ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Good luck  … what evidence do you have ? 

I have:

• Screenshot of payment processing
  • Payment timeout 
  • OTP approval message
  • Registrations being locked out after.

I'm not getting my hopes up. 9.24am timestamp on the OTP. 

But thanks man hope for the best!

Edited by Mark Greensmith

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

With the amount of people apparently affected by this situation, that wouldn't bode well for resale chances 

Yeah but last time water bottle issue .. it seems they might have a few spares kicking about …. Not sure enough people will have the evidence needed to make a vast difference . 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah but last time water bottle issue .. it seems they might have a few spares kicking about …. Not sure enough people will have the evidence needed to make a vast difference . 

What evidence do you think you would need? 

Guess I had just accepted by now that issues are just part of the drama haha. Obviously, this year was an exception in being incredibly shambolic

1 minute ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Another tip for future sales - screenshot everything! You never know if you might need the evidence 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yours looks decent 🙂 … don’t think I’d have my faculties together to get that kind of evidence myself during a sale 

Wonder if they hold the data to look at that transaction in isolation, proving what had happened and the story.. Guess we'll see!

10 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Good luck, keep chasing - I queried my payment failing on main ticket day and seetickets rang me yesterday and took payment and now have our tickets sorted

Can I ask what happened with payment on ticket day, what evidence did you have and who did you email?

Thanks man

Just now, Mark Greensmith said:

Can I ask what happened with payment on ticket day, what evidence did you have and who did you email?

Thanks man

Kicked out completely after entering OTP
I contacted my bank, they had a ‘booking ref’ associated with the ‘declined’ payment, which was a seetickets system error, not me or the bank had done anything wrong - payment was authorised twice 4 mins apart according to my bank - seetickets didn’t collect due to out of date system security regulations - I only had screenshot of my OTP, but bank was prepared to write a letter confirming everything - i emailed seetickets and glasto fest - seetickets came back with an outright no booking, glasto also forwarded on for them to investigate - total shock when i got the call yesterday aft for them to take a payment - had to recite card details from memory as didn’t have my purse with me 

keep on it, took just over a week to get it sorted and most of my time spent was dragging the info I needed out of the bank

good luck

I think Glastonbury have enough data to be able to estimate how many they are likely to get in resale and so there is probably always an allowance to account for the really unfair ticketing day fuck up's. In the 2016 sale we had an issue that was See's fault and whilst See wouldn't do anything when we wrote to Glastonbury they made someone from See call and allow us to book tickets. 

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I think Glastonbury have enough data to be able to estimate how many they are likely to get in resale and so there is probably always an allowance to account for the really unfair ticketing day fuck up's. In the 2016 sale we had an issue that was See's fault and whilst See wouldn't do anything when we wrote to Glastonbury they made someone from See call and allow us to book tickets. 

I guess my reservation this time was how many unfair ticketing fucks up there was this time!

3 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Kicked out completely after entering OTP
I contacted my bank, they had a ‘booking ref’ associated with the ‘declined’ payment, which was a seetickets system error, not me or the bank had done anything wrong - payment was authorised twice 4 mins apart according to my bank - seetickets didn’t collect due to out of date system security regulations - I only had screenshot of my OTP, but bank was prepared to write a letter confirming everything - i emailed seetickets and glasto fest - seetickets came back with an outright no booking, glasto also forwarded on for them to investigate - total shock when i got the call yesterday aft for them to take a payment - had to recite card details from memory as didn’t have my purse with me 

keep on it, took just over a week to get it sorted and most of my time spent was dragging the info I needed out of the bank

good luck

Thanks man just PM'ed

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I doubt they're even digging into potential resale numbers here - Given how badly the site was falling over, it's entirely plausible that once the dust has settled on the sale they've got a few hundred tickets left over. If that's the case then this seems like an easy, relatively low key, and customer friendly way of shifting those tickets.

I sent an email to see tickets at Glastonbury. Could not send via their site as I had no booking reference.

Got a standard reply back RE no booking.

Sent another email but no reply. Have chased this up again.

I have screenshots of my bank saying payment refused due to restrictions at See Tickets end.

Any info via PM on how other people are getting on welcome and I will update any news I get here. 

1 hour ago, Mark Greensmith said:

I have:

• Screenshot of payment processing
  • Payment timeout 
  • OTP approval message
  • Registrations being locked out after.

I'm not getting my hopes up. 9.24am timestamp on the OTP. 

But thanks man hope for the best!

I am in a ladies only Glastonbury Facebook group and the successful ones had had payment confirmed so I would think you are in with a good chance. Might be an idea to get some confirmation from your bank that SeeTickets rejected the payment. The email they are using is help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk  Good luck!!

Edited by StoneCircle

22 minutes ago, faymondo said:

I sent an email to see tickets at Glastonbury. Could not send via their site as I had no booking reference.

Got a standard reply back RE no booking.

Sent another email but no reply. Have chased this up again.

I have screenshots of my bank saying payment refused due to restrictions at See Tickets end.

Any info via PM on how other people are getting on welcome and I will update any news I get here. 

Might be worth trying help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk if that isn't the email you have already sent your details to. 

On 11/6/2022 at 11:06 AM, Kurosagi said:

Did you manage to bag tix? Hope so, it would be good to hear that at least one of the politics thread regulars managed it.

Hello! Only just catching up on all the developments as have been away, but yes I did (well, my mate did just as we thought they'd sold out)! 

So sorry to hear you didn't get them but I'm happy to offer help in the resale to whoever needs it. Gimme a yell nearer the time.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Hello! Only just catching up on all the developments as have been away, but yes I did (well, my mate did just as we thought they'd sold out)! 

Good news, happy for you 😊

Like others on here it was the getting through to the banking page multiple times and the page crashing that was a bit...well, rubbish. I think I'd have preferred to have just had holding pages all morning instead!

Yep, delayed gratification until the resale is the hope. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

Good news, happy for you 😊

Like others on here it was the getting through to the banking page multiple times and the page crashing that was a bit...well, rubbish. I think I'd have preferred to have just had holding pages all morning instead!

Yep, delayed gratification until the resale is the hope. 

Yeah I can fully appreciate that. Sounds like a very frustrating experience all round.

I had a shocker in the coach sale (entering all my regs on three different devices but never being able to select a coach) and then thought I had no chance. On the Sunday I was trying on my phone from a hotel in Ecuador at 4am so I'd pretty much given up hope. Especially when I saw the sold out messages. I didn't get further than a holding page so couldn't believe it when my mate smashed it.

Having not had a ticket since the 2019 festival I'm pretty made up. Especially to get my mate back on the farm again, providing she's well enough when it comes round.

I've had success in the resale a few times, though, and many do so definitely don't give up hope! 

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales