Finsbury Park 2023

gfa

19 hours ago, theglastokid said:

Any tips on hotels for Pulp on 1st July. Currently looking round and prices are horrendous. Even Travelodge want £200+ a room for one night. Long gone are the glory days of £29 rooms lol

I had one booked the day Pulp tickets went on sale...they emailed me 2 days ago to say they had cancelled my booking (clearly realised could charge more for the room). Arseholes. 

In terms of hotels for Pulp (or any big London gig), consider hotels at the furthest reaches of the tube lines or mainline trains going out of the city. Most visitors only ever seem to look at zone 1-2 and pay a premium for it but there are plenty of options if you're willing to travel a little bit afterwards, and these shows don't have late curfews.

Even as far up as Milton Keynes is totally doable after a gig.

Hope this helps someone! Don't pay extortionate London prices if you don't need to.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

In terms of hotels for Pulp (or any big London gig), consider hotels at the furthest reaches of the tube lines or mainline trains going out of the city. Most visitors only ever seem to look at zone 1-2 and pay a premium for it but there are plenty of options if you're willing to travel a little bit afterwards, and these shows don't have late curfews.

Hope this helps someone! Don't pay extortionate London prices if you don't need to.

Thats really helpful thanks. Just booked a hotel in Stevenage for a fraction of what is being asked in the area (even factoring in train fare). 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jannybruck said:

Milton Keynes isn't a great idea - i'd stick to thameslink. far easier and the euston line always seems to be broken anyway!

11 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

For 1975? Seems their likely next move. Assuming that Finsbury and announced festivals is them done for the year UK-wise (seems likely), maybe a Glasto headline and a run of summer stadium shows in 2024 to close out the BFIAFL era? 

Yes. I hope so, perhaps if it wasn’t for covid they could be well into stadiums by now.

On 2/21/2023 at 2:15 AM, thatTFBguy said:

For 1975? Seems their likely next move. Assuming that Finsbury and announced festivals is them done for the year UK-wise (seems likely), maybe a Glasto headline and a run of summer stadium shows in 2024 to close out the BFIAFL era? 

They've said that they'll tour again this year, but I reckon (and rumours suggest) it will be a S/T 10 year anniversary tour, similar to what they did at Gorillas. I'd probably miss that to be honest, but could see that being it.

53 minutes ago, NWUYC said:

They've said that they'll tour again this year, but I reckon (and rumours suggest) it will be a S/T 10 year anniversary tour, similar to what they did at Gorillas. I'd probably miss that to be honest, but could see that being it.

Matty said at the Gorilla show that it was a one off. And he's talked before about how 'nostalgia is a sickness' (in classic w*nky Matty style) so can't see them doing a full S/T tour. 

Also said they're touring the US again this year, and there's no way they non stop tour for more than a year - so I'm convince these festivals and Finsbury are it for UK shows in 2023, would love to be wrong though! 

1 hour ago, NWUYC said:

What do people think about Pulp tickets being available on resale closer to the time? Missed out on them and now quite keen to go. Don't want to pay more than face value though, as £80 ish is the top end of what I'd pay tbh...

definitely, wait until 1-2 weeks before and there will be lots on twickets/twitter

6 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

Matty said at the Gorilla show that it was a one off. And he's talked before about how 'nostalgia is a sickness' (in classic w*nky Matty style) so can't see them doing a full S/T tour. 

Also said they're touring the US again this year, and there's no way they non stop tour for more than a year - so I'm convince these festivals and Finsbury are it for UK shows in 2023, would love to be wrong though! 

He also said at gorilla that they had another U.K. tour scheduled for 2023 if I remember right, I didn’t go but remember seeing it on tiktok. But matty does talk a lot of shit so wouldn’t be surprised if he meant the summer festival circuit

8 hours ago, NWUYC said:

He also said at gorilla that they had another U.K. tour scheduled for 2023 if I remember right, I didn’t go but remember seeing it on tiktok. But matty does talk a lot of shit so wouldn’t be surprised if he meant the summer festival circuit

Yeah, that's my worry, just never know with Matty. Fingers crossed for once he was just talking straight cause I'm dying for another 75 shows already and can't make Finsbury. 

On 2/24/2023 at 10:31 AM, thatTFBguy said:

Yeah, that's my worry, just never know with Matty. Fingers crossed for once he was just talking straight cause I'm dying for another 75 shows already and can't make Finsbury. 

Know he railed against the nostalgia aspect, but would be staggered if there wasn't a handful of "intimate" shows around Christmas where they did the debut in full. Apollo venues at either end of the country, most likely.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, jannybruck said:

Thanks for posting this for me. Booked a hotel in Hatfield, way cheaper. Hopefully not train strikes or scheduled maintenance that day

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 7:53 PM, gfa said:

definitely, wait until 1-2 weeks before and there will be lots on twickets/twitter

I'm still hoping for a "production hold" run of extra tickets for Pulp, but yeah, I suspect that's a much more likely way for how I'm gonna have to be go for it, and indeed have set up a Twickets alert accordingly in my e-mail in preparation.

Same with Arctic Monkeys.

Edited by charlierc

On 2/21/2023 at 4:34 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

Probably one more for their own thread but... save maybe a one-off in London and another in Manchester, couldn't picture The 1975 doing a full-bore stadium run - and I say that as a fan of the tunes.

I can see them doing a one-off stadium show as a "test the water" deal tbf. See if their vibe fits in with such a large environment. Although saying that, Finsbury is the size of a smaller stadium rather than a grander one like say, Tottenham or the Olympic venue.

On 2/20/2023 at 10:32 PM, gfa said:

Milton Keynes isn't a great idea - i'd stick to thameslink. far easier and the euston line always seems to be broken anyway!

I know someone living in Milton Keynes who prefers the Luton-St Pancras Thameslink when they go to London for events tbf.

Oddly it seems to work when I need to use it, but it's crazy how often I'll turn on Twitter to see the operators on that line reporting something's broken.

51 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I can see them doing a one-off stadium show as a "test the water" deal tbf. See if their vibe fits in with such a large environment. Although saying that, Finsbury is the size of a smaller stadium rather than a grander one like say, Tottenham or the Olympic venue.

Their tunes are 100% stadium sized

they sold finsbury quick, could 100% do a wembley night if they wanted with a big old support. their finsbury supports aren't particularly big

47 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I know someone living in Milton Keynes who prefers the Luton-St Pancras Thameslink when they go to London for events tbf.

Oddly it seems to work when I need to use it, but it's crazy how often I'll turn on Twitter to see the operators on that line reporting something's broken.

They have just done a big load of maintenance on it so hopefully will be better for a bit. it has like 4 different services on it which is probably why it struggles i think, lots of coordination needed.

I live on the luton-st pancras line and its pretty good, used to be awful but now it basically is always working well.

On 2/20/2023 at 5:28 PM, jannybruck said:

Travelling from Sheffield we have stayed in Edgeware a few times.  5 mins off M1 and 25 mins on tube and you are in Central London.

• 1 month later...