2024 Headliners

1 hour ago, sjseabass said:

They still play stadiums and headline everywhere else though?

Realistically can you see them headlining Glastonbury?

Not denying them being big just consider the demographic of Glasto. Plenty of artists who sell our stadiums can and have played lower down the bill.

7 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Not denying them being big just consider the demographic of Glasto. Plenty of artists who sell our stadiums can and have played lower down the bill.

What’s the demographic of glastonbury are you talking in terms of age breakdown 

or the genre of music. I’d argue for Green day it would be a massive hit for any 30+ 

& anyone younger will certainly know them from being more commercial and mainstream in the 00’s than they were in the 90’s 

10 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Think almost everyone would have said they couldn’t see Metallica and GnR until the former got booked?

Late 20s - early 40s is a huuuuuge demographic at the fest, they (we) grew up hearing American Idiot plastered all over the radio. Remember at that time guitar music was all the rage, made up half the Radio 1 playlist etc.

Who are these acts that played lower down at Glasto in the midst of a stadium tour (not a one-off date like WizKid) and headlining major European festivals? Mayyybe Katy Perry or Page & Plant? Struggling for any others off the top of my head.

Green Day are bigger than any of 2019’s headliners were when they were booked lol (that set blew The Killers back up again).

17 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

If Green Day ever play Glastonbury, it’ll be headlining. Every few years we get all this talk of humungous headliner acts playing lower down the lineup because Glastonbury isn’t necessarily their target audience and it never happens, because Glastonbury is already lucky to get half of the acts it does with its minimal budget, never mind asking stadium sellers to play on the second stage whilst Dua Lipa headlines the Pyramid. Glastonbury may have pulling power, but not to that extent. 

When Swift was signed to do it in 2020 it was part of a run of festival shows. I reckon she’ll rinse the eras stadium spectacular for all it’s worth next year then a specially co figured festival run in 2025, at which point I’ll be amazed if she doesn’t do Glastonbury. 

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

When Swift was signed to do it in 2020 it was part of a run of festival shows. I reckon she’ll rinse the eras stadium spectacular for all it’s worth next year then a specially co figured festival run in 2025, at which point I’ll be amazed if she doesn’t do Glastonbury. 

I’m not quite as confident that it’ll be as soon as 2025, but yeah, Taylor isn’t touching any festivals until this stadium tour of hers is done with and she can totally restructure her show specifically for festivals and knock them all out at once. 

3 minutes ago, sjseabass said:

Think almost everyone would have said they couldn’t see Metallica and GnR until the former got booked?

Late 20s - early 40s is a huuuuuge demographic at the fest, they (we) grew up hearing American Idiot plastered all over the radio. Remember at that time guitar music was all the rage, made up half the Radio 1 playlist etc.

Who are these acts that played lower down at Glasto in the midst of a stadium tour (not a one-off date like WizKid) and headlining major European festivals? Mayyybe Katy Perry or Page & Plant? Struggling for any others off the top of my head.

Green Day are bigger than any of 2019’s headliners were when they were booked lol (that set blew The Killers back up again).

I’m at little older but they were popular when I was at high school between 97-02 and they’ve been around since the early to mid 90’s. Green day will be a draw for anyone from late 20s to 50

2 minutes ago, Rodders2023 said:

I’m at little older but they were popular when I was at high school between 97-02 and they’ve been around since the early to mid 90’s. Green day will be a draw for anyone from late 20s to 50

I go to the fest with my dad every year and he adores them, he’s 60! And I (31) love the 90s stuff, Dookie in full at Reading 2013 was one of my favourite gigs ever. Would be big for all my mates.

I’m banging the Green Day drum here but I’d still actually rather it was AC/DC for a rockier option lol (as never seen them). Just think with Billy Joe having come to the fest in the past, on top of everything else above they actually make a fair bit of sense.

14 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Including Folklore in full 🤞

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Think it's going to be Dua, the 1975 and Harry or Madonna.  

Swifty's dates just don't seem to make sense again...

Who knows!

Hopefully the Other Stage can pull something out of the bag if that's the headliners for the Pyramid then jeez.

1 hour ago, Rodders2023 said:

Give me AC/DC all day long following that other rock acts I’d consider would be foo fighters, green day, rage against the machine, blur & going into fantasy booking bon jovi. The 1975 would be at very bottom of my list. 

Then the two other headliners between Taylor swift, pink, Beyoncé, rhianna, Madonna, dua lipa, spice girls etc 

Can someone tell me when Christina aguilera has never been mentioned I know she doesn’t tour all that much but I’d have though she’d have been a massive get.

same with the likes of Britney. 

I suppose you could look at a few for the legend slot like bon jovi & spice girls 

but they’re massive enough to carry a headline slot 

Britney cant sing. Christina toured recently and performs regularly. Would be a good legend slot even in her early 40's. 

Timberlake anyone,

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Incredible live but not a Glastonbury headliner I don’t think. Bruno Mars is a more ‘credible’ option if they’re going down the expensive American male popstar route. 

Timberlake has a new album coming out thats supposed to be Future/Sex part 2. Has plenty of hits and has tour stadiums before so no stranger to that. Bruno gets cred just for ripping off the police compared to jt ripping off janets nipple?

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Britney cant sing.

this is quite cruel to say imo, she was being forced to perform against her will, we have no idea what she can do

but in truth she's probably not gonna do any shows for a really long time if ever, and I doubt Glastonbury wouldbe on her radar if she does.

1 minute ago, august1 said:

still no idea on next fallow year? I remember the council and festival having different ideas on it..

Ideally 2026, so I can go to the World Cup and not have to somehow fit that and Glastonbury together in the same period of time 🤣 selfish, I know