2024 Headliners

1 minute ago, gherkin8r said:

How reliable is the Stevie W being out info do we think. Sorry, have just come online for first time today and am not enjoying this news. Someone sensible replying would be nice. 

O-rod, Dua Lipa and Coldplay is a f**king shocking trio of headliners for me. 

Hasn't come from the user who spilled the beans about the BST names and dates that up to now have been spot on. Think its come from discord info 

Edited by AndyL16
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

How reliable is the Stevie W being out info do we think. Sorry, have just come online for first time today and am not enjoying this news. Someone sensible replying would be nice. 

Do you want a reply from someone on this board or not?

1 minute ago, AndyL16 said:

Hasn't come from the user who spilled the beans about the BST names and dates that up to now have been spot on. Think tis come from discord info 

Did the guy with the BST dates have any info on Glastonbury bookings or was it just the BST dates and someone else saying SW was doing Glastonbury? 

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I personally think it's legit , and it was previously legit that he was down to play and things have just changed as things do in life and artist tours .... whether im sensible though might add pages to this thread 🙂 id like to think so 

14 minutes ago, Nobby's Old Boots said:

But the information, according to reliable sources (who have a track record of past success - up to you if you don't want to consider that) is that he was set to play, but now isn't.

I'd rather have know that than not, because I find it quite exciting.

This whole thread is going to be speculation, rumours, and sources (of varying reliability) until they're confirmed. So just popping up repeatedly saying nothing is confirmed until it's on the poster is sort of pointless, no?

100%  We all know that it is just speculation and rumours. 

Today has been the most interesting day for ages and in lieu of the actual poster coming out it's good to have something to talk about.

• Like 1

I’ve just woken up. It’s 6am here. We lost Stevie???!! This is an emotional rollercoaster.

Dua and O’rod aren’t that similar BTW. Dua is disco, O’rod is a mix of ballads and pop rock. Aside from them both being women there they don’t have much in common.

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I personally think it's legit , and it was previously legit that he was down to play and things have just changed as things do in life and artist tours .... whether im sensible though might add pages to this thread 🙂 id like to think so 

I'm with you.  I think the information about him playing was legit, I don't think it was someone  just making up rubbish and I'm inclined to believe that the information about him now not playing is legit as well - although somehow it is harder to get my head around why that might have happened.

Overall it has been a pretty weird situation this year  it has stretched what you are prepared to believe or not.

I never thought that I could go from Madonna to Stevie Wonder to not having a clue.  I expect there will be some more twists to come as well.

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

I’ve just woken up. It’s 6am here. We lost Stevie???!! This is an emotional rollercoaster.

Dua and O’rod aren’t that similar BTW. Dua is disco, O’rod is a mix of ballads and pop rock. Aside from them both being women there they don’t have much in common.

I reckon their fan bases would have considerable overlap and be similar demographically.

But TBF I am old and out of touch so could be completely wrong 

Edited by gherkin8r
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I'm with you.  I think the information about him playing was legit, I don't think it was someone  just making up rubbish and I'm inclined to believe that the information about him now not playing is legit as well - although somehow it is harder to get my head around why that might have happened.

Overall it has been a pretty weird situation this year  it has stretched what you are prepared to believe or not.

I never thought that I could go from Madonna to Stevie Wonder to not having a clue.  I expect there will be some more twists to come as well.

hes not young is he ... perhaps he thought initially he'd be up to it , gave it a few attempts and thought I really can do this physically ... 

2 minutes ago, Mark H said:

They are both pop music for a younger crowd though surely. With Coldplay as well it reads like a Smash Hits party.

Just now, glimmers_of_hope said:

although somehow it is harder to get my head around why that might have happened.

73 year old man with a history of health problems..

Even if (hopefully) there's no specific recent issue that triggered the change, it's fairly plausible that he's taken a step back, looked at the situation, and decided he'll be better off sat at home.

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

hes not young is he ... perhaps he thought initially he'd be up to it , gave it a few attempts and thought I really can do this physically ... 

Or in 6 weeks time he goes tits up for good for whatever's just showed up on his medical.

I mean, I f**king hope not, but these guys aren't immortal.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might just not be physically up to it.

yeah defo possible - he did the Grammys and maybe though better of doing 2 massive uk festivals (and I think there was another post saying something about a gig in Dubai).

When I said I couldn't quite get my head around it I think I meant it is more the mental gymnastics of thinking something was likely and then going to thinking it isn't based on another rumour - probably require more elasticity than I've got these days 🙂 

Just now, Mark H said:

So with Stevie having is as dumb as me we’re getting KoL right? All the signs seem to be there..

They'd certainly be one possibility. Probably not the only one, though.

One consideration is that they can only realistically do the Saturday - which is the one day we've got specific info Dua Lipa is playing.

Why do people get so annoyed about the idea of someone someone they don't approve of headline the Pyramid anyway? There will be something on another stage.