2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Did they lose space for tents?

Seems like it won't be an issue either way lol

Yup. Red is no longer available as a school was built there - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/begins-opening-secondary-school-reading-161958046.html

The implementation of posh camping etc there had obv already lowered camping capacity/ pushed more out towards white. 

I can only imagine expanding white into white car park (with associated loss of parking) is how they can increase camping capacity. (Although they didn’t use half of white last year due to the low sales anyway…)

Edited by Benj

44 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I'd really be intrigued to see how sales are doing, I think we have a few strong names but I can potentially see a lot of people waiting to see a poster to get a fuller picture of what the weekend will look like before purchasing. I myself would be doing that had I not got the loyalty presale because it was relatively cheap.

Yup. No brainer at 250 quid, less so at 350. 

7 minutes ago, Benj said:

Yup. Red is no longer available as a school was built there - https://uk.news.yahoo.com/begins-opening-secondary-school-reading-161958046.html

The implementation of posh camping etc there had obv already lowered camping capacity/ pushed more out towards white. 

I can only imagine expanding white into white car park (with associated loss of parking) is how they can increase camping capacity. (Although they didn’t use half of white last year due to the low sales anyway…)

Ah yeah, forgot that.

If they need to they will be able to claw back space from somewhere. I've not been for a few years but didn't the campsite silent discos go? Surely that frees up some space

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

Ah yeah, forgot that.

If they need to they will be able to claw back space from somewhere. I've not been for a few years but didn't the campsite silent discos go? Surely that frees up some space

Nope they’re still there I think, they also built the stupid “Lounge” thing too which swallows up more camping 

4 hours ago, Benj said:

Nope they’re still there I think, they also built the stupid “Lounge” thing too which swallows up more camping 

Nope no silent discos in the campsites. The lounge was literally tiny, took up hardly any room.

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Nope no silent discos in the campsites. The lounge was literally tiny, took up hardly any room.

You are of course correct, although the one previously in Red offered no space back as such but was also not camping space gone.

Reckon the lounge takes up at least a 1/3rd of what was gained by the silent disco moving though. Do you happen to know what will become of the lounge this year? Seems like a complete waste of money to me compared to VIP at other fesitval (foreign if not in UK). They should at least offer expedited entry to the Site and Arena and a view of at least one of the stages. No idea why people would pay otherwise...

Gained space circled in Orange. The lounge is in south Green above the 1 extra

image.thumb.png.a9722a274af22ef07a8774fd5644abf3.png

Lost/ unused spaced space, if the Red and Camping plus crossed out now being filled by the guest and accessible..

image.thumb.png.7dc5ade1fd7e31d58d31cb86cf1c367c.png

Edited by Benj

With the next announcement surely coming soon here's my prediction. 

received_707542098150635.thumb.png.002c0191107308773e7d3f32cd7d7fbf.png

Also playing: AntsLive, Bad Nerves, Blondshell, Corella, Dead Poet Society, Dead pony, Deijuvh, Dream State, Flowerovlove, Glasvegas, Hak Baker, Hannah Laing, Heavy delta, Hybrid Minds, Issey Cross, Jazzy, Kneecap, Lauren Hibberd, Lauren Spencer-Smith, Loathe, Nemzzz, Newdad, Overmono, Pip Blom, Say She She, Songer, Sonny Fodera, Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers, The Mysterines, The Plot in You, Wilkinson.

17 minutes ago, p0sterb0y said:

With the next announcement surely coming soon here's my prediction. 

received_707542098150635.thumb.png.002c0191107308773e7d3f32cd7d7fbf.png

Also playing: AntsLive, Bad Nerves, Blondshell, Corella, Dead Poet Society, Dead pony, Deijuvh, Dream State, Flowerovlove, Glasvegas, Hak Baker, Hannah Laing, Heavy delta, Hybrid Minds, Issey Cross, Jazzy, Kneecap, Lauren Hibberd, Lauren Spencer-Smith, Loathe, Nemzzz, Newdad, Overmono, Pip Blom, Say She She, Songer, Sonny Fodera, Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers, The Mysterines, The Plot in You, Wilkinson.

I don't see why you would book those undercards for a Liam and Catfish day. On the flip side, it would only cost me a day ticket. 

On 1/25/2024 at 8:28 PM, Andre91 said:

If you take a look across Europe at festival lineups, I think most are having years that could be considered weaker. 

May just be that as so many big names toured at the same time in 2022 thanks to 2020/21 being write-offs and some acts previously considered festival locks are either doing own shows or scaled down tours.

4 hours ago, northernangel said:

I don't see why you would book those undercards for a Liam and Catfish day. On the flip side, it would only cost me a day ticket. 

The pain of no proper second stage. You can’t sell weekend tickets to kids with a full day’s lineup tuned to LG and CATBM fans 

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think its more you can't sell Reading weekend tickets to kids because their now era wants rap, hip hip etc etc.

As discussed upstream. It’s the quandary they now have with not being able to program decent alternatives for the many audiences who attend.

Everyone is going to have large parts of the day with nothing to see in the 2 main stage era.

Hence it being hard for me to sell to people who used to go regularly…

As predicted on that poster the top 8 main stage(s) act hold zero interest. The FR would have to do a lot of heavy lifting for me to consider a weekend ticket… 

4 minutes ago, RedJosh said:

The 21 Savage booking looks like an even better catch with him headlining Wireless

It’s an interesting one for sure, as it’s sure to Canabalise sales. 

It suggests they had/ have no one else at all to prop up that Boomer Sunday at Reading and make it slightly appealing to the kids.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:45 AM, northernangel said:

To sell weekend tickets - like every year

LG, Catfish and Fontaines on the same day should really be enough to sell it - well it would be if it wasn't £130 for a day ticket now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

To sell weekend tickets - like every year

LG, Catfish and Fontaines on the same day should really be enough to sell it - well it would be if it wasn't £130 for a day ticket now

Fontaines?

1 hour ago, Bring Da Ruckus said:

When do we expect the next announcement and poster? feels like ages since we’ve heard anything, it was late February last year when we got a substantial announcement but they had also announced a lot more in the first one.

I should think middle of Feb most likely