Taylor swift

brettredmayne

I like Paramore's Burning Down The House cover. Can I be jealous they seem to be doing it for this tour - and actually have quite a cool routine for it - and not doing their own UK shows?

... admittedly this may be projection given that a logistical conflict meant I couldn't go to their UK arena shows last year.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I like Paramore's Burning Down The House cover. Can I be jealous they seem to be doing it for this tour - and actually have quite a cool routine for it - and not doing their own UK shows?

... admittedly this may be projection given that a logistical conflict meant I couldn't go to their UK arena shows last year.

I’m down for them doing that cover, but I’m very much not down for both Decode and Misery Business being bumped from the setlist. 

1 hour ago, FloopFiller said:

I’m down for them doing that cover, but I’m very much not down for both Decode and Misery Business being bumped from the setlist. 

Tbf they talked about dropping Misery Business before. Presumably both can be options to rotate into the setlist given that a 45 minute set has scope to drop songs in and out.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:15 PM, FloopFiller said:

Might just leave after Wildest Dreams **

** okay I definitely won’t, but not exactly stoked about that final hour of mid albums, even if she does seem to have picked some of the more notable songs from both.

Saw her yesterday. Thought the same as you beforehand, but TTPD might be the best era of the set visually speaking. Production was unreal.

Midnights was kind of dud though. You could feel people were exhausted. 

She did Folkmore dirty and I’m not sure combining both eras as one was a positive thing…

Still a great experience overall. 

Edited by VCF
  • Upvote 1

On 5/11/2024 at 12:18 PM, FloopFiller said:

I clocked there's a rotation spot and sure enough Decode appeared in it tonight. So that's something I guess.

On 5/10/2024 at 3:40 PM, Fleetwood_Mac_And_Cheese said:

Weirdly I'm in a very different boat. Lover as an opening to me (with the exception of Cruel Summer) is a rough start but Midnights I think from start to finish may be in her top three albums. 

Guessing from your user we're both in the exact same boat when it comes to the opener though (I genuinely cannot wait to see Paramore again). 

Oh god yes, we’re going out of our way to make sure we’re there in time for Paramore’s set. Will be great. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you are going to Lisbon tomorrow queue early, absolute shambles, also not letting in power banks 

In the stadium now but with about 3000 people with Paramore due in 15 minutes 

Started queuing at 3.30

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is that specific to Lisbon or standard for all shows?

No idea saw alot in a bin and people being asked to throw them

53 minutes ago, pryce said:

If you are going to Lisbon tomorrow queue early, absolute shambles, also not letting in power banks 

In the stadium now but with about 3000 people with Paramore due in 15 minutes 

Started queuing at 3.30

This specifically for standing or was the entire thing a shitshow?

6 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

This specifically for standing or was the entire thing a shitshow?

Standing looks ok, top tier is a sh*t show ....3 people checking tickets to be let into a pen where then about 8 people are checking 

2 minutes ago, pryce said:

Standing looks ok, top tier is a sh*t show ....3 people checking tickets to be let into a pen where then about 8 people are checking 

I’m right at the tippity top myself so looks like I’m gonna have to get there nice and handy! Will be majorly pissed if I miss any of Paramore.

6 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

I’m right at the tippity top myself so looks like I’m gonna have to get there nice and handy! Will be majorly pissed if I miss any of Paramore.

Taylor was incredible...but the crowd stole the show ..never heard anything like it in my life 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Listening to TTPD for the first time in a couple of weeks and the songs on the main album have all stuck.  It's actually....... good.

Yeah it's grown on me a lot. Still think it's too long and there are more than a few duds but Fortnight, Down Bad, The Black Dog, The Bolter, But Daddy I Love Him, Tortured Poets Department, thanK you aIMee and So High School are heavy in my rotation on Spotify now

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Listening to TTPD for the first time in a couple of weeks and the songs on the main album have all stuck.  It's actually....... good.

An album that long is bound to have good moments. It’s the bangers:length ratio that’s notable. 

8 minutes ago, kalifire said:

An album that long is bound to have good moments. It’s the bangers:length ratio that’s notable. 

In its double incarnation it's way too long and too tonally similar.  But taken song by song there aren't really any clunkers.

It’s not that her new album is bad or has any particularly bad songs, it’s that it’s completely anonymous in her discography. Every one of her albums has a couple of slower piano ballad-y songs, and this is just lots and lots of them one after the other in an endless slog.

Listened to the Eras tour playlist to get myself excited again for the show and it worked, until it came to that section where it just felt like I’d already listened to all of those songs or some version of them earlier on. Actually made the Midnights stuff that came after sound mildly exciting, which is impressive because Midnights sucks. Real shame she’s lumped all of that together at the end of the set and I really hope the staging/performance makes it less of a bore-a-thon than the recorded versions.

Also first time I’ve heard Look What You Made Me Do in a long time and it brought me right back to the first time hearing it and trying to wrap my head around what she was going for. The warbly dubstep synths on that album have aged like milk. Surely even at the time of release people were kind of over that sound?

• 2 weeks later...