2024 Headliners

We've done this discussion ad nauseum over the last few years (Macca, Elton, etc, delete as applicable) but in terms of globally recognised and established artists from the past 40 years, there aren't many bigger bookings than Madonna. At least none that have either one-and-done or are no longer touring. It would be a f**king coup as significant as any booking they've ever made. I'll probably be elsewhere on site, but put some respect in her name. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Madonna: performs Vogue with a ballroom culture display in tribute to the scene that inspired the track.

Squares and nerds: This is bad, for some reason.

Squares and nerds need a bit of fabulous in their lives.

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

We don't live in time machines. If they get this over the line its the biggest coup for the festival since the Stones. There are no bigger challenges out there. Incredible scenes if she's confirmed.

It’s possible to get that it’s a huge booking for the festival and be pleased for Emily and co….and not personally be in any way excited.

57 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

We've done this discussion ad nauseum over the last few years (Macca, Elton, etc, delete as applicable) but in terms of globally recognised and established artists from the past 40 years, there aren't many bigger bookings than Madonna. At least none that have either one-and-done or are no longer touring. It would be a f**king coup as significant as any booking they've ever made. I'll probably be elsewhere on site, but put some respect in her name. 

Well exactly

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

It’s possible to get that it’s a huge booking for the festival and be pleased for Emily and co….and not personally be in any way excited.

Course. I was similar with Elto last year. Not for me, guv, but one heck of a booking for Mick E.

Just now, The Nal said:

Think peeps are going to be disappointed.

Well over a year from concept to the first show and 3-4 months of rehearsals in between. Somehow theyre going to reimagine this as a new outdoor show. With Madge not involved because shes touring the "old" show. All in a few weeks. 

What's Madge doing on this tour when she's not performing? Plenty of time for her to be working on a show.

Doesn't need to be a massive production on the same level as the arena tour. Kendrick showed what can be achieved with a few screens and some excellent choreography.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Just goes to show that one out of context Youtube clip is not necessarily an indicator of whether an act will be good or not.

Or that a semi-triumphant Glasto headline show negates the humour of the dill danden video.

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Yea

He managed to get on to the stage, which apparently is all that matters.

Sorry, I've got to say you're talking waffle. 

He smashed it.