Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Is the general consensus that there's 2 coaches per location - apart from London that has multiple, or have I imagined that?

Varies massively place to place. Somewhere like Norwich has probably got 1 a day, but bath, taunton, birmingham will have loads.

Bristol you can pick like London as well, bristol must have the second most, or maybe even more than london (might be silly to suggest that!)

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

Is the general consensus that there's 2 coaches per location - apart from London that has multiple, or have I imagined that?

There were definitely way more than two coaches from Manchester last year, couldn’t tell you exactly how many though 🤔

1 hour ago, faymondo said:

Yep 5.59 for me and booted to holding page. Thought I had nailed it. 

Did you go in through a direct link to the coach page or via the normal glastonbury.seetickets.com?

My theory is if you don't go in via the normal page, you don't receive a vital cookie and eventually get bumped to the holding page whilst locking out the registrations.

Same question to @LR10416

Edited by doogie

4 minutes ago, PassingCloud said:

Anyone have an idea of how many coach tickets were available? Someone said around 500…….no idea how they would know. 

What’s the guess for Sunday? 

A few thousand but with the new system the chances of getting one for most people have reduced massively. This is the norm from now on.

17 minutes ago, The Nal said:

A few thousand but with the new system the chances of getting one for most people have reduced massively. This is the norm from now on.

can you expand on this? I assume because those who were ultra prepared no longer have as much of a leg up. and easier to get more helpers.

I had no luck last night, cant help but think this new system penalises those who arent going in larger groups. 

Joining the resale groups is now a must. I didnt join as i dont post a lot (read lots) which is probably going to cost us our 2 places. 

Anyway good luck to those trying again sunday and well done those who got sorted last night. 

• Like 1

Just now, bluesmith said:

I had no luck last night, cant help but think this new system penalises those who arent going in larger groups. 

Joining the resale groups is now a must. I didnt join as i dont post a lot (read lots) which is probably going to cost us our 2 places. 

Anyway good luck to those trying again sunday and well done those who got sorted last night. 

If you're not in a group - I'd just rope in anyone you can; friends, family, work colleagues.

Given there's no upfront payment now, all you need to explain to them is how things work when you get in (which is more straightforward on Sunday than last night)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, doogie said:

Did you go in through a direct link to the coach page or via the normal glastonbury.seetickets.com?

My theory is if you don't go in via the normal page, you don't receive a vital cookie and eventually get bumped to the holding page whilst locking out the registrations.

Direct. However it didn't seem to lock the reg numbers as someone else managed to get for the same people a few minutes later (confirmed and paid for now).

5 minutes ago, svphie said:

can you expand on this? I assume because those who were ultra prepared no longer have as much of a leg up. and easier to get more helpers.

Basically that yeah. Before someone may have had 1 other person trying for them with CC details etc, now they can have 20 if they rally the troops.

October will sell out in 5 minutes. The days of 90% of people on here getting tickets in recent years is gone. Would be surprised to see more than half in October.

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Basically that yeah. Before someone may have had 1 other person trying for them with CC details etc, now they can have 20 if they rally the troops.

October will sell out in 5 minutes. The days of 90% of people on here getting tickets in recent years is gone. Would be surprised to see more than half in October.

Agree with most of this, might take 15-20 mins to sell out, but its going to be much more of a lottery now.

8 minutes ago, LR10416 said:

Direct. However it didn't seem to lock the reg numbers as someone else managed to get for the same people a few minutes later (confirmed and paid for now).

wait so technically the same reg can put put through on 2 orders? or am i not reading that right?

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

damn, what a bummer

was lucky to get coach tickets in October, but tried for friends last night and trying for them again on Sunday...

Edited by svphie

Just now, TiZuff said:

wait so technically the same reg can put put through on 2 orders? or am i not reading that right?

No I mean I put in for two reg numbers at 5:59 when the direct link to the thurs option went early, but when I selected city and clicked proceed it kicked me back to holding. But someone else was then successful for the same reg numbers a few mins later, so it didn't lock them out or anything.

47 minutes ago, doogie said:

Same thing happened to our group in both the October sales.  Got in early with the direct link but booted out to the holding page when trying to go further.  Didn't lock our registrations, but still put me off using a direct link last night.  Would be good if anyone has a concrete answer to this, and whether or not we should be using the direct links.

Edited by Lubic87

is there another place where we can check other peoples reg details? like the parking link where you can put in the details and it'll say if its incorrect. that seems to have disappeared

I don't trust all the people I'm trying for lol

17 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Agree with most of this, might take 15-20 mins to sell out, but its going to be much more of a lottery now.

Not sure about it being more of a lottery - I'd see a lottery as not necessarily a bad thing but I'm more of a fan of feeling that if I try really hard then I'm more likely than the next person who's only half-arsed. 

Rather than a lottery I think it'll move it a lot closer to being about who has the most resources.  Resources will be less about technical knowledge or 7 devices on 4 different IP addresses or VPNs, and more about who can rally the most amount of people together to help them out.

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

Not sure about it being more of a lottery - I'd see a lottery as not necessarily a bad thing but I'm more of a fan of feeling that if I try really hard then I'm more likely than the next person who's only half-arsed. 

Rather than a lottery I think it'll move it a lot closer to being about who has the most resources.  Resources will be less about technical knowledge or 7 devices on 4 different IP addresses or VPNs, and more about who can rally the most amount of people together to help them out.

Would be great being in a school or college class with 30 people to help out!

Its a numbers game now. If you have a ticket for this year enjoy it as you could be waiting a while for the next festival.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, svphie said:

is there another place where we can check other peoples reg details? like the parking link where you can put in the details and it'll say if its incorrect. that seems to have disappeared

I don't trust all the people I'm trying for lol

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/car-parking/worthy-farm/2629076

2 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Would be great being in a school or college class with 30 people to help out!

Its a numbers game now. If you have a ticket for this year enjoy it as you could be waiting a while for the next festival.

I'm not sure 30 is enough any more.  5 groups of 6 in the main sale - if they're lucky they'll hit the site 3/4 times they're doing amazingly well but they're still regrouping for the resale.  As you said above they don't need cc details up front any more - so if everyone in the group gets 5-10 extra people (who don't want tickets) helping then suddenly they have 200 people trying for 5 sets of tickets. 

That takes a lot of coordination, but some very large groups are going to steam-roll this.  Suckers trying for 6 tickets by themselves are going to vanish.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, p.pete said:

I'm not sure 30 is enough any more.  5 groups of 6 in the main sale - if they're lucky they'll hit the site 3/4 times they're doing amazingly well but they're still regrouping for the resale.  As you said above they don't need cc details up front any more - so if everyone in the group gets 5-10 extra people (who don't want tickets) helping then suddenly they have 200 people trying for 5 sets of tickets. 

That takes a lot of coordination, but some very large groups are going to steam-roll this.  Suckers trying for 6 tickets by themselves are going to vanish.

Yeah 100%, makes it far far more difficult without huge human resources. People buying tickets without payment details is madness to be honest and open to huge levels of abuse.

Next time, I may employ a call centre in India, throw 100 quid at them for 20 mins work and have a few hundred people all trying. This is the way its going.