Download 2024

FeverDream

I've only seen FOB twice, both times at large outdoor shows and they've been as dull as dishwater despite having a visually impressive stage show. Will be interesting to see if they're able to improve on that for a headline slot here.

QOTSA seem to be on the best run of their career in terms of live shows, no doubts they'll smash it.

16 hours ago, sacred shape said:

😂 Yes, Avon the song not the place!

I was gonna say! I went on Google maps after and couldn’t see a Stockton in Avon area I was so confused! It’s been a long week for me, haha

10 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's been a few good shows through Stockton-on-Tees. What's the venue like up there?

Venue is great, proper canny. I travelled down from Newcastle. Only complaint is it’s in Stockton! No where to grab food before other than a Spoons and takeaways…

Edited by FeverDream

1 hour ago, Rusty Spoon said:

I've only seen FOB twice, both times at large outdoor shows and they've been as dull as dishwater despite having a visually impressive stage show. Will be interesting to see if they're able to improve on that for a headline slot here.

QOTSA seem to be on the best run of their career in terms of live shows, no doubts they'll smash it.

I may be biased as FOB are my fave band, I’ve seen them 8 times and have been underwhelmed 3 or 4 times.

Personally think the shows I saw on the SMFSD tour this year were them at their absolute best and if people are willing to give them a chance they could smash their set.

Had a go at placing every act on the stage I think they will play: 

APEX: Queens of the Stone Age, Fall Out Boy, Avenged Sevenfold, Royal Blood, The Offspring, Machine Head, Corey Taylor, While She Sleeps, Babymetal, Alien Weaponry, All Them Witches, Bleed From Within, Holding Absence, Royal & The Serpent, Slaughter To Prevail, Tigercub, Vukoi, Wargasm 

OPUS: Pantera, Bad Omens, Sum 41, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup, Heilung, 311, Atreyu, Crystal Lake, Dying Fetus, Elvana, Fit For A King, Heriot, Hoobastank, Imminence, Karnivool, Lord of the Lost, Make Them Suffer, Missio, Silverstein, The Blue Stones, Those Damn Crows, URNE 

AVALANCHE: Thy Art Is Murder, The Used, Polyphia, Alpha Wolf, Brand of Sacrifice, Charlotte Sands, Counterparts, Crystal Lake, Deathbyromy, Defects, Dying Wish, Frozemode, Hotwax, Harper, Kelsey Karter & The Heroines, Noahfinnce, Oxymorrons, Pinkshift, Røry, Scene Queen, Scowl, Storm, Until I Wake

DOGTOOTH: The Black Dahlia Murder, Biohazard, Fear Factory, Alt Blk Era, Calva Louise, Celestial Sanctuary, Delilah Bon, Dream State, Erra, Gel, Halocene, Hanabie, Knife Bride, Pest Control, Shadow of Intent, Speed, The Callous Daoboys, Zulu 

Edited by Andre91

On 11/23/2023 at 11:36 PM, northernangel said:

Either way, Reading have outdone Download easily 

What a crazy conclusion to draw! It's a shame about Spiritbox as I would have liked to see them at Download, but the only other crossover artist is Blink, who I can take or leave. Other than that there is nothing to compare. And as for the rest of the Reading announcement... I thought it was uninspiring and a little bit sh*t! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marka23 said:

Download is miles better than Reading 

Not even close, Download is pants.

6 hours ago, Andre91 said:

With 10 names? 

Well yes, I would already watch 7 names on the Reading line up.  Whereas Download I'd watch 6 and is shite lol

3 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

What a crazy conclusion to draw! It's a shame about Spiritbox as I would have liked to see them at Download, but the only other crossover artist is Blink, who I can take or leave. Other than that there is nothing to compare. And as for the rest of the Reading announcement... I thought it was uninspiring and a little bit sh*t! 

Reading's top 6 acts is probably the strongest they have booked since 2013, it's a little bit like Reading for the older fan.

25 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

That’s on you. If you’re looking at the 80 odd bands download have and are only seeing 6 you would watch, it says more about the scope of your tastes. I bet you haven’t even heard music by a ton of them. You should put the time in to try and discover something new. 

I shouldn't because headliners are what sells tickets and £300/£340 for 3/4 nights isn't worth it. Does it though?, or does the 21 bands Andy asked to headline say more about what he had to scrap to get due to his rules? £208 for Nova Rock including camping and parking which looks superior.

Edited by northernangel

1 hour ago, foolee said:

Limp Bizkit announced for Copenhell in June, strange Download haven’t booked them again. I wonder if they’ll end up at trees or slam dunk unless there’s another festival they could pop up at. 

There’s still space for them at Download. They could be doing Glastonbury though 

2 hours ago, callum97 said:

There’s still space for them at Download. They could be doing Glastonbury though 

I still think a UK Knotfest is a strong possibility. Several bands doing the festival circuit that aren't on any UK bill ATM. Guess it depends on whether Slipknot are gonna tour after Coreys solo run ends, they are doing a few US shows before it starts. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Very unusual for Download to have an announcement of a single band, with an updated poster too! I would guess ticket sales are on the poor side, so they decided to announce a 'big band' now to try and boost them. 

While it's a good addition, I think you're probably right. A big issue here is that they can announce bands you like through the card and lower down, but if you aren't a fan of the actual main headliner that day or the smaller stage that still runs then you're leaving early and that heavily contributes to is the price worth it. Unless Bizkit were Saturday it wouldn't benefit me at all...but that's only me.

• Upvote 1