2024 Festival

Chad888

6 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

Came from my source who is reliable. I did post yesterday though saying he’d told me Eminem was out. Not sure where prodigy are

Ahh no worries. Thanks for clarifying. Just waiting / wondering for any signs that Eminem is actively going to do shows again. I guess if he was in talks he’s at least thinking about it! 

7 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Can’t be LDR doing MSE when LG did it in 2021, especially when Lana did the second stage at Glasto last year

Liam subbed pyramid in 2019, Fred subbed Other this year (at his request). Glasto is a different fest. 

Not saying I'm right, just interested to see how this shakes out, because in my mind they've got 4 headliners. Bit like the AM/BMTH situation, one of these days is gonna sell out much quicker than the others

7 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Liam subbed pyramid in 2019, Fred subbed Other this year (at his request). Glasto is a different fest. 

Not saying I'm right, just interested to see how this shakes out, because in my mind they've got 4 headliners. Bit like the AM/BMTH situation, one of these days is gonna sell out much quicker than the others

Yeah there’s definitely some that are much easier to place than others. It is kinda 4 and 2 with LG, Blink, Fred Again, LDR // Catfish, Gerry

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

This keeps happening. Sleep Token subbing Yung Lean in the 4th tent for 45 minutes this year. Mental. 

I get it - bands want to switch up their festivals and Reading/Leeds wants to retain at least some element of heavy music to appease the rock fans - but it’s always to the detriment of Download and the bands just end up playing to nobody or a totally uninterested crowd. 

Expect both Sleep Token and Spiritbox to get sh*t hot billing next time they’re at Download - third main Spiritbox, main sub/second headliner for Sleep Token. 

4 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

I get it - bands want to switch up their festivals and Reading/Leeds wants to retain at least some element of heavy music to appease the rock fans - but it’s always to the detriment of Download and the bands just end up playing to nobody or a totally uninterested crowd. 

Expect both Sleep Token and Spiritbox to get sh*t hot billing next time they’re at Download - third main Spiritbox, main sub/second headliner for Sleep Token. 

2024 is probably a good year for R&L to get a couple bigger rock artists and get that crowd away from DL. A lottt of people are disappointed with DL lineup, so they should definitely pounce on that. Especially with Blink, that’s a big pull away from DL

24 minutes ago, deadash321 said:

Ahh no worries. Thanks for clarifying. Just waiting / wondering for any signs that Eminem is actively going to do shows again. I guess if he was in talks he’s at least thinking about it! 

It would have made me consider a weekend ticket if he was there but there’s only really Blink for me. 

4 minutes ago, Keese46uk said:

I was told the info yesterday, so I’m surprised they aren’t there. I’m sure they’d be one of the 6 headliners if they were there

Fair play - Gerry reeks of a last minute replacement given he was subbing 2 years ago and hasn't done anything since. 

Shame, Prodigy would've made that 6 look even better