Download 2024

FeverDream

25 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

I was gonna keep quiet as I don't wanna spoil the announcement more than I already have, especially considering it's tomorrow 😂 I've been sent the list of bands though. Made a Spotify playlist and been enjoying that on shuffle this morning

th.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

I was gonna keep quiet as I don't wanna spoil the announcement more than I already have, especially considering it's tomorrow 😂 I've been sent the list of bands though. Made a Spotify playlist and been enjoying that on shuffle this morning

I don’t exvlevt you to confirm anything (nor am I 100% that you’re honest) but from your wording there, can we take it that you’re rather happy with what you’ve seen?

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

Not having a go but at this point, why wouldn’t you just say? You’d be a lot more credible in years to come if your so called ‘sources’ are correct. 
Unless Andy Copping knows who you are personally and will ban you from ever attending again what do you have to lose?

Again, not having a go as I can certainly wait another day for the release but I just find posts like this slightly arrogant and childish. ‘Haha I know something you don’t know’

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Galactus said:

Not having a go but at this point, why wouldn’t you just say? You’d be a lot more credible in years to come if your so called ‘sources’ are correct. 
Unless Andy Copping knows who you are personally and will ban you from ever attending again what do you have to lose?

Again, not having a go as I can certainly wait another day for the release but I just find posts like this slightly arrogant and childish. ‘Haha I know something you don’t know’

Because (one reason, should speak for him) he's an active poster on the official forums, who have been explicitly telling people not to post this stuff, and are well aware of this board. Guy wants to keep his account there. 

Why do you think Lee has disappeared off the face of the earth? 

Edited by BenG92

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Because (one reason, should speak for him) he's an active poster on the official forums, who have been explicitly telling people not to post this stuff, and are well aware of this board. Guy wants to keep his account there. 

Embarrassment after getting the headliners wrong?

2 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Embarrassment after getting the headliners wrong?

Almost certain at this point that's Lee throwing a paddy and dropping complete (but very believable) nonsense to wind people up. He wasn't at all happy about his original forum ban. The idea that he's suddenly getting entirely naff info after years of ITK is a bit off to me. 

4 minutes ago, Galactus said:

It's a fair enough question though knowing the announcement 48 hours in advance isn't a massive deal. We'll all know tomorrow anyway

The main reason is the guy who told me asked me not to. He's a good mate of mine so intend on following that. I wasn't gonna mention it at all but someone else said they'd seen it and I really wanted to know what their opinion was!

The other reason is it could all be one big joke at my expense and I'll look like a complete clown 😂

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

It's a fair enough question though knowing the announcement 48 hours in advance isn't a massive deal. We'll all know tomorrow anyway

The main reason is the guy who told me asked me not to. He's a good mate of mine so intend on following that. I wasn't gonna mention it at all but someone else said they'd seen it and I really wanted to know what their opinion was!

The other reason is it could all be one big joke at my expense and I'll look like a complete clown 😂

Do you like it? Is there more pop punk than usual? 

14 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Understandable! I didn’t realise the official forums were so popular. 

6 minutes ago, crumbler said:

Which begs the question "why mention it at all?" 😋

You literally just deleted the sentence where I explained that.

29 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

I wasn't gonna mention it at all but someone else said they'd seen it and I really wanted to know what their opinion was!

I regret mentioning it, trust me 😂

1 hour ago, Galactus said:

To be honest many people do say go on, go on etc on here urging people to spill

1 hour ago, Judas Yeast said:

You literally just deleted the sentence where I explained that.

I regret mentioning it, trust me 😂

You learn after so long, just say nothing on here. Year after year I would come on and say headliners and other acts and year after year people would call you a liar the next year, the absolute best was when I confirmed Lost Prophets headlining a year in advance (before even the festival) and people STILL say that was lies and they were a last minute booking. 

They absolutely was not.

The other best one was when I said Muse were headlining V a year in advance and I had everyone under the sun saying it was wrong and when it was announced everyone just STFU and didn't cool.

Yeah there's some great people on here and most have sadly moved on due to the negativity on here but it's honestly just not worth the hassle dude.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

You learn after so long, just say nothing on here. Year after year I would come on and say headliners and other acts and year after year people would call you a liar the next year, the absolute best was when I confirmed Lost Prophets headlining a year in advance (before even the festival) and people STILL say that was lies and they were a last minute booking. 

They absolutely was not.

They weren’t a last minute booking, but they were a last minute bump up to headline. The original plan was for them to sub to Foo Fighters. 

Edit: I’m not doubting your info or calling you a liar, I know you’ve had good info.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

They absolutely was not.

The other best one was when I said Muse were headlining V a year in advance and I had everyone under the sun saying it was wrong and when it was announced everyone just STFU and didn't cool.

Yeah there's some great people on here and most have sadly moved on due to the negativity on here but it's honestly just not worth the hassle dude.

Yeah but I also kinda get it, I'd think I was a tosser too 😂 most people have been fine though, even the ones saying they don't believe me have been pretty fair about it. Only exception is when the headliners I mentioned were posted on Reddit when suddenly I got a few nutcases hurling insults at me in DMs. Thanks though! I've definitely learnt my lesson and I'll keep quiet more next time 

7 minutes ago, Judas Yeast said:

Yeah but I also kinda get it, I'd think I was a tosser too 😂 most people have been fine though, even the ones saying they don't believe me have been pretty fair about it. Only exception is when the headliners I mentioned were posted on Reddit when suddenly I got a few nutcases hurling insults at me in DMs. Thanks though! I've definitely learnt my lesson and I'll keep quiet more next time 

Well I for one appreciate you, your Yeastiness. Nice to have small teasers to create anticipation

26 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Well I for one appreciate you, your Yeastiness. Nice to have small teasers to create anticipation

Yeah I second this @Judas Yeast. The headliners aren't my thing so I'll probably be giving it a miss next year, but appreciate any info people bring to the party as it makes it so much easier to plan which festival you'll be doing next year when you know further in advance.

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

They weren’t a last minute booking, but they were a last minute bump up to headline. The original plan was for them to sub to Foo Fighters. 

Yeah, either they were originally booked to sub or Mr Copping is a liar. He said they had three very strong headliners booked that year all of whom dropped out. Pretty sure he's explicitly confirmed they were Rammstein (he said he was talking to the airport about fireworks they were that nailed on), Foo Fighters and RATM. He said Rammstein dropped out first and they approached Metallica. At one point they turned down KISS because they thought their headliners were so strong and then had to back peddle on that. IIRC Foos did stadiums and RATM did R+L that year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DuckyMcQuacks said:

Had a go at a prediction poster based around names that have been floating around, other festival lineups, who's touring, who's got new music etc. Some are probably off placement wise and some are probably wishful thinking but I can see a lot of these being there

DL24 prediction.jpg

Cooper wouldn't be on Friday as he's playing elsewhere that day, think the only day he's able to do is Sunday. Switch him and FFDP round and it fits more as FFDP are supporting Metallica on the Sunday.