2024 Festival

Chad888

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Last year I wanted Killers, Foals, Nothing but Thieves and Wet Leg on the same day, and could've accepted others who were around like Frank Turner, Amazons, Holly Humberstone and Inhaler. So, not to say you should prepare for disappointment but... that.

My first was 2007, so it'll be 17 years of disappointment celebrated!

Edited by Yellow_Fellow
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gejonimo said:

Most tweets of headliners are at around 90k views. Lana is at 111k. Catfish is at nearly 400k. Also, the Catfish one has more interactions by a mile.

Now I know it shouldn't be boiled down to that, but...

Catfish is trending on Twitter as well. Likely from a lot of people like me who didn't know they were still going. Or indeed still going at an R&L headline level.

Just now, Gejonimo said:

Most tweets of headliners are at around 90k views. Lana is at 111k. Catfish is at nearly 400k. Also, the Catfish one has more interactions by a mile.

Not a great comparison when one of the acts has been inactive since September 2021. Of course the band that many thought was dead announcing a comeback will get the most interest out of the gate. 

1 minute ago, Gejonimo said:

they did really well there, just dropping it on social media rather than the radio and getting the hysteria directly

3 minutes ago, VCK2 said:

People might find Liam playing again to be an uninspiring booking but if he's playing Definitely Maybe in full that'll be a cracker of a headline set.

I mean you can say it’s uninspiring but he’s one of the biggest names on the planet rn his tour sold out in less than an hour so he’ll sell a shedload of tickets

1 minute ago, dhtjmnd12 said:

Fred Again/Catfish

Lana Del Rey/Liam Gallagher 

Blink-182/Gerry Cinnamon 

This is how it seems to be coming across on the websites/emails etc, if that’s the case what if they’ve scrapped the two stages because this split could definitely split the crowds and probably fairly evenly 

Liam Gallagher is the biggest artist on the lineup. He isn’t playing second fiddle to anybody. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Liam Gallagher is the biggest artist on the lineup. He isn’t playing second fiddle to anybody. 

Wouldn't be so sure... 

They've fixed the Leeds site now, Fred back up at the top to match Reading, you don't edit it unless it's a mistake! 

image.png

19 hours ago, omarara said:

I don't know why every person in this thread give eminem for sure at R&L, can someone explain to me why?

13 minutes ago, deadash321 said:

Does anyone know what happened to the Eminem info? Reckon he pulled out and is maybe planning his own shows, or did it not come from a reliable source in the first place? 

Came from my source who is reliable. I did post yesterday though saying he’d told me Eminem was out. Not sure where prodigy are

Liam did take a sub slot at Glasto the other year when he had already pretty much established himself as a headliner at other major festivals so maybe he is more humble than people think, and is willing to take a co-headline slot.