2024 Headliners

7 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Hmm Maybe though  she has played the festical 3 times -  I feel like first timer suggest that someone who has not played at all, If it was once I feel it could have slipped her mind

Nah she’s only played once in 2017 in a tiny slot. She was booked for 2020 but it didn’t happen, and then wasn’t rebooked for 2022 which makes it seem even more likely that they’re saving her for a shot at the big show. She seems the most obvious candidate for the headliner already in place for next year imo - she’d surely jump at the chance, unlike Swift, Madonna who the festival would be jumping through hoops to secure. 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Emily didn't say it.

Well, they did quote her.... pretty shoddy journalism if she didn’t.

Speaking to The Guardian, Eavis confirmed that of the two female headliners for 2024, one has already been confirmed while the other is “close” to being booked. The Glasto boss also revealed that both headliners will be making their Glastonbury debuts, but did not share more information.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's not quoted saying it in the Guardian article.

Guess you have your take on it, which differs from mine. That’s cool. I think Dua far more likely than any two Glastonbury first time female headliners I can come up with, however I feel that piece has been accurately reported. It’s “the Glastonbury boss also revealed” bit that I can’t quite make sense of. What else could she have said that as paraphrased like that? As I say though, just my opinion on the article. 

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

I seriously doubt they’d do 3 pop headliners. Has never happened has it? Theres always at least one guitar based artist and i don’t see that changing any time soon

If you combine the "we have enough of white men with guitars" movement with the general lack of headliner worthy guitar-based female acts, I wouldn't be that surprised. 

11 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah she’s only played once in 2017 in a tiny slot. She was booked for 2020 but it didn’t happen, and then wasn’t rebooked for 2022 which makes it seem even more likely that they’re saving her for a shot at the big show. She seems the most obvious candidate for the headliner already in place for next year imo - she’d surely jump at the chance, unlike Swift, Madonna who the festival would be jumping through hoops to secure. 

She had actually played 4 times twice on the John Peel once on the BBC introducing & once on the Pussy Parlour -

10 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Guess you have your take on it, which differs from mine. That’s cool. I think Dua far more likely than any two Glastonbury first time female headliners I can come up with, however I feel that piece has been accurately reported. It’s “the Glastonbury boss also revealed” bit that I can’t quite make sense of. What else could she have said that as paraphrased like that? As I say though, just my opinion on the article. 

She could have just said ‘that haven’t done it before’ when talking about headliners. I think it’s too ambiguous to be sure either way, maybe intentional! 

3 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

She had actually played 4 times twice on the John Peel once on the BBC introducing & once on the Pussy Parlour -

Ah quite right you are! Well I still wouldn’t take that comment as gospel as it can definitely be interpreted in different ways, although if next year ends up being Madonna and Taylor and Dua happens further down the line then I’d consider that an absolute win, so we shall see.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Kate Bush would be incredible, but sadly it's never going to happen.

I know it's totally impossible. But I just like to dream...what if after the Stanger Things spike last year Emily said "how about it?" And Kate Bush got caught off card and signed. I'd be on cloud 9.

1 hour ago, homesick said:

Dua Lipa, Taylor Swift, Dave

Pulp instead of Dave if they want to have a headliner with guitars, plus a cheap booking

I don't think Dave would be much either tbh

18 minutes ago, MEL29 said:

Would people consider Fleetwood Mac a female headliner? No idea if they’re touring but surely that fits the bill of never done it before?

Think they’re pretty much done with. The festival has certainly tried to get them in the past, but now that Christine is gone, Lindsey is no longer in the band and the rest of them are old as fuck I can’t see them ever regrouping again, and a few of them have hinted as such. 

14 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

The Guardian all but names them...

"Next year’s festival should see two women headline, said Eavis – one confirmed, one close, and both of them Glastonbury first-timers. Rihanna and Madonna are among the top-billing acts who have never played the festival"

Unless Emily has tipped them a wink (which seems unlikely) they’re guessing.

15 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

I know it's totally impossible. But I just like to dream...what if after the Stanger Things spike last year Emily said "how about it?" And Kate Bush got caught off card and signed. I'd be on cloud 9.

I think its pretty sad that it would take an artist getting popular again because of a tv show to even get  considered to perform. Im sure Kate was asked when she did her London shows and said no 10 years ago already. Would be interesting to see how many people would try to stick around to hear Running Up That Hill then leave afterwards.

Edited by Suprefan