2024 Headliners

Seriously thinking that I may have just dreamt this now, but wasn't there mention earlier in the week on the socials that Coldplay were making a big announcement circa 13:00 yesterday, and it was alluding to Glastonbury?

5 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Seriously thinking that I may have just dreamt this now, but wasn't there mention earlier in the week on the socials that Coldplay were making a big announcement circa 13:00 yesterday, and it was alluding to Glastonbury?

It was from last year the post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sfroml said:

Yep they made the announcement yesterday

image.thumb.png.6e6971c35efe6ee96eaa8a08f71bc89a.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, Alvoram said:

Aren't those clashfinders just taken from these 2 'leaked' (read 'possibly fake') posters? 

image.thumb.jpeg.495f3ef6786c6e39a05499d078de8802.jpeg

image.jpeg.0d7d8a4efd1e697f1afdc05985c344df.jpeg

AFAIK anybody can make a clashfinder... So I think that those clash finders are just fans putting their hopes in one of these being true. 

The first poster has 8 of the West Holts acts  👀

Coincidence or was this ruled out as a fake too quickly??

Danny Brown

Jordan Rakei

Jalen Ngonda

Jungle

Justice

Sofia Kourtesis

Squid

Sugababes

9 minutes ago, Owen4567 said:

Danny Brown

Jordan Rakei

Jalen Ngonda

Jungle

Justice

Sofia Kourtesis

Squid

Sugababes

A bunch of those acts have been in people’s predictions for a while, and is why I was so sure you were making it up to begin with 😄 Definitely just a prediction rather than a genuine poster leak. 

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

A bunch of those acts have been in people’s predictions for a while, and is why I was so sure you were making it up to begin with 😄 Definitely just a prediction rather than a genuine poster leak. 

No worries. I was being cagey because I didn’t want to reveal where I’d found the info. Looks like other places online shared the playlist in the end anyway so there goes any chance of it happening again! 

23 minutes ago, Owen4567 said:

Danny Brown

Jordan Rakei

Jalen Ngonda

Jungle

Justice

Sofia Kourtesis

Squid

Sugababes

The first one also has IDLES & Everything Everything who are ruled out

6 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Dua L on Graham Norton tonight. 

Any chance of an announcement?? 

13 hours ago, The Nal said:

1 hour ago, fakeplastictrees2000 said:

If kings of Leon played would they headline?

Depends on their ego I suppose. Personally I think they’d be a cracking sub (and I like that new single) or Other headliner but it’s whether they’d take that.

Like I said, a weird one. Would I book them to headline? No.

Would they accept anywhere else on the bill? Probably not.

Would Emily book them if available and she'd had a few options drop the ball? Not implausible.

They're an unpopular booking here, but let's face it, we're just a fragment of the Glastonbury crowd. There will be plenty delighted with them doing ninety minutes atop El Pointo.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

They're an unpopular booking here, but let's face it, we're just a fragment of the Glastonbury crowd. There will be plenty delighted with them doing ninety minutes atop El Pointo.

Ehh whilst they’re still holding their ground at the top of lineups, they’d be an incredibly uninspired booking for Glastonbury and I don’t think they’d go down awfully well at large. Would ring as a big ‘we couldn’t get anybody else’ booking. Thankfully I don’t see it ever coming to that. They either come back as a Churnups/secret set booking or don’t ever come back at all imo.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Genuinely the time to get Ratboy off of The 1975 on the phone rather than book those musical statues playing pigeon beshat one hit wonder c**ts.

*Two hit. Sex on Fire and Use Somebody are pretty much second and third for rock songs in the UK this century. (I don't make the rules!)