Green Man 2023

March Hare

17 hours ago, Paul McM said:

Hi all, was looking for some help with a few clashes (based on clash-finder, depending on final timings) with some bands I haven't seen live and can't (and don't want to!) choose between. Just wondering what people might recommend if having seen them before.

Here are the clashes:

Lost Map vs Rogue Jones (thurs)

(arghhg!) Spiritualised vs Bug Club (thurs)

Sorry vs Eaves Wilder vs Butch Cassidy (Fri)

Daniel Avery vs PVA (Fri)

Water From your eyes vs Mandy, Indiana (Sat)

James Holden vs MadMadMad

There's a few others currently with some i've seen before, so guess i'll make the call on the day. Hoping there's a little bit of "shuffle" when the times come out to help.

Thanks anyone for their recommendations!!

Paul.

Lost Map vs Rogue Jones (thurs) I’ve really liked what I’ve heard so far of Rogue Jones so am giving them a go - may pop over to Lost Map for last 20mins

Spiritualised vs Bug Club (thurs) I love that GM have given Bug Club a headline spot on WG, should be a great atmosphere there, first night etc

Sorry vs Eaves Wilder vs Butch Cassidy (Fri) Probably none - this is my last chance for food before the crazy Friday eve line up where I need to split myself in half between Mountain and Far Out!

Daniel Avery vs PVA (Fri) Both - probably start with Avery and finish with PVA

Water From your eyes vs Mandy, Indiana (Sat) Seen them at EOTR last year and liked a lot

James Holden vs MadMadMad - Will decide on the night - see how I’m faring by Sunday eve! Like what I’ve heard from both.

16 hours ago, Ged Devereux said:

Anyone remember if the shops sells ice and if so how well stocked are they? Has become a game changer for me at Glasto the past few years 

I know they have sold ice in previous years but can't comment on stocks. 

2 hours ago, thym3lord said:

Does anyone know if there's a food stall in the settlers camp?

Yes, from memory but didn't actually use them... a cafe, a food stall and a deli...

• Upvote 1

Any tips regarding arrival on Thursday morning? I’ll be driving up from M4, would like to get in as early as possible - I see car parks open at 10am. 

I’ve realised last year I didn’t follow the directions on the website - we arrived early afternoon and went through Crickhowell but got stuck in queue for quite a while. Website says we should have taken a more southerly approach on the B4560 over the mountain.

5 hours ago, mario man said:

Any tips regarding arrival on Thursday morning? I’ll be driving up from M4, would like to get in as early as possible - I see car parks open at 10am. 

Last year we camped over nearby on the Wednesday and think we got to the campervan field not long after 8am and we were just waved in. Main carpark might be different of course.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2023 at 3:37 PM, mario man said:

Website says we should have taken a more southerly approach on the B4560 over the mountain.

I do believe this is the 'official' route agreed in the traffic plan.  A465 'Head of The Valleys' road then B4560 to Llangynidr. Take this route every year ... and look forward to it.  If the weather is fair the views are gobsmacking!    

• Like 2

On 8/9/2023 at 11:56 AM, thym3lord said:

Does anyone know if there's a food stall in the settlers camp?

In previous years there have been food vendors (including and Indian and a pizza place last time I think) and a shop selling local produce include bread, milk, meat cheese etc 

• Like 1

Hi all! We bought greenman tickets for the family but the infants had sold out. I thought as they were free that we would be able to add on but greenman have said we need a resale ticket. Not sure how likely this will be as the infant ones are free of charge. Wondering if anyone has a spare infant ticket, or alternatively would pay for a little folks ticket. Thanks in advance. 

In past years we have just taken our friends tent and put it up next to ours before the masses arrive. Usually just chilled out/wandered into Crickhowell during settlement but fancy getting out on a decent walk this time around. Anyone got any recommendations of their favourite walks that you can either do from site or within a short drive? 

1 hour ago, Coopa said:

In past years we have just taken our friends tent and put it up next to ours before the masses arrive. Usually just chilled out/wandered into Crickhowell during settlement but fancy getting out on a decent walk this time around. Anyone got any recommendations of their favourite walks that you can either do from site or within a short drive? 

With the increasing busyness of Settlement I’m not sure it’s cool to put up empty tents that won’t be used until Thursday. We’ve done it in the past too when the site was emptier, but wouldn’t now. Will be moving camp on Thursday morning so that we can camp with friends.

Pen y Fan is a short drive away and a great walk, or head up the big hill North of the site from the site.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coopa said:

Anyone got any recommendations of their favourite walks that you can either do from site or within a short drive? 

There's a nice walk along the canal at top of Llangattock

Edited by czuk

7 hours ago, thym3lord said:

With the increasing busyness of Settlement I’m not sure it’s cool to put up empty tents that won’t be used until Thursday. We’ve done it in the past too when the site was emptier, but wouldn’t now. Will be moving camp on Thursday morning so that we can camp with friends.

Pen y Fan is a short drive away and a great walk, or head up the big hill North of the site from the site.

Yer sorry, wasnt advocating putting them up for the whole of settlers, just thursday morning before everyone piles in. Thanks for the walk tips, heres to hoping for suitable weather now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coopa said:

I'm not sure what difference putting one small tent up amongst the 14 or so my group usually has makes.  Especially compared to some of the ginormous structures that are there.  And to relocate 14 tents on Thursday would be ridiculous. 

Less cool IMHO is taking toilet tents, shower tents, and suchlike. 

But let's not get judgy about individual situations, be nice and not take the piss with space. 

12 hours ago, retromoz said:

A map! 

Yes, it's with the accessibility needs as priority. And does not have everything. However......it IS a map of Green Man 2023.

It's happening!!!

GM2023_MAP-Accessibility.pdfUnavailable

Attachment not showing up - would love to see a map even though we are not going as we plan to go in 2024.