Green Man 2023

March Hare

55 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Probably on an exclusive contract for this summer. Also, doesn't she live in the UK? It'd be like saying (plucking a name out, I don't think this will happen) "Idles are playing a festival in England in July, maybe they're going to headline?"

but her being 'active' this summer is a factor surely?  Idles have been active every year haven't they? 

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

but her being 'active' this summer is a factor surely?  Idles have been active every year haven't they? 

I didn't mean Idles specifically, as I thought I'd gone out of my way to point out, just saying that because someone based in Britain has a headline slot doesn't necessarily mean they become more likely to play somewhere else.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:12 PM, Enkidu said:

A  P  H  E  X   T  W  I  N
P
H
E
X

T
W
I
N

"I wanted to do gigs where you've just got mirrors on the stage, and then you light the crowd so they look at the stage and all they can see is themselves. It's just like, "There you go, it's you, you c**ts." - Aphex Twin

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

I didn't mean Idles specifically, as I thought I'd gone out of my way to point out, just saying that because someone based in Britain has a headline slot doesn't necessarily mean they become more likely to play somewhere else.

of course, i was using your example.  I mean if someone is active they are more likely to be doing festivals, so perhaps Grace Jones?

22 hours ago, zico martin said:

of course, i was using your example.  I mean if someone is active they are more likely to be doing festivals, so perhaps Grace Jones?

Maybe, and I did wonder after seeing that myself whether Grace would be on GM's potential headliner radar, but I think she's the type to do one big special show a year.

Go to the topic for spoilers but there's some interesting names in the leaked Field Day line-up for the same weekend especially among the international acts, with one who was due to play in 2020 and a couple who if either headlined Far Out would be an experience. And the APE line-up for the following weekend makes one band talked about as potential headliners possibly likelier. (None of this is even mentioning the act who've been in the music news a lot this week who are apparently rumoured to be coming over in late August...)

Edited by SweepingTheNation

9 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Maybe, and I did wonder after seeing that myself whether Grace would be on GM's potential headliner radar, but I think she's the type to do one big special show a year.

Go to the topic for spoilers but there's some interesting names in the leaked Field Day line-up for the same weekend especially among the international acts, with one who was due to play in 2020 and a couple who if either headlined Far Out would be an experience. And the APE line-up for the following weekend makes one band talked about as potential headliners possibly likelier. (None of this is even mentioning the act who've been in the music news a lot this week who are apparently rumoured to be coming over in late August...)

Why are you speaking in riddles who are these acts haha

11 hours ago, SweepingTheNation said:

i would bet that you are talking about Black Midi, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Boygenius, but who knows