Taylor swift

brettredmayne

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Whatever, Eminem is a bigger ticket seller than Kendrick too so the point still stands.

And as others have pointed out, the GNR info specifically named Elton too.

Mad how quick you’ve changed your tune from calling the exact same rumours baseless the other day haha.

I just have a real bad feeling. Also lots of my group are bailing before ticket day.

Just looks like things are going in a weird direction.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just have a real bad feeling. Also lots of my group are bailing before ticket day.

Just looks like things are going in a weird direction.

Because 1 act is different from what you were hoping you're worried about the direction of the whole festival? If she's not available she's not available, not much the festival can do. They're still booking huge acts, it's not like GNR are some weird bump up or anything. She'll probably headline in 2024 along with some other zeitgeist act and you'll be saying Glastonbury have done it again etc etc. They can't smash it to your tastes every year.

If people are bailing on tickets this year it'll generally be due to cost of living/increase in price rather than anything to do with the lineup.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Because 1 act is different from what you were hoping you're worried about the direction of the whole festival? If she's not available she's not available, not much the festival can do. They're still booking huge acts, it's not like GNR are some weird bump up or anything. She'll probably headline in 2024 along with some other more zeitgeist act and you'll be saying Glastonbury have done it again etc etc. They can't smash it to your tastes every year.

If people are bailing on tickets this year it'll generally be due to cost of living/increase in price rather than anything to do with the lineup.

Tbh if it was Dua or Rihanna or Adele or Beyoncé or Lady Gaga I wouldn’t think as deeply about it.

But a top three of AM, GNR, Eminem/Elton really really makes me think whether I want to spend £350. I’ve been to Glastonbury 6 times. I love it. But things are hard right now. It’s a blow.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Tbh if it was Dua or Rihanna or Adele or Beyoncé or Lady Gaga I wouldn’t think as deeply about it.

But a top three of AM, GNR, Eminem/Elton really really makes me think whether I want to spend £350. I’ve been to Glastonbury 6 times. I love it. But things are hard right now. It’s a blow.

Sure but I'm assuming none of them are available/want to do it. It's fine if it's not to your tastes - it's not to mine either. But I know the lineup will be amazing as a whole, I'm personally really not that arsed if none of the Pyramid headliners appeal to me.

Not trying to tell you you should like the trio or whatever, obviously you're gonna be upset if Swift is out. Just don't believe you'd be getting a Glastonbury ticket just cos of her.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I know it's a cop out response but plenty of other stages and banging acts will be on the bill. Whoever graces headlines the pyramid next year isn't the end of the world.

I do think next year as a whole could be a weak year for big headliners at festivals, the current announced headliners at Rock Werchter so far leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe it's just gonna be slim pickings next year. Will be interested to see who else will be active next year as the months go on.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sure but I'm assuming none of them are available/want to do it. It's fine if it's not to your tastes - it's not to mine either. But I know the lineup will be amazing as a whole, I'm personally really not that arsed if none of the Pyramid headliners appeal to me.

Not trying to tell you you should like the trio or whatever, obviously you're gonna be upset if Swift is out. Just don't believe you'd be getting a Glastonbury ticket just cos of her.

I’ve given other reasons though. Increase in cost. The general squeeze that it’s being felt.

It just doesn’t give me a huge amount of enthusiasm to put the money down.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’ve given other reasons though. Increase in cost. The general squeeze that it’s being felt.

It just doesn’t give me a huge amount of enthusiasm to put the money down.

Fair enough.

14 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

She could do something like Wembley and the millennium in late August/September I guess

That's what it's looking like.

My guess it she's going to wait until 2024 for Glastonbury and it just didn't align.

If we got Arctics, GNR and Eminem then I'd love it. Paramore under Arctics, Pulp under GNR and Nick Cave under Eminem. The Prodigy against Arctics, Doja Cat against GNR, QOTSA against Eminem.

If I got The Prodigy, Paramore, Pulp, GNR and Eminem in my top closing acts I can't complain really.

Edited by thewayiam

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

That's what it's looking like.

My guess it she's going to wait until 2024 for Glastonbury and it just didn't align.

If we got Arctics, GNR and Eminem then I'd love it. Paramore under Arctics, Pulp under GNR and Nick Cave under Eminem. The Prodigy against Arctics, Doja Cat against GNR, QOTSA against Eminem.

Not a chance that there'll only be one 'new' act in the top 9 slots.