2024 Headliners

Just to add, it might end up not being SZA and the info could be incorrect - it happens. But the same people giving us this info have been incredibly reliable in the past, both when they posted on here and then moved to the Discord, so no reason to not believe them now and no reason to think they’d suddenly be making things up. Obviously all you guys are hearing is ‘person from Discord said xxx’ second or third hand, but they’ve got proven track records.

• Upvote 2

SZA is definitely one for the "they should make riskier, edgier bookings" crowd. Can't say I'm massively au fait with her stuff but if it is her then I sincerely hope she smashes it.

Few would argue she'd be first pick so I would be fascinated to see the journey that's lead to this point.

Ever since Madonna faded from the picture around Christmas, the situation seems to have been very fluid - very reminiscent of 2015 when they had to literally call in favours and have The Who rearrange shows to get a headline-level act.

With the low money on offer, the only options they have are 1) friends of the festival; 2) piggybacking on a higher paying gig nearby; 3) bumping up someone from the second line.

They’ve already got Coldplay from bucket 1 (and they’ve had other mates play the Pyramid in the past couple of fests like the Foos)… the rumours are that they’ve been trying to do 2 with Stevie Wonder, but it means that if the big money booking falls through, they’re left scratching around.

If it’s down to bumping someone up, SZA makes as much sense as anyone.

17 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Reliable poster on discord seems to have changed the headliner discourse a few times now. I think nobody knows owt.

There's a few different people in the know in the discord.

How hard is it to comprehend that info can change as the picture changes. Dua and coldplay have been locks for ages. There's also dozens of the undercard as good as confirmed too

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I see the Kings of Leon dates....so what was made of all their Glastonbury Instagram reels being posted? Just a coincidental promotion of their tour?

If they're playing, then a churnups style slot of Saturday would be the best guess.

But even that's probably a long shot.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Few would argue she'd be first pick so I would be fascinated to see the journey that's lead to this point.

Yeah they’ve obviously had an absolute stinker securing their third headliner and seemingly put all their cards on Madonna who let them down. Not sure what happened with Stevie but after attempting to go for two massive legend headliners they’ve basically been left with very few options. I’m sure people will moan and cry if/when SZA is announced, but honestly who else, realistically, was there, especially this late on. Emily must be having an aneurysm behind the scenes.

13 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Lol, you're so right! 

It just always seems to be people trying to show off that they're 'in the know' 

No one really seems to know. But it's been a fun ride this year

Coldplay and Dua have been locks for months.

The main reason people use sites like this is to try find out who is playing early

5 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Is she really going to do BST Saturday/Pyramid Sunday?

No reason why not. Even Springsteen with his mammoth shows did Glastonbury/Hyde Park. Probably lots of other examples out there too.

Edited by Gnomicide

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

SZA is definitely one for the "they should make riskier, edgier bookings" crowd. Can't say I'm massively au fait with her stuff but if it is her then I sincerely hope she smashes it.

Bang on the money. There's a host of others I think should be above her on the pecking order, but the big matter is who Emily asks in order.

Besides, Dua Lipa and SZA sticks to the two-female-headliner push, and so forth.

Not logged on all weekend as I was busy, but until this morning I'd never even heard of SZA and I'm fairly music obsessive.  Just had her on Spotify for 8-10 tracks and I'm hugely underwhelmed to be honest.  Reminds me of the vocal gymnastic R&B that was everywhere around 2000 - 2005.  All the tracks sound very samey.  Guess it's not for me.

Everything is teeing up for Sunday being all women on the ol' vertical pizza slice. Announcement Today or Tomorrow, then Emily is cashing in on the good PR for her talk on Thursday.

The only remaining mystery for me is... do we have one more twist and Madonna is on the line up or are we cashing out on SZA.

1 minute ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Personal preference, for what is available, I'd be taking The 1975 - Dua Lipa - Billy Joel this year, but I'm in a hell of a minority there.

I would like that.

Set the bar quite high having Macca and Elton consecutively that people are expecting that all time great (similar to them on paper) on the lineup.

18 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah they’ve obviously had an absolute stinker securing their third headliner and seemingly put all their cards on Madonna who let them down. Not sure what happened with Stevie but after attempting to go for two massive legend headliners they’ve basically been left with very few options. I’m sure people will moan and cry if/when SZA is announced, but honestly who else, realistically, was there, especially this late on. Emily must be having an aneurysm behind the scenes.

Oh come on - there's speculation and reading between the lines and then there's just talking total nonsense.  

You don't know if she's got 3 headline contracts signed or none. 

5 minutes ago, Drinky said:

If you’ve got the extra £5m he’ll want, wire it over to Emily and she can get on the blower

Would imagine the scheduling is the bigger obstacle than the fee, due to having a show in Europe on Saturday. Both because he doesn't do 2 nights straight ever, and also because the extra checks due to Brexit make it more time consuming / less reliable getting all the gear across the border.