ah, fair enough. Those WV bell tents are billed as up to 4 man though, aren’t they? When you are only planning on 2 people being in one it does work out price wise.

I think for us it’s be about £1400 for an 8 man WV tent vs £1750 for our own tents at LF. Plus we’re coming from different directions so might have to pay extra for parking too.

The LF location is great though…

40 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Ah, fair enough. Those WV bell tents are billed as up to 4 man though, aren’t they? When you are only planning on 2 people being in one it does work out price wise.

That's a very good point as paying for extra two people at Love Fields would be another £500 ouch

Glad I am not bring the parasites er I mean children.