Taylor swift

brettredmayne

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

They’ll just add extra dates, surely

I think she’ll try for the Wembley tour record (Take That’s 8 nights for a £38m total gross in 2011) with another three nights after the current stretch in August, hence why the London dates are split. No basis for saying that apart from her appetite for setting new records and the level of demand

Just now, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Now seen multiple people say that you can spread the four ticket limit across multiple shows. Think that’ll be our strategy, really can’t bear to risk not getting any for Cardiff. 

I had a back and forth on Reddit with someone as that was my reading of the FAQ, but they were adamant the code was used up after the first transaction, even if it's for less than 4 tickets. Didn't seem to get anywhere yesterday on who was correct. Is there something concrete to suggest you can spread the tickets? If so, I'd go for two seating right away to get tickets confirmed, and then keep trying for some golden circle ones at another show if they're available.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I had a back and forth on Reddit with someone as that was my reading of the FAQ, but they were adamant the code was used up after the first transaction, even if it's for less than 4 tickets. Didn't seem to get anywhere yesterday on who was correct. Is there something concrete to suggest you can spread the tickets? If so, I'd go for two seating right away to get tickets confirmed, and then keep trying for some golden circle ones at another show if they're available.

I feel like if tickets can be split, it increases the odds of bad characters buying 2 for one date for themselves and then trying to get 2 for a separate date to resell. 

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Outside of a few dates I can't see many more being added, maybe 2-3 after the pre sale but I think the extras that were just added are it.

Yeah that's my thinking. The registration/pre sale codes gauged the demand and they've reacted to that. There won't be any surprises from now in terms of the "overwhelming demand".

Just now, chazwwe said:

I feel like if tickets can be split, it increases the odds of bad characters buying 2 for one date for themselves and then trying to get 2 for a separate date to resell. 

Oh yeah definitely, it would be a pretty horrible idea IMO. I just didn't think the FAQ was clear in the slightest and it was vague enough to make me think it could be possible. I like the idea of limiting it as much as possible so every genuine fan (as much as that can be judged!) gets a shot at seeing her once on this tour. They've made some effort to do that, so hopefully as many people with a pre-sale and main sale code are successful!

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

It’s the fact they took the line about it out of the T&Cs that has convinced me it’ll be possible. Might just be an error though. 

11 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I think she’ll try for the Wembley tour record (Take That’s 8 nights for a £38m total gross in 2011) with another three nights after the current stretch in August, hence why the London dates are split. No basis for saying that apart from her appetite for setting new records and the level of demand

Yep. As you say she’s already at six so wouldn’t be much of a stretch to add three more. And then maybe one more in each of the countries which currently only have one or two shows (Spain, Wales, Portugal, Italy). 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah that's my thinking. The registration/pre sale codes gauged the demand and they've reacted to that. There won't be any surprises from now in terms of the "overwhelming demand".

Looking at this. Most dates have 3-4 day break in between. 4 days especially when moving country.

I can see an extra Spain date being added 29/05. I can see a London date being added 24/06 (giving 3 days between Ireland). I can see MAYBE 1 Cardiff date being added on the 19/06 but that only gives 1 day break before a a run of 3 shows. As for the August ones, The Weeknd is playing on the 18th of August in Wembley, so I imagine that's the the lot. Possibly a 14/08 date as there's nothing in the stadium at that time. 

I think the shows listed are the ones we're getting. 

image.thumb.png.301b7af938fb09e9a15183f0723cf55d.png

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It’s the fact they took the line about it out of the T&Cs that has convinced me it’ll be possible. Might just be an error though. 

It's not clear in the slightest. I mean this definitely reads like the code has 4 uses on it, and it's not just one transaction:

6. The pre-sale access code is personal to you and cannot be used by or transferred to anyone else. You will have the opportunity to purchase a maximum of 4 (four) tickets per access code.

We'll see!

My question though - I don't recall doing this, but I must have signed up for the no purchase option as well as buying the record, so I've got two codes on two different email addresses. It's very clear about one code per person, and Ticketmaster actually says they can cancel any/all tickets if individuals buy more than 4 tickets and they check it against billing info, card used etc. I was going to give the other code away to someone, but dunno if they'll somehow figure out they were both my codes? My two email addresses are essentially my name, so it's pretty obvious 😄

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

It's not clear in the slightest. I mean this definitely reads like the code has 4 uses on it, and it's not just one transaction:

6. The pre-sale access code is personal to you and cannot be used by or transferred to anyone else. You will have the opportunity to purchase a maximum of 4 (four) tickets per access code.

We'll see!

My question though - I don't recall doing this, but I must have signed up for the no purchase option as well as buying the record, so I've got two codes on two different email addresses. It's very clear about one code per person, and Ticketmaster actually says they can cancel any/all tickets if individuals buy more than 4 tickets and they check it against billing info, card used etc. I was going to give the other code away to someone, but dunno if they'll somehow figure out they were both my codes? My two email addresses are essentially my name, so it's pretty obvious 😄

The codes are linked to email addresses - the email explaining the AXS/TM split was very specific on this, hence the 'Action Required' in the subject telling you to make sure you were signed up to the specified platform with that exact email address. Each code can only be used with the account linked to that email address, presumably to avoid codes being given away. (You could of course give away a TM account with that email address at the same time)

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

We'll see!

Yeah I wouldn’t chance it personally 

4 minutes ago, Drinky said:

The codes are linked to email addresses - the email explaining the AXS/TM split was very specific on this, hence the 'Action Required' in the subject telling you to make sure you were signed up to the specified platform with that exact email address. Each code can only be used with the account linked to that email address, presumably to avoid codes being given away. (You could of course give away a TM account with that email address at the same time)

Yeah I've got TM accounts linked to each email, so I was going to give my mate my log in. Don't think I'll chance it though!

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

You’re right! It’s on! Three more nights! Three more nights!

I think we're pretty much nailed on to get at least 2 more Wembley nights, after the end of what's currently been announced.  

LA went up to 5 nights at the end of the US run, then randomly announced a 6th night last week (for a show in 5 weeks from now).   Could easily see the same for the Wembley August run.

1 hour ago, st dan said:

Are any acts offering like a subscription membership service for ‘£x per year’ and that gets you some merchandise, discount from album sale etc, and then first access to any tour dates? Similar to how football clubs operate I guess. 

Could definitely see that the route these mega artists go down in future. Guaranteed revenue stream, and means they don’t have to bother with this album and presale faffing. 

The National have a membership with an exclusive vinyl every year and pre-sale access to tour dates among other things, I believe. Not sure if it would be worth it or not really, the vinyl is the main sell there.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Any idea when the venue maps and ticket prices will come out for non-Anfield shows then? Or are we just waiting until the first presale?

The Anfield and Wembley ones have been taken down from Ticketmaster again now, presumably because they were wrong as we suspected. Hopefully over the weekend they’ll produce the right ones.

2 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

The Anfield and Wembley ones have been taken down from Ticketmaster again now, presumably because they were wrong as we suspected. Hopefully over the weekend they’ll produce the right ones.

Ah I missed the Wembley one. Was it similar stuff to Anfield? Maybe they saw us remark how reasonable the prices were and are tacking on an extra 20%.

8 minutes ago, jparx said:

Ah I missed the Wembley one. Was it similar stuff to Anfield? Maybe they saw us remark how reasonable the prices were and are tacking on an extra 20%.

They didn’t even have any prices on - the Wembley diagram was the weird one with seats supposedly right round the back of the stage which provoked that dreary conversation last night. Was almost certainly gonna be wrong and so it has proved. 

IMG_7795.jpeg