Download 2024

FeverDream

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So the thousands of people who are going to watch them are all terrible people? Is that what you’re saying? 

You, nor anyone else, have the right to tell others who they should be watching. 

I don’t have to justify my choice to watch Pantera but I will; Phil’s views don’t make their way into the music, which makes it a lot easier to separate the art from the artist. Am I going to buy Pantera merch? No. Am I going to buy Pantera records? No. Would I pay to watch them at their own show? No. But I will watch them at a festival I’m going to because they’re some of the best metal songs ever written. 

Listening to artists who have said or done bad things does not make a bad person. The discussion is far more nuanced than that. 

You'd have been better just not saying anything.

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are You Me at Six exclusive for Slam Dunk? Wondered if they might nab a secret spot after the news.

Cannot quite gauge if they'll get some bigger dates next year on the back of the break-up news.

They’ve said that Slam Dunk will be their final UK shows so I’m guessing they will announce a farewell tour pretty soon after they’ve played there. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

So the thousands of people who are going to watch them are all terrible people? Is that what you’re saying? 

You, nor anyone else, have the right to tell others who they should be watching. 

I don’t have to justify my choice to watch Pantera but I will; Phil’s views don’t make their way into the music, which makes it a lot easier to separate the art from the artist. Am I going to buy Pantera merch? No. Am I going to buy Pantera records? No. Would I pay to watch them at their own show? No. But I will watch them at a festival I’m going to because they’re some of the best metal songs ever written. 

Listening to artists who have said or done bad things does not make a bad person. The discussion is far more nuanced than that. 

It kinda does bleed into the performance though as he seems to enjoy doing certain salutes during gigs...

If he starts of with a nazi salute, would you walk away or stick around for the songs?

I imagine he'll end up getting dropped anyway if the press notices and theres pressure on the festival organisors

Just now, zahidf said:

It kinda does bleed into the performance though as he seems to enjoy doing certain salutes during gigs...

If he starts of with a nazi salute, would you walk away or stick around for the songs?

I imagine he'll end up getting dropped anyway if the press notices and theres pressure on the festival organisors

As far as I know, he hasn’t done any dodgy salutes during gigs since that Dimebash event. If he did one there and then, for sure I’d be clearing off. I don’t think they’ll get dropped, not now. They’ve been announced for months. 

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

As far as I know, he hasn’t done any dodgy salutes during gigs since that Dimebash event. If he did one there and then, for sure I’d be clearing off. I don’t think they’ll get dropped, not now. They’ve been announced for months. 

Obviously everyone has their own line in the sand for these things.

I blame festival organisers more for having people like that at their festivals. I do think going to those sets is a factor in letting people like him ( or Ryan Adams, Kanye, e.t.c) get away with stuff like that, but thats ultimately the responsibility of the conscience of the person going to that set in question. If there arent consequences for behaviour like that, theyll keep doing it. 

Fingers crossed he gets a small crowd. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Why would I? Because you can’t think of a response? 

No because your reasoning behind it was a dumbass answer. If you decide to justify yourself even if you feel you don't need to....Best to continue to not feel that need.

Actions speak louder than words never ran more true.

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

No because your reasoning behind it was a dumbass answer. If you decide to justify yourself even if you feel you don't need to....Best to continue to not feel that need.

Actions speak louder than words never ran more true.

It’s a discussion forum, you donut. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

It’s a discussion forum, you donut. 

The post above is spot on, it is a case of actions speak louder than words. 

The reality is the guy is a nazi. And to see an artist live is to a support them. And you shouldn’t support nazi’s. 

Of course you and the other tens of thousands of people in that crowd aren’t terrible people. But it would still be better if you didn’t go. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:37 PM, Beese Churger said:

The post above is spot on, it is a case of actions speak louder than words. 

The reality is the guy is a nazi. And to see an artist live is to a support them. And you shouldn’t support nazi’s. 

Of course you and the other tens of thousands of people in that crowd aren’t terrible people. But it would still be better if you didn’t go. 

I would be very surprised if Phil was a member of a political party between 1933 and 1945. He is getting on a bit but I doubt he is in his 80's, or are you just using the word nazi lazily, cheaply and in some peoples cases very offensively.

Tried my hand at what a heavier Fall Out Boy setlist might be, but we'll see...

Love From the Other Side
The Phoenix
Sugar, We're Goin' Down
Uma Thurman
A Little Less Sixteen Candles, a Little More "Touch Me"
I Slept With Someone In Fall Out Boy And All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy
This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race
Thriller
10 G.I.N.A.S.F.S.
11 Fake Out
12 Disloyal Order of Water Buffaloes
13 Beat It
14 I Don't Care
15 Dance, Dance
16 Hold Me Like a Grudge
17 My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light 'Em Up)
18 Thnks fr th Mmrs
19 Centuries
20 Saturday

On 2/3/2024 at 3:51 PM, Zampa said:

I would be very surprised if Phil was a member of a political party between 1933 and 1945. He is getting on a bit but I doubt he is in his 80's, or are you just using the word nazi lazily, cheaply and in some peoples cases very offensively.

A Nazi in that he subscribes to the values of Nazism. As indicated by the seig heil. A neo-nazi if you prefer. 

Also shut up you total bellend, you know exactly what I meant. 

Nice to see everyone who thought Sleep Token wouldn't sell well eat their words early on, and it's only the pre-pre-sale. Lucky enough to have got in at Manchester but took a while of refreshing. I wouldn't be surprised if Sleep Token end up headlining the next time they play Download assuming they do not end up on the line-up this year. Not many metal bands as popular as them nowadays, especially British metal bands. 

20 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’ve only gone and done it. 

Your first Download 2025 headliner: Sleep Token. 

I’m not a sleep token fan but even I can admit Download would be missing a trick not getting Sleep Token to headline in 2025. 
Its their time NOW. 

• Like 2