2024 Festival

Chad888

I'll be honest, the more I think on it, the more I like the bill this year. It's got a nice spread going on. There's nothing particularly revolutionary about it, but they've tapped some zeitgeist firsts and got a bit of old-school flavour to keep the old hands like my generation a happy bunch.

1 minute ago, nathanh said:

Digga D raided for drug offences and has to appear in court, could we see him and Skrapz replaced or are we thinking they will stick around?

Bin them both off and replace them with decent artists. Give Killer Mike a bell. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Digga D raided for drug offences and has to appear in court, could we see him and Skrapz replaced or are we thinking they will stick around?

I hope so.

Acts like them, with their wide range of past offences and current ongoing legal troubles should not be given a spotlight in any circumstance.

I do think an act like Run the Jewels would be much better under them 'lights', on that stage.

Edit - or yeah, like Andrew said, Killer Mike.

Edited by Chad888
  • Upvote 1

On 2/23/2024 at 6:47 AM, Andre91 said:

We camped next to a huge group of genuinely absolutely lovely 18 year old lads from Wales back in 2022 and one of them got kicked out because he set his own little 2 man tent on fire. 

This could’ve very easily been us lol, the whole of sixth form went. 

5 hours ago, superhans said:

This could’ve very easily been us lol, the whole of sixth form went. 

That’ll be a mad coincidence if true! You weren’t in a group containing people named Owain, Arthur, Johnny, Finn and Kai, were you? 

Edited by Andre91

11 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That’ll be a mad coincidence if true! You weren’t in a group containing people named Owain, Arthur, Johnny, Finn and Kai, were you? 

Not us but I can assign most of those names to a group from Barry. Think we had someone kicked out for attempting to steal a gazebo rather than setting fire to their own tent 🤔

16 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Are Blink and Prodigy actually expected to clash then? What a cluster f**k of a decision that is, if it is the case.

I’d like to see blink but for me personally with this new stage I’d love to see prodigy on in pitch black but just being selfish 

18 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Are Blink and Prodigy actually expected to clash then? What a cluster f**k of a decision that is, if it is the case.

The perils of a decent festival lineup

37 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

A decent festival line up has depth. This is just clashing two of the headline acts. Feels like a huge waste of money on their part.

This is the definition of depth

Lots of people aren’t huge fans of Blink

The Prodigy are a great alternative for them

I wish there was as strong an alternative for me when Gallagher is on

5 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

It is in the headline spot. Personally i think the depth of the festival is demonstrated by quality lower down the line up. Putting two big names up against each other with little on lower down the line up feels like a waste of booking funds to me.

I’m guessing you’d also be complaining if there were 2 acts you didn’t happen to like headlining each stage…

And you’d have no such complaints if the Prodigy were up against another big artist that you had no interest in

The fact YOU happen to like both acts is annoying for you. It will be pleasing to many who don’t like Blink, which if you scroll back to the 2013 thread (or whenever they last played) are many

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Benj said:

I’m guessing you’d also be complaining if there were 2 acts you didn’t happen to like headlining each stage…

And you’d have no such complaints if the Prodigy were up against another big artist that you had no interest in

The fact YOU happen to like both acts is annoying for you. It will be pleasing to many who don’t like Blink, which if you scroll back to the 2013 thread (or whenever they last played) are many

Not really matey. I just think they've spent a lot of money to clash two acts in what is a relatively modest line up.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Not really matey. I just think they've spent a lot of money to clash two acts in what is a relatively modest line up.

Would you be complaining if they were clashing with Gerry Cinnamon or Fred Again?

Im far more horrified at potentially having to sit through Gerry Cinnamon, wish there was a massive clash there

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Would you be complaining if they were clashing with Gerry Cinnamon or Fred Again?

Im far more horrified at potentially having to sit through Gerry Cinnamon, wish there was a massive clash there

Hopefully Neck Deep’s tent headline set clashes with Gerry. It would make no sense having them clash with Blink and I think the organisers will know that. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Benj said:

Yes. The principle of my issue is that they're spending a lot of money on a handful of top artists and clashing them. I'd suggest not clashing those artists and spend that money further down the line up.

16 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Yes. The principle of my issue is that they're spending a lot of money on a handful of top artists and clashing them. I'd suggest not clashing those artists and spend that money further down the line up.

Fair enough, I disagree. For me a clash of two band you really want to see lower down is as annoying as at headline time. The size of the band does not matter.

I think it’s important to offer people a decent choice of headliner, there’s nothing worse than spending 300 quid and have your night end at 7pm.

Re the prodigy especially, you can’t have them playing at 6pm in an open air venue, it’s just not going to work.

Having Bou and Jorja Smith as the only alternatives to Blink, would also massively weaken the night for many…

I would kill for The Prodigy to clash with Gallagher on the Sunday

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Fair enough, I disagree. For me a clash of two band you really want to see lower down is as annoying as at headline time. The size of the band does not matter.

I think it’s important to offer people a decent choice of headliner, there’s nothing worse than spending 300 quid and have your night end at 7pm.

Re the prodigy especially, you can’t have them playing at 6pm in an open air venue, it’s just not going to work.

Having Bou and Jorja Smith as the only alternatives to Blink, would also massively weaken the night for many…

I would kill for The Prodigy to clash with Gallagher on the Sunday

This would be better than most recent years headliner clashes!

23 hours ago, Benj said:

It's more blink and the prodigy are both on the heavier and older end of this lineup so it's not unreasonable that people would be big fans of both. Though this year there's a case to be made for a crossover with all three headliners. I would however argue that blink and the prodigy are most likely to share a bigger proportion than the others though.