Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Swear we heard someone a few years back on about them doing an anniversary thing at APE and it never came about. From a sales perspective a reunion on it's own would probably sell really well given they've been away for a while, hence they don't need the anniversary thing. Then they could always make fans double dip by doing the Parklife anniversary show in 2024, off the back of a televised Glastonbury set as well as a sold out Wembley date.

Ok cool, thanks for the info re: Blur, Neil and everybody else. Much appreciated, I so want to see them play again!

As I say, it just surprises me it's 2023 with Gorillaz having a new album out early next year, as well as The Waeve and Dave Rowntree doing some solo stuff too. But nothing shocks me with Damon & Co, so bring it on... whether it's 2023 or 2024.

29 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Ok cool, thanks for the info re: Blur, Neil and everybody else. Much appreciated, I so want to see them play again!

As I say, it just surprises me it's 2023 with Gorillaz having a new album out early next year, as well as The Waeve and Dave Rowntree doing some solo stuff too. But nothing shocks me with Damon & Co, so bring it on... whether it's 2023 or 2024.

Gorillaz have been touring on and off for a couple of years now and Albarn pumps out albums pretty regularly for them these days. Wouldn't be a massive shock if they weren't touring next summer.

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We really need a headliner announcement and a couple of decent indications on the other two. Ultimately, they'll get it right (they seldom don't) and it'll be amazing. We just seem to be stuck in some kind of weird soul destroying vortex of mediocrity at the moment. 

Are we? I think it's all a bit of fun at the minute. Throwing random names at the wall. I don't think it's as doom and gloom.

4 hours ago, fullfathom5 said:

The girlfriend wants to go on loads of holidays next year after not doing any this year in favour of festivals - I've already pushed the number of gigs we're going to. I'm hoping its like the day before Springsteen or something when we're already down there!!

Edited by efcfanwirral

I could name you seven albums, never mind songs (quiet at the back @Supernintendo Chalmers).

Anyway... "he was asked on the red carpet about the chances he’ll get back together with Bon Jovi for a Pyramid Stage headline slot next summer.

Sambora, who exited Bon Jovi after 30 years in 2013, refused to rule out a reunion with Jon Bon Jovi and co.

According to Metro, Sambora said with a ‘cheeky smile’ on this face: “It’s a possibility. We’re talking a bit.”"

Complete bollocks, obviously, just another confused musician thrown a question on a red carpet. He probably means they're talking a bit about him rejoining the band.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I could name you seven albums, never mind songs (quiet at the back @Supernintendo Chalmers).

Anyway... "he was asked on the red carpet about the chances he’ll get back together with Bon Jovi for a Pyramid Stage headline slot next summer.

Sambora, who exited Bon Jovi after 30 years in 2013, refused to rule out a reunion with Jon Bon Jovi and co.

According to Metro, Sambora said with a ‘cheeky smile’ on this face: “It’s a possibility. We’re talking a bit.”"

Complete bollocks, obviously, just another confused musician thrown a question on a red carpet. He probably means they're talking a bit about him rejoining the band.

Literally. If you're in a band/artist, and you get asked about glastonbury, it's almost always beneficial for you to say there's a chance etc because it'll get you an article and put you into discussion which is just free publicity.