2024 Headliners

12 hours ago, Suprefan said:

At least theres 2 female headliners and they arent trying to fudge the billing to make it seem thats the cass. But of course that doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things. 

Who’s headlining the main stage?

Oh…

That is the main stage? 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Must admit I'm a bit surprised at the Dua Desert Do L@b D@b Down. Would have thought it was an obvious tap in for all concerned. I get keeping your powder dry for El Pointo, but not to that extent.

Lana will be great though. Hopefully she shakes up the setlist a wee bit. As previously noted, Emily stole a march last year by getting her for the Other Stage.

I think Dua turned it down due to timing issues, probably because her upcoming album won’t be released until after Coachella, most, if not all the festivals she is playing aren’t till June or later.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:10 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Reckon LDR's team briefed that she "headlined" Glastonbury on this one. Either that, or piss-poor journalism fudging the lines. 

On 1/6/2024 at 8:53 AM, On The Blend said:

Tyler, the Creator, Lana, and Doja Cat 

Should that actually be the line up then that's a massively honking set of headliners. For what Coachella should be able to get, all but one of those should be playing sub tops.

On 1/5/2024 at 11:10 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Reckon LDR's team briefed that she "headlined" Glastonbury on this one. Either that, or piss-poor journalism fudging the lines. 

Maybe I have too much faith in people but I can’t believe that Lana’s management actually thought they’d secured top billing with a spot on the ‘Other’ stage. It’s one degree removed from literally being called ‘Not the Main Stage’. 
I suppose lying about it after the fact to people who don’t know or care about the difference is pretty plausible though.

3 hours ago, On The Blend said:

Maybe I have too much faith in people but I can’t believe that Lana’s management actually thought they’d secured top billing with a spot on the ‘Other’ stage. It’s one degree removed from literally being called ‘Not the Main Stage’. 
I suppose lying about it after the fact to people who don’t know or care about the difference is pretty plausible though.

Well, Lana has done it again with this year's Reading & Leeds.  She is headlining Main Stage West - so playing second last, before Fred Again headlines Main Stage East.  I know Reading have 6 "headliners", so can call her one - but she is in the Gerry Cinnamon/Catfish slot, rather than the Liam/Blink 182/Fred slot.

20 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Tbf Doja, Tyler and Lana are much bigger draws to the Coachella audience than Glasto, and they would still be very big draws at Glasto.

Big draws but still a way off the usual mega headliners that Coachella, being the biggest/‘best’ (lol) festival in the U.S., prides itself in having. There’s usually one act who falls in to the ‘smaller bump up’ bracket, but not all three, especially when the biggest one, Lana, is notorious for having off days in a live capacity more often than not.

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

Big draws but still a way off the usual mega headliners that Coachella, being the biggest/‘best’ (lol) festival in the U.S., prides itself in having. There’s usually one act who falls in to the ‘smaller bump up’ bracket, but not all three, especially when the biggest one, Lana, is notorious for having off days in a live capacity more often than not.

Are we thinking Coachella may drop tomorrow morning? Xx

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Are we thinking Coachella may drop tomorrow morning? Xx

People on twitter saying 3pm tomorrow EST but I think it's just guesses and rumours. 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Has it not already? Thought that was why everyone was mocking suprefan more than usual.

Not yet, just a little leak from this website which the internet has spread around:

https://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=339041&title=COACHELLA-RUMORS:-LANA-TYLER-AND-MORE

Supre just came on here to offer us his congratulations as it seems Dua has chosen the G over Coachella, despite the Eavis' pitiful bank balance and small amount of registers.