2024 Headliners

5 hours ago, VCK said:

Paramore will probably finish up touring this album and then take a break for 2024.

Hayley has already said theyre planning to come back to the uk. And they have australia dates coming on tuesday for 2024. Theyre def not done.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Think they're more of an Other Stage headliner really, though they did sub for Foos at Bonnaroo the other week. Very much more for R&L imo.

I actually did think they might do a secret spot given their tour break and that they seemed genuinely stoked at being over here in April from the YouTube videos I'd seen, but not this time clearly.

You only think theyre r&l cause you want to put them into one category. Yet theyre headlining or subheadlining multi genre fests currently. They were supposed to be a main headliner for Lollapalooza this year but negotiations took a turn. Hayley is electric, it would go down well. But i doubt they mind headlining Other or being a pyramid sub.

5 hours ago, BlackZeppelin said:

Has RATM been mentioned?

Why you taking coachellas stuff lol.

51 minutes ago, jparx said:

The more I look at those dates and think about what the Eras Tour looks like, I just don’t think Taylor is doing it next year. I think she’s pencilled in for the next tour in a few years time when she does a wider festival run. When these tickets go on sale she’ll add extra dates which will unfortunately rule out Glastonbury I reckon.

The extra dates will go up within the next week or so. She just added 3 more dates in Singapore because 8 million registrations were received in the first 24 hours. Thats why the onsales are so far ahead of time.

45 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

My headliner picks for next year would be Tame Impala, Madonna and Sam Fender. Kate Bush for the legends slot.

A man can dream, right?

Would be brilliant but not headline the Pyramid I don’t think 

Don’t think Sam would be a pyramid headliner either

1 minute ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Would be brilliant but not headline the Pyramid I don’t think 

Don’t think Sam would be a pyramid headliner either

Sam will def get it. Already proven himself last summer with those huge gigs. Went over really well subbing last year. Just needs a new record pretty much and to have a couple more big songs and its in the bag. Like Im sorry but if they cannot even be allowed to book those spots to young and deserving talent then the festival is dead in the water. Cant keep gatekeeping the headlining spot to only artists that are senior citizens.

RE: Tame Impala and Sam Fender headlining, my suspicion is that both will have new albums out in the next year, so I don’t think it’s an unrealistic expectation. 

If they’re not there next year I’ll see them on tour anyway. Would be nice to save a few quid, though.

2 minutes ago, Homersexual said:

RE: Tame Impala and Sam Fender headlining, my suspicion is that both will have new albums out in the next year, so I don’t think it’s an unrealistic expectation. 

If they’re not there next year I’ll see them on tour anyway. Would be nice to save a few quid, though.

Tame Impala aren’t ever gonna headline - they’ve definitely peaked in terms of how big they’re gonna get. Hard to place them these days tbh but I can kind of see them either coming back to do a secret set or just not playing again any time soon. 

1 hour ago, nban2010 said:

Madonna probably with her incoming tour  or is she more suited to Legends now (and maybe that is what Emily meant?)

Her ego is too big to play the legends slot, she wouldn't accept anything below headlining.

9 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Tame Impala aren’t ever gonna headline - they’ve definitely peaked in terms of how big they’re gonna get. Hard to place them these days tbh but I can kind of see them either coming back to do a secret set or just not playing again any time soon. 

Slander. Ain’t having it.

9 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Taylor Swift
Dave (Guest at the festival this year with Central Cee and seems nailed on eventually to headline) 
Paramore 

I’m with you with Dave here. Bit strange that an artist of his size would come down for a feature for one song. I reckon it’s sowing the seed for next year.

Just now, al_coholic said:

So Taylor can literally only do the Sunday and that would be 3 in a row for her and her show. I am not convinced, but would love it to be her

100% out in my eyes. Maybe she’ll do it in the next couple of years, but as it stands I doubt fulfilling her prior festival commitments is high in her priorities. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Tame Impala are not headlining the Pyramid ffs. Other Stage fine but there’s been a clear and decisive break from the era of ‘6 Music’ headliners since Arcade Fire and there’s no indication that’s about to reverse. 

Even 6 Music have moved away from the traditional 6 music artists in recent years

1 hour ago, ThePope said:

I’m with you with Dave here. Bit strange that an artist of his size would come down for a feature for one song. I reckon it’s sowing the seed for next year.

Don’t think artists that feature for other artists is an indication they are headlining next year. Bruce came out for Paul M last year and isn’t on the farm.