Mad Cool 2023

edge235

1 hour ago, Macca077 said:

Who were they?  I looked at the day split images and there's 3 or 4 clues not on them so assumed they hadn't been announced.

I presumed the Game Boy thing was Video Games for Lana but… someone said it was some random act.  

7 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

Yeah but dudes gotta play other gigs right. Like he played some Scandinavian fest the last time he did his one or two shows in the US.

He's got a new album this year supposedly.

Seems like something impossible, and I don’t think he would come to Mad Cool if he’s coming to Spain, Primavera Sound would pay him a big money to show up, it’s something else for sure, probably Lana. 

1 minute ago, Nick dp said:

I'm hoping miley isn't one of the headliners, as I camt really go this year but that would sway me. Would defo expect a female headliner out of the two as only Lizzo so far

I also expect a female band or an artist as all the big names in the lineup are male besides Lizzo, and she's not even a headliner in her day?

Lorde could be a possibility but she seems too small for the festival, Lana seems more reasonable. As people mentioned, it could an american act announcing tour dates, cause I don't understand the late announcement. 

11 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

Lana del Rey tour band hinted a Spring/Summer tour to be announced soon, seems a bit too late to announce a solo tour now so festivals seem more feasible, she already has some concerts in Australia and Brazil 

And to be fair we could have been wrong about the Nintendo hint and could still mean Lana. However it is unlikely because they used that on the Saturday poster.

51 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I think we just have very high expectations, it will probably something like Stormzy or Mumford and Sons  

Is Lana high expectations? No offence to her. Taylor Swift would be high expectations, LDR is medium expectations at most

20 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Is Lana high expectations? No offence to her. Taylor Swift would be high expectations, LDR is medium expectations at most

I mean high expectations in terms of artists that are touring around, Stormzy and Mumford and Sons are and they seem like a more safe choice, and I do believe that they would attract much less people than her. 

7 minutes ago, Akujin said:

Damn, Lana actually has 40 mill monthly listeners which is more than RHCP… that’s shocking to me. I have never known anyone who’s a fan of her.

She’s not bigger than RHCP ofc, but if you put her as a headliner on the second day, she is definitely bigger than QOTSA, Black Keys and Sam Smith. You cannot say the same about Stormzy or Mumford and Sons, that’s why having her would bring a lot of people.