Pukkelpop 2023

Archi

10 hours ago, DDave said:

Festileaks forum says no. By that I mean that the usual press release that has been shared the day before the names have been announced hasn't happened today. 

I think there will be names. 

Apparently they were right on Festileaks. Strange choice by PKP.

A bigger bunch of names coming in the next weeks?

23 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Director of a Portuguese festival said in an interview that the yeah yeah yeahs were closed on Saturday at the Lowlands and on Sunday at Pukkelpop, however a problem arose and the yeah yeah yeahs only manage to reach Europe on the 25th of August.

That would have made Sunday amazing. 

Still only 1 indie name for the whole of Friday and Saturday. Disappointing. 

1 hour ago, gigi21 said:

M83 + Moderat for Friday's Marquee looks nice

Last time Moderat played the marquee PJ Harvey and Interpol were playing before them. (And The XX, Solange, Ryan Adams on the main stage). 

Don't get the M83 praise at all. Liked that one hit they had in 12 years ago but have they done anything worthwhile since 2011? 

5 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Last time Moderat played the marquee PJ Harvey and Interpol were playing before them. (And The XX, Solange, Ryan Adams on the main stage). 

Don't get the M83 praise at all. Liked that one hit they had in 12 years ago but have they done anything worthwhile since 2011? 

It's not one hit, it's a whole acclaimed album.

Their new album is really good too. First half been released recently.

1 hour ago, DDave said:

That would have made Sunday amazing. 

Still only 1 indie name for the whole of Friday and Saturday. Disappointing. 

very strange with a (likely) Main with Billie/Yungblud/Y&Y, Angele/Anne Marie/Limp Bizkit not to have at least one indie-oriented Marquee. We'll surely get some more.
Anyways, for my tastes, lineup is shaping good and eclectic as usual.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matrainertje said:

best live band at Lowlands at 2016 for me as well...unbelievably good live.

a new album that is great doesnt count now? and wouldnt that explain them touring it .....

3 hours ago, matrainertje said:

The album they released before the 2016 tour (Junk) is fantastic and the live show they put on that year at PKP was one of my highlights of the weekend. They closed the Marquee after The Chemical Brothers had been on the Main and it was an amazing few hours.

16 hours ago, Semprini said:

The album they released before the 2016 tour (Junk) is fantastic and the live show they put on that year at PKP was one of my highlights of the weekend. They closed the Marquee after The Chemical Brothers had been on the Main and it was an amazing few hours.

in 2016 they also were the last day's main stage closer at an unbelievable Nos Alive with Radiohead, Chemical Brothers, Arcade Fire, Tame Impala, Pixies, Soulwax, Foals, Biffy Clyro, Robert Plant, Hot Chip, John Grant, Wolf Alice, José Gonzalez, Calexico and I forgot how many others... And their show has been a perfect festival ending.

Loved that tour and that record. Now I only need to stop thinking it was only 7 years ago and the full festival ticket costed 129€.

• Upvote 2

Lorde playing Paredes de Coura the same weekend but I’m not sure she would fit in the slots remaining.

Unless they’re going Lorde > FATM > The Killers which would be incredible? But seems way too strong.

And Lewis Capaldi seems the obvious pick.

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, VCF said:

Lorde playing Paredes de Coura the same weekend but I’m not sure she would fit in the slots remaining.

Unless they’re going Lorde > FATM > The Killers which would be incredible? But seems way too strong.

And Lewis Capaldi seems the obvious pick.

I think between Lewis and Lorde, Lewis is sadly the bigger name.