2024 Festival

Chad888

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Are you predicting they're going to cut the mains stages by yet another act this year Chaddy?

Will only be 2 more years until they're back to the initial single main stage number at that point

2 main stages (6 acts each) and a big tent (10 acts). 66 acts across the whole weekend.

Those include the annual bookings of 1975, Becky Hill, Wombats, Fallout Boy, Vaccines, Bastille.

The last time they had 1 Main Stage and a big tent was 5 festivals ago. In 2024 the people that remember it from when they were teens will be mid 20s.

That tent is gone I feel, long gone.  

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Are you predicting they're going to cut the mains stages by yet another act this year Chaddy?

Will only be 2 more years until they're back to the initial single main stage number at that point

Shrinkflation in action, soon you’ll be able to watch 26.7% fewer acts while supping a 330ml can of warm lager

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

reckon they'll add acts in a few weeks tbh - sell on this selection of 10 fairly big / high quality acts then fill the lineup out with a ton of shite with a few new names people do want and go again

The posts earlier today in the broadcast channel led me to believe that we would be getting something today but the longer they leave it the more I'm thinking they are taking this approach to create a second largeish wave of excitement post the immediate rush for tickets based on the names we already have dies down.

EDIT: Could potentially be they will want to announce something closer to/just after Christmas to get the teenagers to spend their christmas money on that?

Edited by nathanh

I know it’s only an isolated occurrence but this lineup has attracted back some older heads already. My mate is wanting to do it for his stag do and there’s about 12 of us who are up for it. He hasn’t been to Leeds himself since 2014 and most of the lads haven’t been in the last 5 years. 

Edited by Andre91

3 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I know it’s only an isolated occurrence but this lineup has attracted back some older heads already. My mate is wanting to do it for his stag do and there’s about 12 of us who are up for it. He hasn’t been to Leeds himself since 2014 and most of the lads haven’t been in the last 5 years. 

It’s a steady set of headliners if you’re into guitars which is what a lot of people our age will say has been missing lately. Think the rest of the lineup will be as weak as last year but generally it’s a decent start.

People will moan at Gerry and Catfish they’re good Festival acts. I’d have them over Imagine Dragons and Lewis Capaldi any day.

1 minute ago, Jack.194 said:

No chance are we getting more names today, even if we get a poster. Why would they hold a load of names back and just announce headliners + a few more only to announce more names a couple days later 

Not that I think we will anymore but I dont think its completely unheard of or crazy to consider it was exactly what they did in 2021.

41 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My group, already down to just 3 lat time, aren’t having any of it, despite being massive blink fans.

Too burned from hanging around being forced to listen to sh*t half the day.

See what any stage changes may bring… 

39 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t think we will get anything else this week. This is the most positively received initial announcement I’ve seen in ages. They’re going to have no problem shifting tickets this week, even with only 10 acts announced. 

The lineup, whilst not to my particular tastes, is a big deal and the response shows that. Hopefully it shows FR how much exclusivity and big names can do for sales and excitement. Will be interesting to not see them put some form of poster out before ticket sales however.

FRI

MSE //  Blink 182 >> Prodigy >> Soft Play

MSW // Gerry Cinnamon >> The Wombats >> Spiritbox

SAT

MSE //  Fred Again.. >> Yungblud >> Giggs

MSW //  Lana Del Ray >> Raye >> Digga D

SUN

MSE //  Liam Gallagher >> The Kid Laroi >> Skrillex

MSW // Catfish & the Bottlemen >> The Libertines >> Headie One