2024 Headliners

It’s time for the argument they should try and book smaller headliners again already? 

It’s essential for Glasto to attract the biggest names for the pyramid to keep the demand for tickets and the bbc viewer numbers high. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

It’s time for the argument they should try and book smaller headliners again already? 

It’s essential for Glasto to attract the biggest names for the pyramid to keep the demand for tickets and the bbc viewer numbers high. 

So where is the level at which the festival will no longer sell out.

I feel it's a lot "lower" (for want of a better word) than some like to believe

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yes, considering how many actually go but don’t bother about headliners it is a lot lower. Also the large amount of folk registered for tickets and are disappointed every year would ensure a sellout. 

6 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

About 2008.

The festival aren't about to start saying no thank you Macca, Elton, Stevie, Adele, Beyonce etc. we're gonna test how much weaker we can make the headliners and still sell out. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

About 2008.

The festival aren't about to start saying no thank you Macca, Elton, Stevie, Adele, Beyonce etc. we're gonna test how much weaker we can make the headliners and still sell out. 

2008 the Jay Z year.

Nothing to do with "weak headliners", more to do with people listening to an idiot who doesn't know his Glastonbury history.

20 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Foals, Biif Clyro and Wolf Alice would be the level, I reckon

13 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Foals, Biif Clyro and Wolf Alice would be the level, I reckon

I genuinely think Wolf Alice could headline one day. Foals and Biffy are long gone, but Wolf Alice only have three albums, all great, and have gotten progressively bigger each time. They even have the 2024 essential of having a TikTok hit with DDTK. Probably hinges on the next album pushing them up to R+L headliner status though

3 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I genuinely think Wolf Alice could headline one day. Foals and Biffy are long gone, but Wolf Alice only have three albums, all great, and have gotten progressively bigger each time. They even have the 2024 essential of having a TikTok hit with DDTK. Probably hinges on the next album pushing them up to R+L headliner status though

Great band, love 'em to bits, but severe lack of hits to be troubling The Pyramid. 

They'll top the Other stage on their next tour cycle, I reckon. 

11 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

No chance. Doubt they'd even do R&L with the 6 headliners.. maybe if they were desperate.

Glasto should book the biggest and best acts they can. And they do. A 5 minute sell out is only guaranteed for now because they do this.

3 minutes ago, tickleyt said:

Any danger these will be cancelled do you think? I'm tempted to get em bought now but obviously will be an England address 

I heard you get booted as you attempt to buy...but very interesting. I'm just looking now and it's asking me for a new password thing which is making me worry!