2024 Festival

Chad888

3 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I'm certain Catfish were rumoured and discussed in theire latest format to headline. I can see them being that 3rd MSW headliner alongside Paramore and Fred Again. That makes it very 2021 when it sold out in half an hour.

It doesn’t, really, considering Paramore and Fred didn’t play that year. 

4 hours ago, Chad888 said:

I'm certain Catfish were rumoured and discussed in theire latest format to headline. I can see them being that 3rd MSW headliner alongside Paramore and Fred Again. That makes it very 2021 when it sold out in half an hour.

I nearly suggested this the other day. For an indie band that would sell Reading tickets, you're about on the money with them age wise of the festival too. If they were planning any of their own dates earlier in the year they would have been released by now surely?, I can see Glastonbury booking them again as they were clearly a liked option. 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I nearly suggested this the other day. For an indie band that would sell Reading tickets, you're about on the money with them age wise of the festival too. If they were planning any of their own dates earlier in the year they would have been released by now surely?, I can see Glastonbury booking them again as they were clearly a liked option. 

If they do their own headline gigs in H1 2024 it’ll be Victoria Warehouse, Brum O2 Academy, Ally Pally size gigs that’ll sell out instantly, a bit like Kasabian did when they restarted without Tom. Something to build some hype again. I’d expect them to headliner Neighbourhood Weekender.

If they do play R&L I could see Catfish subbing a stage, big crowd pleaser but they won’t be the same as they were. Could open it up to a dark fruits day with  bands like Courteeners, Blossoms etc also appearing.

42 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If they do their own headline gigs in H1 2024 it’ll be Victoria Warehouse, Brum O2 Academy, Ally Pally size gigs that’ll sell out instantly, a bit like Kasabian did when they restarted without Tom. Something to build some hype again. I’d expect them to headliner Neighbourhood Weekender.

If they do play R&L I could see Catfish subbing a stage, big crowd pleaser but they won’t be the same as they were. Could open it up to a dark fruits day with  bands like Courteeners, Blossoms etc also appearing.

Neughbourhood is a good shout

10 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm a little surprised the existence of duel-main stages has not yet seen Courteeners get the nod. I'd assumed, after Capaldi pulled out, they would have been in the mix for pairing The Killers. (The 1975, clearly, are a bigger get despite being there a year before.)

They’re not selling tickets at Reading in the 2020s

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'm a little surprised the existence of duel-main stages has not yet seen Courteeners get the nod. I'd assumed, after Capaldi pulled out, they would have been in the mix for pairing The Killers. (The 1975, clearly, are a bigger get despite being there a year before.)

Part of me believes The 1975 were going to do a secret set just doing their debut album and then Capaldi pulled out so they got bumped up to doing a full headline set including the debut album.

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

When do we think we’ll get an announcement? Managed to convince a few friends to go for a day ticket on the Blink day (driven almost exclusively by nostalgia), just hoping they’re definitely there now!

would imagine late november/early december

On 10/31/2023 at 9:53 PM, Andre91 said:

A Day To Remember are supposedly coming to Europe in August. They’d be a very ‘Blink day’ booking.

Spiritbox are also supposedly only touring Europe in August but haven’t been announced for Bloodstock so I could see them getting booked for R&L too as they’re a very zeitgeist heavy booking in the same style of Sleep Token and Knocked Loose this year. 

Where you seen this @Andre91?

On 10/31/2023 at 8:36 AM, Will b said:

Other than paramore, what are some seriously possible female or female-including headliners?

Completely missed this...

SZA, Olivia Rodrigo, Cardi B, Dua Lipa, Doja Cat, Lizzo, Florence + The Machine, Nicki Minaj, Miley Cyrus, Jorja Smith, Lana Del Rey.

Obvs not just for next year, but just in general as a scope-

SZA- Massive artist at the moment with no signs of slowing down any time soon, very popular sold out arena tour, would go down well with the crowd and shift tickets pretty swiftly

Olivia Rodrigo- Same as above

Cardi B- Would be an interesting choice for R&L (especially when she usually does Wireless) but wouldn't rule it out, does put on a decent show at least

Dua Lipa- Obvs heavily rumoured for Glasto, but don't see why she couldn't another year, cracking tunes and performer

Doja Cat- Barely toured the UK, popular artist, would shift tickets fairly well I'd imagine

Lizzo- Smashed her set at Glastonbury, on her next tour could see them potentially going for her

Florence + The Machine- Not as big these days as the others, but I'm sure would please the indie crowd

Nicki Minaj- More likely to just do her own things, but wouldn't rule out

Miley Cyrus- Same as above, would be a massive get though, but she doesn't perform often

Jorja Smith- Headlined Boardmasters and some EU fests, certainly on the smaller side, and could even sub/special guest, but defo a cheaper option if needed

Lana Del Rey- Would be a very left-field choice, not sure how it would go down, very unlikely, but an option at least

On 10/31/2023 at 3:07 PM, Gejonimo said:

Here's something to tear to pieces

Main Stage East
Friday
Eminem > Jamie T > Bugzy Malone
Saturday
Blink 182 > Yungblud > bbno$
Sunday
Closing set from Fred Again... > Liam Gallagher > Bloc Party > The Sherlocks

Main Stage West
Friday
Royal Blood > The Hunna > Maisie Peters
Saturday
Catfish & The Bottlemen > Creeper > The Blackout
Sunday
Paramore > Don Broco > Kate Nash

On 10/31/2023 at 7:01 PM, Aromaticmusic1 said:

Where have these rumours come from 

Surely no Liam since he’s just sold out a tour in august in uk? Hard to believe he’ll still be here in august and also surely he’d headline over Fred
and as far as I know catfish are broken up ?

In the prediction above Fred Again is meant to be a closing set (its quite common at IOW and Latitude - probably others too), ie a dj after the main headliner

Liam Gallagher is the last act who'd accept that kind of thing

On 11/1/2023 at 3:39 AM, Chad888 said:

I don't think they were rumoured to headline, just were about in 2024

22 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

If they get offered it they'd take reading headline 100%

Neighbourhood Weekender is massive and would kill all hype - those smaller gigs sound like the best bet to me

34 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

It’s been what, 24 hours since I asked for a dark fruits R&L day featuring Blossoms? Went well 😂

You’ve practically got a day of it if you fancy going to “15 mins away from Stockport”

2 hours ago, RandomEnglishPerson said:

who's going isle of Wight then...

Loads of old gammon boomers in camp chairs, if it’s like usual

(never been so that may be harsh, just based on a few horrific vlogs I’ve seen)