Graspop 2023

Archi

3 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

That's not what I meant. I was just wondering whether they'd dare mimic Hellfest that gave PT a sub-headliner's spot before Iron Maiden. Probably not. Tbh I'd take PT over Disturbed any day but that's my personal taste of course and I know that they are a lot less popular.

Btw, if it's not BMTH, another possibility could be that they'll bring back KISS for one last (?) time...

Kiss are playing in Brussels on June 13th and it's far to be soldout. Then Hellfest on the 15th, Munich on 17th and in Poland on 19th. Don't see it as a possibility to cancel Brussels to add Graspop instead between 2 other shows. Maybe Kiss was a possiblity but Graspop planned other acts (still thinking about Ozzy).

All the potential headliners are taken somewhere else, not announced for any weird reasons (if it's BMTH or Evanescence) or were already on Graspop last year (Five Finger Death Punch and Judas Priest). The last-minute usual replacements like Scorpions or Within Temptation (both there in 2022) aren't available either. 

What an insane line-up. Especially in 2023 as AC/DC don't do festivals anymore. It looks like a line-up from the earlier 2000's or even late last century. I guess the festival gonna have 2 Main Stages? 

About Graspop, we already have Guns N Roses... and I think it's gonna be the only one (except if they book a surprise with Tool but I really doubt about it).

23 minutes ago, Archi said:

What an insane line-up. Especially in 2023 as AC/DC don't do festivals anymore. It looks like a line-up from the earlier 2000's or even late last century. I guess the festival gonna have 2 Main Stages? 

About Graspop, we already have Guns N Roses... and I think it's gonna be the only one (except if they book a surprise with Tool but I really doubt about it).

It this is organized in the same fashion as Desert Trip 2016, I guess we'll have a single main stage with two headliners performing each day. Other than that, probably nothing. They know they'll sell out, so I guess they don't see the point of spending more money on smaller artists, when they're (probably) already splashing out a huge amount of cash for these headliners.

Edited by polnico

47 minutes ago, polnico said:

It this is organized in the same fashion as Desert Trip 2016, I guess we'll have a single main stage with two headliners performing each day. Other than that, probably nothing. They know they'll sell out, so I guess they don't see the point of spending more money on smaller artists, when they're (probably) already splashing out a huge amount of cash for these headliners.

This festival in 2016 has been cancelled, right? 

I thought they gonna add some support bands. Too bad. It doesn't really feel as a festival then. Just a couple of sick shows in the same place on the same weekend. I thought about 2 Main Stages especially for the production stuff. 

Just now, Archi said:

This festival in 2016 has been cancelled, right? 

I thought they gonna add some support bands. Too bad. It doesn't really feel as a festival then. Just a couple of sick shows in the same place on the same weekend. I thought about 2 Main Stages especially for the production stuff. 

It wasn't cancelled, more advertised as a "one off" by Coachella co-founder, and I think that first edition was very succesfull. He said they would bring it back if there was a lineup "worth it". I guess this is a new iteration of the same thing and this lineup is "worth it", but I might be wrong.

Yes, 2016 was a huge success but the problem with these kind of events is that there are simply not enough big names that can justify being on the line up. So you just cant do this every year. PT chased Led Zep forever for this, nothing came out of that.

Now they went for more metal line up, also once in a lifetime thing. If i read right Black Sabbath were supposed to do this, but rest of the band didnt want to commit, so Ozzy solo will do this, probably his last show ever.

30 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Finally! Also Tom Morello first day.

FB1D4F42-40B5-40F0-B6DE-E3091062BFBD.jpeg

Unexpected names. Tom Morello is a nice surprise! 

Something must have gone wrong with Graspop's marketing dept. as they haven't announced anything yet. But the poster is available at Machine Head's bandsintown page.

• 3 weeks later...

So many clash. So many overlaps. So many wrong choices. Once again, Graspop...

They bring Machine Head for an exclu and they play only 1h15?! Billy TalentEnter Shikari or Hollywood Undead not on Main Stage. Put Lorna Shore and Chelsea Grin, some of the only deathcore bands, on the same time. Halestorm and Danko Jones clash. And it keeps going...

Thursday

Ghost - My Dying Bride

GNR - Cradle of Filth - As I Lay Dying - Carpenter Brut

Friday

Hatebreed - Fintroll

Municipal Waste - Orange Goblin

Saturday 

Rancid - Exodus

Pantera - Korpiklaani - Solstafir

Sunday

Skid Row - Insomnium - Greg Puciato

Generation Sex - Voivod

Hollywood Vampires - Coheed and Cambria

Motley Crue - Monster Magnet

I'm not a biggest fan of all bands, but man, It's my first time and I would like to see all of them and now I could only cry. So many clashes ffs

Edited by SweetJesus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was pretty great!

@SweetJesus I wanted to send you a message to maybe get a beer or something during down time but I completely forget about the existence of the outside world (and this forum lol) - I did meet a group of Croats where one older guy had a whole a national team jersey and talked for like 10 seconds lol

To me it seemed like all 3 "newer" bands that subheadlined proved they can headline in the future. Ghost (which I don't like in the studio), Gojira and Parkway Drive all put on an amazing show. Especially Gojira and Parkway Drive. But maybe I'm just romanticizing as I saw both in like 200 people rooms several times over the years lol

From other big bands - GnR were good expect Axl's voice, he seems he lost weight and is running around like 30 years ago but his voice is just gone, Slash and the setlist carried that show, even tho it was 3h it seemed tight to me.

Def Leppard was a good performance, the best of the classic rock era bands but I still hate those songs.

Motley Crue were just cringe, if Axl can't sing anymore then I don't know how to describe that, 90% of the words weren't even pronounced fully. Those 2 girls are probably there so you forget about everything else.

Slipknot, I thought the mix was really letting them down, I enjoyed the 2nd half quite a bit more than the first half.

But almost all of my highlights came from the smaller bands and stages - Code Orange, Katatonia, Behemoth (it was funny how their facepaint melted by the end in the sun), The Chats, Greg Puciato, Chelsea Grin...

Also, that Saturday seemed way busier than the rest even tho everything was sold out